Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Musings of a boring nerd

happy_snapper

We were told yesterday that a make-or-break kind of deal was being discussed by our boss with another company. If it goes through, our jobs are safe well into next year and things are probably good for a long time to come.

If it doesn't happen, the future of the company is not certain.

Great time for me to be getting a mortgage!

Things felt so good on Monday

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking at houses sounds like a very... couple-y thing to do. I'd feel very uncomfortable asking her that.

My mother discovered an interesting feature of a couple of property-hunting websites.

Do a search for properties in my price range within the city and a few pop up. Not that many.

Do the same thing for properties within a particular area of the city, loads more pop up.

It turns out that there are a hell of a lot of properties listed on that site, but you have to search within a smaller area for them to be shown to you.

I suppose that they can't just show you everything, because you'd never get through them all.

Going back to the subject of The Girl, yet again I'm waiting to hear back from her. I keep telling myself that I think I need to move on, I just don't know what to make of the way she communicates.

Like I said before, the feeling I get from the contents of her messages is very friendly. But she takes FOREVER to respond. I sent her one asking if she wants to do something this weekend, but half the week has gone and she still hasn't responded at all. I have no idea if she's even read it.

It's driving me mad. One thing's for sure, she isn't sitting there watching her inbox, waiting for me to send her a message.

Like I said before: I think I'm on her priority list, but at the VERY bottom.

I'm not trying any more.

I know exactly how you feel. Hey...I'd go house hunting with you....but then again...that's my thing. If you keep it friendly...like...hey I'm looking at this house...wanna ride along?

Also....i've been on pof...and i hadn't heard back from a few guys...so i messaged them again...and they responded quite promptly.

Sometimes...especially if you get a LOT of emails...one can get lost in the shuffle!

Don't give up!!!

Do you ever do things, then instantly wonder why you did it?

Like I said, I sent her a txt and she replied, saying she hasn't had time to properly reply.

So I sent her an email:

I sometimes forget that not everybody spends their entire life in front of a computer. However busy I am, I always find myself going through emails and suchlike at some point during the day, so I don't look at it as something that takes a lot of my time. You know what I mean?

It's nice of you to want to write a proper reply.

Listen, if these emails are bothering you, just say and I'll leave you alone. I expect you've got enough to deal with, without some weird bloke sending you messages all the time.

2 seconds after I sent it, I read it again.

Is it just me or does that sound really stroppy and insecure and generally... crap.

I suppose I just want some confirmation from her.

I wish emails had an edit button, like forum posts. It's sent, there's no taking it back now.

I expect she'll email back this evening. I'm just hoping she doesn't tell me to stop emailing her.

lol...poor peter...

Many times i have messaged a guy a few days later....because i wanted to write when i had the time. But if i really liked them, i would say...'don't have time to respond now...will write later when more time'" .lol

But then again...i spend half my day in front of this thing...and now am running late for work! ugh.

Hopefully she will just laugh....

She made the proper reply that she wanted to do and didn't draw any attention to the bit about telling me if I'm annoying her. She referenced the bit about spending my life in front of a computer, so she must have read that last email I sent.

I knew it would happen. What is that? the third or fourth time? I'm just beginning to think that she's completely lost interest, then she replies.

Probably be seeing her on the 6th at the carnival with the rest of the photography group

I just want to go back to bed and hide from the world. Everything feels wrong.

I've got lots of things to do, but I don't want to do them. The few things I want to do, I can't.

I'm sick and tired of being me. I want to be somebody else. I thought I had a chance of moving out and starting again, but something always finds a way to ruin it.

god knows how long it's going to be before I'm financially stable again.

Did the thing at work not go well? You said you weren't going to move out or 2 months anyway so use that time to look for a job as well. If your moving and looking for a job then basically the worlds your oyster because you could move anywhere!

Still don't know yet. It's all still behind the scenes. I don't have the slightest idea what's going on.

All I know is that my job isn't secure in the medium term and I can't get a mortgage on the reduced salary we've all been on for the last few months.

From what I've been told, if the deal goes through, we're fine. If it doesn't, we're fine until one of our creditors loses patience and calls in our debt. So my plan is to wait and see what happens, if the deal is made I'm happy. If the deal fails, I instantly start job-hunting while I still have a job.

There's no way I could deal with leaving home, learning how to live by myself, buying a house, moving and starting a new job at the same time. With the pitiful amount of savings I have, I'm not even sure it would be possible.

I just have to put my life on hold again.

There's no way I could deal with leaving home, learning how to live by myself!

Believe me...that's easy! You're free and starting a new adventure. Only problem is money...eh...i've gone years with no money! Find a honey to cook for you!!! lol

Keep your eyes open for a new job...so you're not always on pins and needles of 'what if this happens'....and like clingy says...you now can cast your net anywhere!!

I say....start looking at ALL opportunities! AND i mean ALL!!!

edit.....knock, knock Peter....wake up!!! Time to drink some strong coffee...put your big boy pants on...and step out into the world!!! (so much easier for other people to say!

Spent a very enjoyable weekend tidying my bedroom. It actually shocked me to see physical evidence of how lazy I am.

I have a drawer that I called "The paper drawer". Up until yesterday it contained practically every important piece of paperwork about me, plus a lot of semi-important paperwork, plus some junk, plus a TV remote-control that I'd been looking for for 2 years... All in one vast pile.

It is no longer called "The paper drawer", because all my important paperwork is in a nice new filing...case...thing and all the unimportant crap has been burnt.

All weekend I kept finding things that reminded me that this was the first time I'd sorted through my stuff in several years. The whole room was evidence of at least 5 years of saying "I'll sort that out later" about everything.

Also got my airsoft guns out to check them. The safety catch on the M4 rusted and broke off, so the whole thing is unusable. One tiny piece of metal gone, £150-worth of machinery won't fire a single pellet. I've never had any luck with that gun since the day I bought it, I think it's only been in a usable condition 3 times I've taken it out.

The AUG and MP5 are still amazing as ever.

Wow the office is quiet today.

Management working from home.

1 guy off sick

2 guys have taken the day off

5 people here. That's the entire company.

The sun is shining, it's Friday, the phones are quiet, the boss isn't around, no meetings, no deadlines, carnival tomorrow with the photography group (including you-know-who), sunny weekend forecast...

One of those days when you sit in a nervous state of paranoia, waiting for something to go wrong.

Nothing went wrong as such.

Yesterday was good. Got some really good photos. Loads of Caribbean, Mexican and traditional barbecue food. Lots of beer. No sunburn surprisingly.

How was/is Jenny feeling....

I'd summarise it by saying I have less idea where I stand with her now than when I first met her. I think the situation must be one of the following:

A. She's kind of interested in me, but has too many other things going on to really consider it.

B. She's not interested in me in that way at all, I'm interpreting certain bits of the way she interacts with me in the way I was to see them.

C. She's kind of interested in me, but is waiting for me to make a real move.

D. She's not sure what to make of me.

Right now I'm thinking A or B. Actually, I really think it's B.

I'm just so confused. On one hand, it's been nearly 3 months since I met her and I still haven't got a clue, plus she doesn't seem to make any particular effort to see me or talk to me. I've met her 3 times.

But the thing is, when she does see me and/or speak to me, she says and does things, little things, that make me wonder.

Anyway the day kind of ended on a low. Like I said, I was drinking quite a bit yesterday, I didn't get drunk, but seeing as I didn't drink anything non-alcoholic between the hours of 12:00 and 17:00, I was feeling the effects by the end of the day. The problem was when it started wearing off. The first thing that comes back when I sober up, is my inhibitions and self-awareness. So I suddenly found myself in a room with a load of people I'm trying to get to know (one a little more so than the others), feeling like I'm acting like a drunk teenager (event though I probably wasn't). In my head everything started to feel... wrong. That oh so familiar feeling that I don't belong here, I don't belong with these people. I made an excuse and went home, further cementing my position as the boring one.

Spent the evening sat in my room feeling sorry for myself.

oh baby....alcohol is a depressant. I always get weird when i drink....well ...usually. It does bring out the insecurities in a person!

I know...i want to believe Jenny sees something in you too~ but i'm like you in the fact, if a guy isn't making MOVES to see me...i give up!

I mean really, just because i would move heavens and earth to see someone....doesn't mean THEY would!

I'd just come out and spill my guts. Say Jenny, i really like you. Do you see me just as a friend? or would you mind if i took you out on a date?

I met a guy thru this meetup group i'm in. We've seen each other and hung together cuz ....basically we're both single...and mostly women.....or really weird guys! He's NOTHING to look at....sorta reminds me of Quasimodo (Hunchback guy)

I have a feeling he might like me and we are both on the same dating sites. But i pretty much let it be known i like him only as friends...lol...talk about other guys pretty much seals that deal! lol

But he asked me if i'd like to go out of town (3 hrs) and see this bridge that's lit up at night on a bike path. I said sure.

I have NO interest in him....but it sucks being alone. And i can STAND his company...i think. We've never had to actually talk to each other one on one before. Always with one or more other people. So we will see.

He comes up with some good one-liners! And i appreciate humor! lol

But that is me...and not you.

You are cute....and people LIKE you....

So do you act flirtatious at ALL around her? Maybe she doesn't think you're interested in HER?

Or you could be casual and say...hey are you seeing anyone? Would you like to go out together sometime?

I mean the worst she could say is...i see you only as friends.

Of course...i was just seeing this one guy for a MONTH....and we ended up having SEX....also was the first time we kissed!

And then i got the 'lets just be friends and not a couple' email.

Sheesh...he pushed the sex thing...not me. But since it had been a year...i thought...what the hellll.....now i'm p*ssed. lol

Archived