Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Musings of a boring nerd

happy_snapper

The weather's been really hot so I haven't been at my computer much at home and work has been utterly crazy, so I haven't had those little 5 minute down-time moments to post anything. Got a couple of minutes before lunch is over and I have do some more work.

Plus generally nothing's happened that's been worth talking about. Days have passed by, nothing has progressed.

Lets see...

Work-wise, things seem to be going ok, apart from one of the senior engineers deciding it's time to move on. So we've got about a month to scoop all his knowledge out before he goes, and it turns out that he's the only person who knows anything about a few things, so we've got a lot to learn.

I decided to join some members of the SA support group on a camping trip next weekend, but it got cancelled.

The organiser of the photography group was talking about a camping trip as well, but hasn't planned anything, so I'm taking over. First time I've ever organised anything.

What else...

Oh yeah, had a swimming lesson last week. First time I've been in a pool for about 15 years. I'm not as bad I thought.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GREAT! You're organizing a trip! Way to go! And your crush will be going also? maybe? Have you talked to her? Apparently not since you didn't mention her!

I canceled myself off POF and Cupid. ugh. 3 potential dates fell by the wayside all in one week. One guy after 2 weeks of texting and saying 'hi beautiful, hugs,' etc. but was too busy to meet up...i asked if he had met someone...and he said, well...umm...he just had. great.

The next guy was strung so tight i thought his head was going to explode. CHILL. We were at his camper (yep, first meet...he first came to MY house and i cooked for him) and he was all upset because some dogs were barking. I mean, going bonkers.

The next day i met a guy that was the BEST i had met in 2 years. Not to say there was any chemistry. To have that i think it has to be mutual...but he was still in love...and i mean IN LOVE with an ex from a year and a half ago....sheesh.

So. Swimming lessons. It's hot. Call the girl you like up...and ask her to go swimming with you. Just hang out by the water. What could it hurt.??

A guy i met on the hiking meetup...who looks like Quasimodo...the guy i told you about before i think...like him as friends. He asked me out on a DATE via POF. The same day i was out with guy in love with ex.

I went home and deleted myself from pof.

I want to be JUST HIS FRIEND and not muck it up with 'dating'....ugh.

I thought i'd use the word 'muck'....it's soooo 'over the pond' lingo! hahahahahahaha

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Pool Boy...how's it going??? Planning that camping trip...? Making out with that girl??? When you seen her next time...try holding her HAND!

I like a guy who shows a little initiative that he LIKES me! OF course...if i don't LIKE HIM....then i don't want him to HOLD my hand....lol

Life sucks sometimes....but hope your house hunting is still on!!!!!!

You post here more than me.

Planning for the trip is going well, we have a campsite booked, a few people are interested... Should be good.

Next time I see her... I wonder when that will be. I haven't seen her since the 6th, haven't txted since the 18th (I asked her about the camping trip: she's too busy). I was waiting to see if she'd noticed that I wasn't contacting her, but so far nothing. I'm guessing she's glad of having one less thing to deal with.

Trying to move on now, it's pointless getting myself upset about something that was never going to happen.

Right now she's too busy to notice my existence, and once she's got through everything she's dealing with, she'll be free to do whatever she wants with whoever she wants (i.e. somebody more interesting than me).

• 3 weeks later...

There just hasn't been anything I feel like talking about. Well stuff has happened, but I've lost the will to post about it.

Work is stressful and will continue to be stressful for a while.

The property market makes me more depressed every time I look at houses. My plan has completely gone out of the window and I can't concentrate long enough to make a new one.

The camping trip is going to happen in a couple of weeks.

Jenny emailed me a couple of days ago. That's the first time she's contacted me without me contacting her first. So yes, I still can't get her out of my head and no, I still have absolutely no idea where I stand with her.

Cheer up Peter!

She may not know where she stands with you! I "dated" my ex for 2 months before we even kissed, when we kissed it all became official. It was very cute, just get to know her.

It's great that's she's still contacting you it means she's interested! Are you going to meet up soon?

I've enjoyed reading your journal. This will sound nuts I know, but you took me back to England. I lived there for almost 7 years. I was married to an Englishman, he passed away. I miss England a lot. I absolutely loved it there. I am probably one of the very few Yanks that would actually rather live there than here. LOL.. By the way, keep your chin up. You will be ok. I have a feeling.

Cheer up Peter!

She may not know where she stands with you! I "dated" my ex for 2 months before we even kissed, when we kissed it all became official. It was very cute, just get to know her.

It's great that's she's still contacting you it means she's interested! Are you going to meet up soon?

She wants to meet up again soon, but I think she's talking about the photography group rather than just me. It's impossible to get to know her, I've known her for about 5 months and I've met her 3 times, plus she takes days/weeks to answer emails. I really am just kidding myself. She's just grabbed my attention because she's the only woman in the universe who is A. Single B. Near my own age and C. Aware of my existence. I'm not being dramatic, I just never meet people.

I was coming to terms with the facts, told myself that I'm just a lonely, maladjusted nerd. And then she sends me an email.

I was coming to terms with the facts, told myself that I'm just a lonely, maladjusted nerd. And then she sends me an email.

You know what that means....it must be fate!

Peter, the camping trip coming up should cheer you up!

And guess what....she emailed YOU...not the photography group.

Have to admit tho...i am hanging out with a guy that i have NO romantic interest in at all...but we talk almost daily. And see him lots too! So he's a friend, even tho he originally wanted to 'date' me.

But he wasn't 'CUTE' like you!

Be glad that she is 1. single, 2. your age. 3. aware of your existence 4. Get along. 5. You're attracted to her. 6. And she MAY be attracted to YOU!

I mean, she could be repulsed by you....and she ISN'T! YAY.

We won't talk about the 'house hunting'.

Have you replied?

When you do make sure when you ask her out she knows it's just the two of you. Pick an activity that the photography group don't do.

I don't meet people either it used to be that I couldn't because I got to nervous I'm a lot better now. I joined a few groups and practised on them.

Next time she takes ages to answer an email jokingly ask her if she responds to texts quicker it may get you her number.

Also you don't know if she likes you but does she know if you like her? It has to be quite obvious for a girl to know, my ex made a point of hugging me whenever we said good bye he'd also walk close to me and help me when we went for walks (I'm very short and clumsy, he was clumsy too though). I really like this guy at the moment he smiles at me and make a point to come and talk to me and laughs at my poor jokes but I don't even have his email address, well I have his work one (we work at the same place in different departments). I just can't tell he may just be being friendly.

Sorry for the ramble but hope it helps a bit.

I do wonder if she's as busy as she makes out. The one thing I really want to do right now, is straight up ask her if she really is too busy to answer an email. I'm quite sure that she's either avoiding answering me, or not noticing my emails. She has sent me emails from her iphone, so it's not like she doesn't have access to the internet.

Would it be too pushy for me to ask her about this stuff? I want to know if there's a better way for us to talk, or if really she just doesn't want to talk. But then why would she send me an email?

The one thing I really want to do right now, is straight up ask her if she really is too busy to answer an email.

No, No....don't say that! For one, it's negative, and TWO...it comes accross as attacking...or accusing her of being a liar!

Think about it..."Hey Jenny, are you REALLY too busy to answer an email?" YIKES!

Just say, "sure Jen, I'd love to see you at more meets. I miss seeing you!"

Direct and honest. Makes her feel GOOD! Remember that. Everything that comes out of your mouth...to her...should make her feel happy and glad that she's around you!

And then, hopefully she'll reciprocate!

Edit: yeah, ask for her phone number so you can text. Some people respond quicker to that. It's easy and fast. Emails can get lost in the shuffle...if you get a bunch. And it won't hurt to ask...

I've had her number for ages, but I hate sending texts.

"Remember that. Everything that comes out of your mouth...to her...should make her feel happy and glad that she's around you!"

Oh boy. Maybe it's best if I go back to assuming she hates me.

No you text her before Wednesday to ask her on a date maybe to the cinema. I know it probably sounds really daunting but you'll know either way. Are there any events on nearby, they're great for first dates. If the weathers good you could go to a maize maze and get lost together. Just ask her to an event and if she says no say "no prob I'll go with someone else" that way there shouldn't be any awkwardness between you when you next see each other. But if she says yes jump for joy and then probably get nervous for the date haha.

No you text her before Wednesday to ask her on a date maybe to the cinema. I know it probably sounds really daunting but you'll know either way. Are there any events on nearby, they're great for first dates. If the weathers good you could go to a maize maze and get lost together. Just ask her to an event and if she says no say "no prob I'll go with someone else" that way there shouldn't be any awkwardness between you when you next see each other. But if she says yes jump for joy and then probably get nervous for the date haha.

Yeah do this. It'll save you months of confusion and might even be a lot of fun.

"Remember that. Everything that comes out of your mouth...to her...should make her feel happy and glad that she's around you!"

Oh boy. Maybe it's best if I go back to assuming she hates me.

You just crack me up! I LOVE your sense of humor! You get me laughing over here til i got tears!!!

OH.....you were being serious?

So... yeah

I asked her what she's doing Sunday. She threatened to call the police if I ever contact her again...

Oh wait that was that dream I had last night.

She didn't have any plans, she used many exclamation marks, Treefest at Westonbirt Arboretum sounds good. A day of trees, wood carving, trees, food, trees, mad axemen, trees, hippies and... um... trees, lots of trees.

I'm going to phone her after work to sort out the details.

Did that just happen?

Archived