Ashton&Demi... split???? possible age gap related..

22n32

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does it really matter?

Ashton & Demi's relationship failing does not mean your/other age gap relationships will fail.

Ashton & Demi's relationship succeeding does not mean your/other age gap relationships will succeed.

Their reasons for breaking up have nothing to do with anyone but themselves and has no bearing on you or anyone else because there are a million unique factors that make up each relationship. I think it's sort of silly to have famous AGRs to look up to because it really means diddly squat for us whether they stay together for life or crash and burn.

I keep looking at her neck and hoping that is a shirt with some sort of collar. I hope so, for her sake.

And that is a photo of her WITH makeup on.

She looked like crap in that picture. >

I wonder why she would even take that. Her neck was not flattering at all.

I don't know if it's the age gap or not. I know many couples are older woman/younger guy and end up fine. It depends on the people. Ashton doesn't strike me as someone who would be faithful though. I don't know, he just seemed like a bit of a douchebag to me. Very cocky, etc. I don't see him staying faithful to anyone, regardless of their age.

She looked like crap in that picture. >

I wonder why she would even take that. Her neck was not flattering at all.

I don't know if it's the age gap or not. I know many couples are older woman/younger guy and end up fine. It depends on the people. Ashton doesn't strike me as someone who would be faithful though. I don't know, he just seemed like a bit of a douchebag to me. Very cocky, etc. I don't see him staying faithful to anyone, regardless of their age.

I'm sure she knew from the get go he wasn't really forever material. But he is a very cute guy and I can see why she fell crazy for him. I think a year with Ashton would be enough for me. ;-)

Look at the comments he has on his photo. Wow! link removed

Oh, I guess that IS her neck. link removed

No doubt about it. He broke up over the neck.

When it comes to emotions, women generally mature faster than men, and thus have an advantage.

When it comes to physical shape, men generally age better than women, and thus have an advantage.

In age gap relationships, you'll see a lot of younger women with older men: the women are attracted to their maturity, the men are attracted to their youthful spirit (and possibly other things). Older women and younger men have more of a natural deadline, IMHO, as the mutual attraction will be negatively affected by time.

When it comes to emotions, women generally mature faster than men, and thus have an advantage.

When it comes to physical shape, men generally age better than women, and thus have an advantage.

In age gap relationships, you'll see a lot of younger women with older men: the women are attracted to their maturity, the men are attracted to their youthful spirit (and possibly other things). Older women and younger men have more of a natural deadline, IMHO, as the mutual attraction will be negatively affected by time.

I'm gonna have to tottaly agree....

People keep giving reasons Ashton is a dbag not faithfully type..

But before he was nice, he steped up to the plate and dated demi, accepted her children.. he didn't have too, he could of had anyone.. and demi too but she choose Ashton because he was young..

If any women/men age gap would work the long term would be them.. they had money.. both demi and Ashton were wanted by others.. they had it all..

Yet exactly what blue spirial said took over... I've never heard someone cheat on a 23yr for a 48yr..

I'm not trying to be mean here.. it just seems there's almost a little denial about this topic.. any exuses will come up to protect this subject..

And as I was in denial about my ex, I've learnd not to have such close mind on the subject...

Demi has aged much better than an average woman, that's for sure. People have been saying for years now that Demi gets younger looking the older she gets. That was her playing card. But it's over now. She had a good run, six years with Ashton. That's longer than a lot of marriages last in couples that are close in age.

Cher was able to pull that off for years too. Now she can't.

I'm sure she knew from the get go he wasn't really forever material. But he is a very cute guy and I can see why she fell crazy for him. I think a year with Ashton would be enough for me. ;-)

Look at the comments he has on his photo. Wow! link removed

Oh, I guess that IS her neck. link removed

No doubt about it. He broke up over the neck.

I'm not sure which I would break up over....the neck or the Harry Potter glasses. >

Physically, I guess this is true. Again though, I think it depends on the couple and how well people age. I'm still young (21) and haven't been in such a relationship where i'm the older one but I've seen some successful ones.

I think looks are important but there are many different parts to attraction. If there weren't, then why is it that 35% or so of men cheat and not 100% as they and their wives get older? Not everyone does.

I'm no Ashton/Demi fan, but some of the comments that I've read here make me a little sad. I hesitate to be all "holier-than-thou" about it because I am unsure if what's been said are just throwaway comments or if they are actually as snide as they come accross to me. Sure, Demi is starting to age, and yes, in those pictures her neck doesn't look all that attractive, but it feels wrong to make fun of her for being dumped and to say that it is because of how she looks.

And yes, I realize that it is some celebrity that is most likely never going to read this, but there are plenty of women here on ENA that are Demi's age, and I will one day be that age and it makes me sad to think that there are people who believe that once a woman has lost her youthfulness then she loses her value as well.

/high horse

And yes, I realize that it is some celebrity that is most likely never going to read this, but there are plenty of women here on ENA that are Demi's age, and I will one day be that age and it makes me sad to think that there are people who believe that once a woman has lost her youthfulness then she loses her value as well.

Obviously, all human beings have an intrinsic value that can't be taken away--some people believe that out of a respect for human life, others out of the concept of uniqueness and human experience.

But for those of us who are only in this for sex, we believe people have a relative value, as well. As such, I doubt I'll ever be involved with a woman over the age of 48 or so. It doesn't mean I think they're wastes of space, it just means that they aren't really relevant to my life. It's the same reason why I've never had any male friendships. All people have value, but for my purposes, only a fairly narrow cross-section of women have value.

Most women won't ever have to worry about this, as most guys really want sex and are willing to settle for less to get it regularly.

Obviously, all human beings have an intrinsic value that can't be taken away--some people believe that out of a respect for human life, others out of the concept of uniqueness and human experience.

But for those of us who are only in this for sex, we believe people have a relative value, as well. As such, I doubt I'll ever be involved with a woman over the age of 48 or so. It doesn't mean I think they're wastes of space, it just means that they aren't really relevant to my life. It's the same reason why I've never had any male friendships. All people have value, but for my purposes, only a fairly narrow cross-section of women have value.

Most women won't ever have to worry about this, as most guys really want sex and are willing to settle for less to get it regularly.

I think this attitude was her point. haha

I also appreciate one less 32 year old after me, it's exhausting. lol

Thing is, most guys aren't just in for the sex. Is sex important? Absolutely! But there are other things that are important (to them) and that's why they have relationships. And no, I don't think "most" guys just have them just for the sex. If they do, why do we have so many heart broken guys come here after BUs?

The neck wouldn't be a huge issue for an old man. Even an old guy wouldn't be attracted to that part of her though. But if he were older, he would look in the mirror and see his own body going downhill and would be much more forgiving about the neck cave.

I have those similar problems, so I can make fun of it. I actually talk about my own face fails and my husband and I laugh together about his bald head. It's nothing that Demi hasn't thought of, I'm sure.

The neck wouldn't be a huge issue for an old man. Even an old guy wouldn't be attracted to that part of her though. But if he were older, he would look in the mirror and see his own body going downhill and would be much more forgiving about the neck cave.

I have those similar problems, so I can make fun of it. I actually talk about my own face fails and my husband and I laugh together about his bald head. It's nothing that Demi hasn't thought of, I'm sure.

I agree with this. My mom a "turkey neck" as she calls it and I like to poke fun. I don't really mean to say that Demi is "ugly" and that's why Ashton is leaving her. She's not. And heck, I'm going to get old and I'll have a turkey neck someday (If my mom had one, who's to say that I won't?) so I may as well laugh about it now. In fact, I thiink everyone should. We're all going to get there.

If you're only in it for sex, then by all means, have any standards that you want. I wouldn't date someone much older than me either. My point is that if you're in a committed relationship, you'd think that people would want more than just a pretty face for a partner.

I agree with this. My mom a "turkey neck" as she calls it and I like to poke fun. I don't really mean to say that Demi is "ugly" and that's why Ashton is leaving her. She's not. And heck, I'm going to get old and I'll have a turkey neck someday (If my mom had one, who's to say that I won't?) so I may as well laugh about it now. In fact, I thiink everyone should. We're all going to get there.

For her age, she is a total knockout beauty! I'm sure she is aware of that too. She will do fine in the future I'm sure.

I don't see anything wrong with commenting on how she looks. If she looks old, then she looks old. My point is that there have been comments made that Ashton is leaving her just because she looks old now, like women have expiration dates.

He may be leaving her because of her looks, but Ashton doesn't seem the loyal sort anyway...to anyone. If he leaves her because she's "old", he's in for a real treat when he marries again, someone his age or so, and then wait a while and BOOM...sag/grey hair appears. Age happens.

Ashton could marry someone the age of Demi's daughters or even her granddaughters. He is the type of man that will look young forever I think. Men do have it much better when it comes to aging. It's just a cold hard fact of life.

He will probably be like Michael Douglas when he is very old and have the young arm candy forever.

I have a friend in his mid-60's. He is divorced now. In the past couple of years he has had women all over him trying to offer their bodies up. One was age 24 and there was one in her late 20's. I sort of doubt that is happening to his ex-wife.

Ashton could marry someone the age of Demi's daughters or even her granddaughters. He is the type of man that will look young forever I think. Men do have it much better when it comes to aging. It's just a cold hard fact of life.

He will probably be like Michael Douglas when he is very old and have the young arm candy forever.

I have a friend in his mid-60's. He is divorced now. In the past couple of years he has had women all over him trying to offer their bodies up. One was age 24 and there was one in her late 20's. I sort of doubt that is happening to his ex-wife.

The thing is, I think young women often do this because of the money or power aspect..having someone who has the money rather than someone who is still struggling to make a go of things. Also, there is often something in their childhood experiences that are negative, which results in them going after father-figures. I think in a great many cases, this has less to do with love and more to do with the internal emotional struggles on both sides..the younger woman wants a protector and someone established with money...the older man wants to feel like he is the envy of all his peers bagging the young chick.

Very few celebrities, young or old, look good first thing in the morning.

Very few regular people do either!

I'm with greywolf ... I actually find it a little shocking that people are saying that an 8-year or so relationship is ending because of Demi Moore's wrinkles. Hollywood or not, I still think that there must be a little more glue than looks to an 8-year relationship. If they really have separated, I'm sure it's over reasons much more complex than her "turkey neck" (and if I looked like her NOW, and I'm just shy of 24, I'd be happy!)

She is good looking and he is too. I don't think age has anything to do with it and I certainly don't think it's right to make fun of her (or anyone's) neck or wrinkles etc. Looking back on those twitter pictures posted in this thread, I really don't see anything wrong with her neck. People just love to make fun of others and celebrities are such easy targets. I'd love to see pictures of people mocking her and their necks.

If they are splitting, there is probably more to it than youth.

Archived