Ashton&Demi... split???? possible age gap related..

22n32

And no, I don't think "most" guys just have them just for the sex. If they do, why do we have so many heart broken guys come here after BUs?

Some of us heart-broken guys become the guys that just want sex.

That said, I don't think that men that come to relationship advice forums are going to be an accurate representation of the general population. Walk up to ten guys on the street and ask them if they'd ever consider going online to talk about their "feelings." Just by being here, we're showing that we have (or had) more emotional range than most.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you serious, Blue spiral?

The only reason most guys want a girlfriend is so that they receive regular sex?

Is that a fact?? Uh-huh? Presumably because men are strong and have no need for companionship, emotional care and sharing their lives with a significant other. No matter what the medical establishment says about these psychological benefits adding years to the married man's life.

Yep - all just a big hoax. In fact you get the same health benefits if you jump on top of a hooker twice a week.

The thing is, I think young women often do this because of the money or power aspect..having someone who has the money rather than someone who is still struggling to make a go of things. Also, there is often something in their childhood experiences that are negative, which results in them going after father-figures. I think in a great many cases, this has less to do with love and more to do with the internal emotional struggles on both sides..the younger woman wants a protector and someone established with money...the older man wants to feel like he is the envy of all his peers bagging the young chick.

This particular man was very much Mr. Money Bags. And the sad thing now is he has NO job and has lost almost everything. I'm sure things will change for him now. He won't look quite as interesting sitting in an apartment by himself and in debt to the IRS. He knows now how much he has lost and why he lost it. If he could do life over again, he would have resisted the young girls I think. Too bad though, it's too late for him now.

She is good looking and he is too. I don't think age has anything to do with it and I certainly don't think it's right to make fun of her (or anyone's) neck or wrinkles etc. Looking back on those twitter pictures posted in this thread, I really don't see anything wrong with her neck. People just love to make fun of others and celebrities are such easy targets. I'd love to see pictures of people mocking her and their necks.

If they are splitting, there is probably more to it than youth.

She is asking for this, posting unflattering photos of herself in bed and in her bathroom undressed. Demi is acting very foolish and really baiting people to insult her on Twitter. She needs to stop it, but that's her life. I made a joke about a comment on Twitter. Her neck is the topic there.

I agree with this. My mom a "turkey neck" as she calls it and I like to poke fun. I don't really mean to say that Demi is "ugly" and that's why Ashton is leaving her. She's not. And heck, I'm going to get old and I'll have a turkey neck someday (If my mom had one, who's to say that I won't?) so I may as well laugh about it now. In fact, I thiink everyone should. We're all going to get there.

Gobble Gobble

In the case of this particular couple, I think Demi is making such a donkey of herself...THAT is more likely the problem than the age factor. If she would just quit posting her silly Tweets and going around nude in public, she would be much more interesting to Ashton I think. I really believe he is embarrassed that his 48 year old wife is acting worse than most teenagers. I have young relatives and not a one of them would pull this stuff.

Some of us heart-broken guys become the guys that just want sex.

That said, I don't think that men that come to relationship advice forums are going to be an accurate representation of the general population. Walk up to ten guys on the street and ask them if they'd ever consider going online to talk about their "feelings." Just by being here, we're showing that we have (or had) more emotional range than most.

I disagree. I think many people here may not admit to people IRL that they go online to talk about their feelings. It's a private thing. I don't think using an online forum like this one means that you have more emotion than others. Some guys deal with emotion in different ways....talking to others, mulling it over inside, just talking to their SO, whatever.

Sorry to hear that you are/were heart broken but it makes sense now. Very few people are, from the beginning, walled off and unwilling to connect with others. Usually, it's some sort of "damage" that makes people get that way, to feel that they must wall themselves off. I guess this is what happened to you.

She is asking for this, posting unflattering photos of herself in bed and in her bathroom undressed. Demi is acting very foolish and really baiting people to insult her on Twitter. She needs to stop it, but that's her life. I made a joke about a comment on Twitter. Her neck is the topic there.

I agree. I think she needs to show some more discretion to what photos that she chooses to put up. Practically no one looks good just waking up in the morning. If you put it on the net, well, people are gonna say stuff.

I disagree. Just because she posted a picture that some people think isn't so nice does not mean she should be ridiculed. Are people now supposed to only post pictures with make up and nice dresses in fear of being judged by some people who are probably worse of than they are but act tough behind a computer? I don't think so. I checked that "undressed picture" and the only thing that could be seen is her back and shoulder. We see the same amount of flesh at red carpet events with women wearing backless dresses.

All those people that judge Demi or anyone else for that matter with morning pictures, wrinkles or whatever need to take a better look at themselves.

I disagree. Just because she posted a picture that some people think isn't so nice does not mean she should be ridiculed. Are people now supposed to only post pictures with make up and nice dresses in fear of being judged by some people who are probably worse of than they are but act tough behind a computer? I don't think so. I checked that "undressed picture" and the only thing that could be seen is her back and shoulder. We see the same amount of flesh at red carpet events with women wearing backless dresses.

All those people that judge Demi or anyone else for that matter with morning pictures, wrinkles or whatever need to take a better look at themselves.

I think the point is that Demi, for whatever reason, is desperately trying to get attention from the masses. From what I remember from her younger years, she was always an attention seeker. Her relationship with Ashton Kutcher was more of the same kind of attention-seeking behaviour. What has Demi Moore really done in the last 10 years..any really awe-inspiring work? Just like the Kardashians, she is basically famous for having a good body and for being a celebrity.

I think the point is that Demi, for whatever reason, is desperately trying to get attention from the masses. From what I remember from her younger years, she was always an attention seeker. Her relationship with Ashton Kutcher was more of the same kind of attention-seeking behaviour. What has Demi Moore really done in the last 10 years..any really awe-inspiring work? Just like the Kardashians, she is basically famous for having a good body and for being a celebrity.

So because she likes attention (opinion of people that don't know her) she deserves to be ridiculed? Lousy reasons. I don't see her relationship with Ashton as attention seeking, I'm sure there was more to the marriage than attention, and unless people know them personally to know whether it was all just for attention, its all speculation and opinions.

What have the people that put her down done? She is doing her job, breaks here and there but she can afford to not work, I wonder if those putting her down can. Every movie doesn't have to be amazing, and she has a large fan base because of her past, nothing wrong with that. She isn't famous just because or just for the way she looksm there is history there.

I agree with you. At the end of the day, famous actors and musicians are just people, trying to make a living. yes, they are in the spotlight and some of them are wealthy, but they are normal people as well. no one looks as good first thing in the morning or without makeup. some people are more careful about their public image than others. i understand that, it's their right. personally, i don't think she looks bad anywhere, i think she is a gorgeous woman!!

Are you serious, Blue spiral? Is that a fact?? Uh-huh? Presumably because men are strong and have no need for companionship, emotional care and sharing their lives with a significant other.

I am indeed serious, and I think that some of us, out of necessity, have adapted to where we can survive without a significant other. Men and women alike. That said, I think women want companionship more than men, as men seem to be more generally antisocial.

I am indeed serious, and I think that some of us, out of necessity, have adapted to where we can survive without a significant other. Men and women alike. That said, I think women want companionship more than men, as men seem to be more generally antisocial.

My husband must be weird for a man then. He won't go to the store without me riding along. If I have a nightgown on, he begs me to go with him. No matter how horrid I look he MUST have me in the car with him if he goes to buy a watermelon.

So you are just in it for the sex? I think you may possibly change as you age. My husband was more like you about 20 years ago.

I'm finding that's not true. If it were, then why is it that statistically, men in their old age who lose their female mates first tend to die off in the 8 or so upcoming years, compared to females who are widowed? Why is that?

Like Miss Firecracker and her husband, my boyfriend and I have done a LOT together, just mundane things. Even before we were together as a couple (so no sex even) I was getting over a BU and would go grocery shopping and he'd come with me and just keep me company. We've made food together, drank together, watch movies together, walk together. When he and I both used to smoke, we'd do that together too. All sans sex. Now we are together and have sex but there are times when we can't have and he still wants to just be my side. If he is looking for sex, then why?

I am not disputing the fact that she shouldn't be ridiculed simply because of her age and looking rough. I don't agree with people trashing her in that way either. My issue is that she is posting such pictures of herself in the first place...posting all kinds of pictures of herself, naked, half naked, boobs 3/4 out of her bikini etc...typical trashy Hollywood woman stuff like the Kardashians etc. She is not acting her age, she is acting like the Kardashian and Paris Hilton bimbos. There are indeed some very classy women in Hollywood who don't feel the need for this kind of in your face, bimbo-like attention.

I am not disputing the fact that she shouldn't be ridiculed simply because of her age and looking rough. I don't agree with people trashing her in that way either. My issue is that she is posting such pictures of herself in the first place...posting all kinds of pictures of herself, naked, half naked, boobs 3/4 out of her bikini etc...typical trashy Hollywood woman stuff like the Kardashians etc. She is not acting her age, she is acting like the Kardashian and Paris Hilton bimbos. There are indeed some very classy women in Hollywood who don't feel the need for this kind of in your face, bimbo-like attention.

Who you might consider to be "bimbos" are probably not bimbos for everyone. I find it quite judgmental (highly offensive and a few other things) to insult these people by calling them bimbos without actually giving them an option to defend themselves or dish it back to you personally. Unless you know these people personally, it's actually really rude to use such derogatory words to describe someone.

Women are told to embrace their bodies, be modern, be feminine, free, and when they are they are insulted by users behind a computer. I'd really love to see all these morally-high people face the stars, live their lives and tell them what they think of them, to their face. I think the loser in the end would not be a celebrity.

Seems that unless a woman is covered head to toe she has a right to be judged and ridiculed or called a bimbo, of course by people behind a computer. Nice.

I don't think that is a 'just woken up' picture, she has false eyelashes on and what looks like eyeshadow? And the hair? Mine takes hours to tame! i think the photo was meant to look serene but makes her look a bit of a barking crazypants.

Ashton is a good looking young guy, he must have young starlets tripping over themselves to be with him. I'm not saying all men would take the bait but 'some' would. I think this is less about demi and more about his trousersnake brains.

I'd really love to see all these morally-high people face the stars, live their lives and tell them what they think of them, to their face. I think the loser in the end would not be a celebrity.

People that are truly comfortable in their own skin and happy with their lives don't have a need to put anyone down, even celebrities.

These are comments that seem to be designed to attack posters on here whose opinioins differ from yours..and is really not much different than the behaviour you are accusing the posters of doing when making their feelings known about celebrities who are clambering for attention and who will do anything to get it. It is also insulting people while hiding behind a computer. The posters here are simply stating their opinion. While you claim we are making judgements about celebrities actions without knowing them...so too are you making judgements about the posters without actually knowing them. It is fine to have a differing opinion from others..but not to lash out at them because their opinion differs.

Regarding those who put down others...sure there are some people who put down others for no reason at all, simply because they are envious or whatever...but there are certainly many cases where a person's consistent behaviour leads to many people losing respect for that person. Many of these celebrities crave attention and do anything to get it...it is how they market themselves in order to stay in the limelight...which is why many of the poptarts (pop singers) look and act like prostitutes on the stage and in their videos. It sells to an audience who is eager to see that kind of thing...but not everyone respects singers who act like that. I do not feel at all sorry for these women, and I am sure they couldn't care less about my opinion even if I said it to their face, because they are the ones laughing all the way to the bank on the backs of people who take them seriously. I am sure many of these celebrities are actually laughing at their worshipping public thinking "gee, all I have to do is bare my body and these people will be giving me tons of attention...these people really need a life!".

Archived