Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Aw, ya'll are making me blush.

We just ordered the tickets for Fright Fest. Woohoo!! We have season passes but the haunted houses are $20 extra. I've never rode a roller coaster in the dark before!

That sounds like so much fun!! I've ridden roller coasters in the dark at Disneyland before, and that was a LOT of fun. I bet it will be even more fun because it's Halloween time. Have a great time!

That sounds like so much fun!! I've ridden roller coasters in the dark at Disneyland before, and that was a LOT of fun. I bet it will be even more fun because it's Halloween time. Have a great time!

The best part is my cousin (uncle and aunt's kid) has NO idea we are going. Not at all. His 11 year old mind is going to flip because we aren't telling him until we pull into the park. Today we started laying the ground work for a reason why we were driving some were so far away. We told him I still had a few things at the apartment (I don't) and we have to go pick them up. So that will by us the first 2 hours of the trip and hopefully he won't notice the extra 1.5 hours after that, haha

My aunt and I are so giddy about Six Flags tomorrow. We have been walking around all day giggling to ourselves like kids, haha

And it looks like my divorce party finally has a set date. I have been hearing whispers about some of the things my pseudo family are planning. Some of them make me smile, others make me wander how in the world those things are even going to be made!

This family def. knows how to throw a party. Apparently the family member who does cakes is making a special cake - from what I know it's the same cake that she was going to do for L's birthday, but different. And apparently my uncle has requested special wording on the cake which I'm not allowed to know.

I think I am. It's a fresh start and I'm in no hurry to be in a relationship right now. A woman has needs though so won't be ignoring them. And whenever a memory does come it's just that - a memory of a man that no longer exists. Or never did. But that's not my cross to bear - that's his.

Six Flags was a BLAST!!

Atlanta traffic on the way down was horrendous though. Good God. We were in that crap for 1.5 hours. And the layout of Six Flags at night with fog machines makes it one very dangerous place to walk. I can't tell you the amount of poles this klutz almost ran into because I just couldn't see them through the fog! We did almost all of the haunted things though. They obviously aren't 'scary' but in one of them I thought my aunt was going to wear me like a second skin! And we discovered that even when being chased with a chainsaw, this big girl does not run. She simply just cowers in the corner, hahaha. We rode Batman which at night is awesome! My aunt and I both ended up with a headache - no lights and straining my eyes (because brillant here left her glasses in the car) and teeny boppers screaming all over the place - so I dozed most of the trip home.

We got back home a little before 2 AM thanks to my aunt's driving mostly, hahaha. I'm now surrounded by my furbabies while I stay up a few more hours since I have to work third tonight.

I had a pretty amazing moment tonight while sat on the back porch working on my novel.

I took a small break and went to the railing to just look out over the backyard. I happened to look up and it's a clear night and you can clearly see the stars twinkling above. And it came to me - the memory. It was from our honeymoon. We were stood on the beach at night and he had wrapped his arms around me and was pointing out the stars and planets to me. It was one of the memories that kept me going when we were 4,000 miles apart. In the days and week proceeding L dropping this bomb on me that memory haunted me more than any other. I don't know why that memory stuck with me more than any of the others over the course of our 4 years, but it did. And in the first couple of days it hurt like Hell to remember it.

But tonight it was just that - a memory. A memory of a man that no longer exists. Or never did. There was no pain with the memory, no sadness... it was just another image of my life. And then I realised something. I may be a questioning a lot - if he ever did love me, my own judgment - but the one thing I believe in above anything else is karma. You can't treat someone the way he has treated me during this process and it not come back on you ten fold.

Karma is a vicious mistress. And it just solidified what I've known for the last few weeks - I'm going to be just fine.

I love how as a fur-mommy I can't go to the bathroom in peace. Luna will scratch a few times and gets bored, Jasper will meow outside the door, and Shadowfax will just scratch until I let her in. No lie. And she has this adorable little throat noise she does. She use to only do it when playing with the laser pointer but she makes it all the time now. I can't believe she'll be a year old in just 3 months!

I can't say I'm a believer in karma because lots of bad people get away with their crimes all the time. And good people have to suffer too. but I think you'll still be better off because you are so young, and you can still have tons of time to meet someone new, fall in love, have babies. like i told you, my cousin married a guy (a foreigner), and less than a year later, he stole $10,000 of her money and they divorced when she found him emotionally cheating on her. I don't know what ever happened to that guy, or even what country he's living in now, but now she's happy and married with 3 kids. They've been together for over a decade now.

Work was sooooo long tonight. I'm glad to be off tomorrow though.

I was waiting for the shower to warm up tonight and Shadowfax, of course, was in the bathroom with me. She stood up to look over the edge of the tub and I thought 'surely you aren't going to jump in with the water running.' And then she did. No way was I sticking my hands in THAT claw infested nest! After a few seconds of not being able to get back out she stood there under the stream of water and looked up at me meowing as if to say 'Human, I need your assistance'. I managed to get her out without getting clawed and then towel dried the poor baby off. I don't think she'll be wanting to join me in the bathroom for showers any time soon, haha

I am now curled up on the sofa with a book while my aunt watches The Walking Dead.

It's the second time she has fallen into some form of body of water, hahah.

She seems to be okay though. I let her out of the bathroom after drying her off and Jasper was stood there looking at her like 'I told you the water was evil!' He hears a faucet running and he freaks out. There's a reason he hasn't had a bath in 4 years....

I am so excited to be driving down in a few weeks to help Hers celebrate her birthday!! My mom is already freaking out too, haha. 'Haven't you seen enough Disappeared? You better call me every hour on the hour.' Yes woman, I have seen Disappeared. Like when I told her over the phone I could instantly hear the freaking out from 2 hours away. I love her but Christ.

My aunt and I had one of our weekly talks tonight over a few glasses of wine. At one point she looked at me and started to cry a little. She said she couldn't put into words how proud of me she is in how I have handled this whole situation, how a lesser woman would have curled up and just wallowed in it but I straightened my back and have refused to let it control my life. It was really touching and reminded me that while I might be strong, I have an amazing group of family and friends to be my backbone.

Archived