Open Club  ·  96 members  ·  Free

Journals

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do you guys ever just get lightning storms where the sky lights up with lightning bolts, the air is humid and heavy, but no rain for a while? I remember when I lived in WI, standing in the parking lot of my apt building during a summer's night, looking up at the sky and seeing the lightning streak accross the sky and hearing the crash of thunder.

Good for you for having supportive friends.

We do occasionally. It's not as common as the torrential downpours are though.

I was just waiting for that post where you said you started working on your novel again Reading your blog, you are a REALLY good writer, and I’m glad you’re back at it.

Aw, thank you Sherry.

It really is the way I deal with immense life changes. The entire story came about as the result of my parents divorce - a typical child's way of dealing with it, I retreated into another world to get away from what was happening in real life. Only I was able to create an entire world were I had control over what happens and it developed into something I wanted to write about. My uncle said last night he wasn't one bit surprised to walk into the living room and see everything scattered around me with me just typing away.

Karaoke was a BLAST!!

I actually got up and did a few songs (with the family friend, no way could I have done that on my own!) I had so much fun. I actually had one guy ask me for my number but I politely declined to give it to him. Unlike some, I don't hop from one relationship to another. He was pretty cute though - a Scotsman. I could barely understand a word he said, haha

I got home and my uncle and I had one of our weekly chats on the back porch. I couldn't imagine going through this without him. I respect this man so much and through everything I go through in life I know I can count on him to be my anchor, the one thing that never changes.

Yay!! What songs did you do??

My first karaoke song was "shoop" by salt n pepa. I pretty much knew all the words but was shaking and so nervous that I had to look at the screen the whole time haha. But i quickly fell in love with it.

My one rule on karaoke is you have to do fun songs! Nothing slow and depressing. I'm a big fan of singing anything by Bloodhound Gang on karaoke. It always gets applause! Haha

It def. felt like a washing away.

A friend told me a rumor going around the old work place that they plan on getting married after our divorce is finalized. All I could think was, 'wow, I really dodged a bullet with this guy!'

What????? Because rushing into a marriage with someone else will definitely make it work out this time!!!

For some reason, my karaoke go-to’s are country songs (don’t listen to country at all!) My all time favourite group karaoke song is Friends in Low Places, my pairs song is Picture (Kid Rock and Sheryl Crow) and my solo go-to is 9-5 by Dolly Parton. I have THE worst taste in music but it’s so fun!

I am so glad you have such a wonderful uncle to lean on. It sounds like they think of you as a daughter

The 500 miles song is Jared's and my song. We always do that one together and we even played it at our wedding whenever we were pronounced husband and wife. I love it!

It always makes me think of the road trip from HIMYM

For some reason, my karaoke go-to’s are country songs (don’t listen to country at all!) My all time favourite group karaoke song is Friends in Low Places, my pairs song is Picture (Kid Rock and Sheryl Crow) and my solo go-to is 9-5 by Dolly Parton. I have THE worst taste in music but it’s so fun!

I am so glad you have such a wonderful uncle to lean on. It sounds like they think of you as a daughter

I grew up with most of those songs.

They do. My aunt said the night she came and got me that I was more than just a friend to her, that she viewed me as a daughter. She had this entire speech planned out to give to him and then he hid in one of the bedrooms.

Very productive day!

My uncle and I finished up the laundry room floor today. Lots of hammering gave OG a headache. Blah. When my aunt got back home from her weekend in Charleston we went for has become my daily walk - a mile and a half. Whew! We even took the dogs with us. I stood on the scale again today and down another 2 pounds.

The kitties are finally starting to fully explore their new home. Shadowfax has gotten HUGE, I can't believe my baby girl is 8 months old this month. She's no tiny kitty anymore. Her crazy side has calmed down since the move, she's super loving now. Most nights I fall asleep to her asleep on my chest or on my side (if I'm on my side). And most mornings I wake up to a face full of her fluffy hair, haha. Jasper has explored the most of any of them - and had the most encounters with the dogs. I think he lost a little weight with the uprooting but he'd doing better now. Luna is my girl who hides the most but she loves the windowsill in my bedroom, she lays there for hours and sunbaths.

He just didn't want to hear the truth. Coward.

Sent from Tapatalk

Coward and an idiot. If he had just stayed married another year (or however long) to get the 10 year visa... Now the clock starts over for him if he wants to stay here. Even if he broke up with OG because he didn't want to lead her on and that the marriage wasn't working anymore, he could have made a genuine effort to try to rekindle the relationship, go to therapy, whatever during the final year. His decision, to divorce now, I think, was the stupidest all around.

Anyway.... glad you have your family and your cute fuzzy kitties!!

Coward and an idiot. If he had just stayed married another year (or however long) to get the 10 year visa... Now the clock starts over for him if he wants to stay here. Even if he broke up with OG because he didn't want to lead her on and that the marriage wasn't working anymore, he could have made a genuine effort to try to rekindle the relationship, go to therapy, whatever during the final year. His decision, to divorce now, I think, was the stupidest all around.

Anyway.... glad you have your family and your cute fuzzy kitties!!

I think, as you and I have talked about before Annie, that I've come to the realization he just never truly loved me. I was just simply a 'filler' for when his real type came along - someone older, someone he worked with - which perfectly describes his ex, the one that brought him to ENA. Which is fine, that's his issue to deal with.

You haven't done karoke until you've done songs from the move Grease. I used to do "you're the one I want" and "summer lovin". Nothing gets a crowd going than those two songs. I used to have such a blast, of course after I had a pitcher of beer for liquid courage. lol

Well now I'm going to have to do those songs next time we go, hahaha

I did 3 laps around the cemetery - I am one sweaty big girl! I really should download an app so I can monitor how long that lap really is.

I think, as you and I have talked about before Annie, that I've come to the realization he just never truly loved me. I was just simply a 'filler' for when his real type came along - someone older, someone he worked with - which perfectly describes his ex, the one that brought him to ENA. Which is fine, that's his issue to deal with.

I don't think it's that. I just think he's all around made poor choices. If he wanted an older woman, he could have found one in England with far less effort. If he wanted an American green card, he should have stuck it out with you longer to get it - what just one more year...? If he loved you but fell out of love, he should have tried harder to make it work. If the complaint was that "all you guys talked about was work" - then he goes off and meets another woman from work - i mean, that's just dumb. What are they going to talk about at the end of the day? WORK.

Whatever. It's his life, his poor choices to make. I'm just sorry you got sucked into all this. Thank goodness you didn't have children together.

Well, technically he HAS a green card, he just has to remove the two year conditions on it in May next year. And we don't have to be married for him to do that. But at the end of the day, if you loved someone, you wouldn't have made the choices he did. Even if you 'fell out of love with them' as quickly as he did. With the speed at which everything happened I'm content with calling it I was a filler until the right woman came along.

And yes, very thankful we never had any children together.

Archived