Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My clinic is always hiring. Just saying.

hahaha, that option is always open!

I have to say, the cats and dogs are getting along! We started out with the dogs barking every time they saw to the cats to now the two dogs are sat in the living room and Jasper is lying in the living room floor. The one dog gets up occasionally and does a low growl but no fur flying! We have had a few fur flying moments - such as the morning Jasper was under my blanket and the one dog stuck his head under and Jasper freaked the F out. But it's looking good!

You are killing it, OG. I'm just so impressed with how you have pushed forward.

Thank you Jenny.

As I said before, my gut instinct knew from that first day there was someone else, so there wasn't that shock when I had it confirmed. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the night I left she came over and all his tears were just an act. It is what it is. I can hold my head high knowing I acted with honor and respect during our marriage. Maybe he never did love me - that's for him to know though.

Thank you Jenny.

I can hold my head high knowing I acted with honor and respect during our marriage.

I think this is SO important. The other night I went to this lecture at a college near me, and his topic was ‘decisions’ and how you can break your life down into the decisions you make- thousands and thousands of them, every single day. They add up, and make you into who you are.

Your decisions have been so honorable- remove yourself from an untenable situation, seek solace with people who care about you, continue taking care of pets that depend on you, find immediate employment (even if it isn’t the most desirable), seek legal counsel to ensure your welfare is protected, begin searching out a better job situation. Really- I can’t say it enough- you are amazing.

Compare it to the decisions that L made to get him to this spot- it’s like one shady, dishonorable thing after another.

So, the product of all this is that you get to look at yourself in the mirror and think- yeah- I’ve had some bad things thrown my way, but I’m still an awesome, honorable person.

L.--- To have made all these poor, selfish decisions, one after the other after the other – there is no way he looks in the mirror and sees anything other than the d-bag he is.

I helped my uncle rip up the laundry room floor today. Lord that worked up a sweat! It felt pretty damn good to take a hammer to some floor as well.

After we finished that little project I went out for my daily walk. It started to rain when I was about half way through it - and I mean POUR - but it felt so damn good. There's nothing like walking in a downpour with Queen blasting in your ears. By the time I made it back to the house it had stopped so I did another loop.

I helped my uncle rip up the laundry room floor today. Lord that worked up a sweat! It felt pretty damn good to take a hammer to some floor as well.

After we finished that little project I went out for my daily walk. It started to rain when I was about half way through it - and I mean POUR - but it felt so damn good. There's nothing like walking in a downpour with Queen blasting in your ears. By the time I made it back to the house it had stopped so I did another loop.

I agree with the others, OG: You're killin' it. You're going to be OK. Much, much better than OK, in fact.

Isn't it great to have projects to do, and walks to take? These little things add so much to life. And, walking in the rain? There's nothing like that. Unfortunately, I live in California, where it has rained exactly ONCE in probably the last 5 months or so, so I may have to wait a bit to have that experience again.

Keep on keepin' on. You're doing GREAT. A year from now, all of this will be a distant memory that you're too busy to even think about because you'll already be living a fantastic new life!

You rock, OG!

Sometimes rain is a symbol of washing away the bad and entering into a new life...

You rock, OG!

Sometimes rain is a symbol of washing away the bad and entering into a new life...

It def. felt like a washing away.

A friend told me a rumor going around the old work place that they plan on getting married after our divorce is finalized. All I could think was, 'wow, I really dodged a bullet with this guy!'

It’s just insecurity-- leaping from one relationship to another. I pity him, actually. I’m GLAD you’re moving on, growing, learning new things, getting healthy again. You can do some much better, truly. Never liked that guy and I’m not just saying that.

How was karaoke?

Also, do you get a lot of thunderstorms there?

Karaoke is tonight

We do get a lot of thunderstorms, it's one of the things I love, love about the South. How it can go from beautiful sunshine to dark clouds and lightening in minutes.

The greatest lesson I've learned from this experience is the meaning of friendship. I can not begin to thank the amount of people who have been there for me - either in just words, lent me a shoulder to cry on, opened their home to me, or financially. Dark times really show you who your true friends are.

And for another positive note, I've started writing on my novel. Like legit writing on it. It may have taken almost 20 years and a divorce but the creative juices are flowing.

Do you guys ever just get lightning storms where the sky lights up with lightning bolts, the air is humid and heavy, but no rain for a while? I remember when I lived in WI, standing in the parking lot of my apt building during a summer's night, looking up at the sky and seeing the lightning streak accross the sky and hearing the crash of thunder.

Good for you for having supportive friends.

Archived