THE NO CONTACT CHALLENGE, Part 2

Day 3

Been a horrible day today. I have been sick this weekend so I have been stuck at home thinking about him and missing him. I am hoping he is every bit as miserable as me right now since we are no longer talking! I ignored a text on Thursday asking me to call him, a text on Friday he sent, and haven't heard anything since then. I hope he realizes what he is giving up. He says I am closer to him than anyone else still, and he can tell me things he can't anyone else - his words from 2 weeks ago - how can you want to give that up? I don't get it.

Day 12 (1 in 24).

Not too bad of a day. Watched football and have been thinking of her. I missed her today, but its okay, because I know there will be days like this. Luckily, this was not too bad of a day, just kind of missed her.

I do hate thinking of the "possibility" of her coming back. But I am getting use to the thoughts and knowing its not going to happen.

Day 2 of my second go around.

Feeling good... Although this time its not really strict NC, so not sure if its necessary to be counting, more just trying to put down in words how I am feeling.

Not really trying to see how long I can go for this time, just keeping away from contact until I either feel I am ready for another attempt at speaking with her, or until she contacts me.

Day 10

I hate this. All i want to do is talk to him, hear from him. It definitely doesnt help that friends have posted pictures of him recently on facebook and he's wearing the necklace i gave him while we were together. Why would you wear something your ex gave you just after you had broken up? He was wearing it the last time i saw him too. It makes it hard because it gives hope in a way.

Day 4

Wow... I'm doing surprisingly well. Helps that she's been off Facebook and I've got a new female email/text buddy.

Thoughts of her are less frequent, but they're still there. And, of course, yesterday she clicked the "like" button on my Facebook status. Kinda makes my heart drop when she does stuff like that. I mean, she wouldn't acknowledge the card or the text I sent her for her birthday, but she "likes" my status? She's weird, man... probably just trying to mess with me.

Day 10

I hate this. All i want to do is talk to him, hear from him. It definitely doesnt help that friends have posted pictures of him recently on facebook and he's wearing the necklace i gave him while we were together. Why would you wear something your ex gave you just after you had broken up? He was wearing it the last time i saw him too. It makes it hard because it gives hope in a way.

the last time i saw my ex (when i walked in on him and his new girl in bed together) was 3 weeks after our break up. He was still wearing the necklace i gave him too. In his case, i dont know if that meant anything other than he just really liked that necklace.

Day 13.

I feel really good today. I feel as if I am letting go finally. The past few days I have been thinking about how I am just better for loving her and learning from my mistakes in this relationship.

Its strange, because I want to tell her thank you for making me understand love better and that I understand why she left. BUT I AM NOT. I know that part of the reason is because I hope that she'll come back and until that part is gone. I cannot contact her.

wow Day 14... Two whole weeks of NC. I can't believe I've made it this for. It feels like it has been MONTHS since I've talked to him.

Last night I had another mini meltdown. I didnt cry, but I kept picturing him smiling in my head and kept asking myself how that person i loved who loved me back could have done what he did to me.

It doesn't help that i only have 2 more weeks left of my college career and I am totally freaking out about that. I have so much work to do including presenting my thesis to the department and i am totally stressed. I just layed in bed awake last night freaking out over everything.

Last night I didnt dream about him. I actually dreamed that I was going on vacation with some random dream guy that i had never seen before. It was weird.

I keep wondering when he's going to contact me. I feel like it's going to be soon for some reason. Some of my stuff was in storage at his grandmothers house and i know he went there on thanksgiving. he said he would give it to one of our mutual friends so i could get it. I wonder if ill receive a text from him about it.

Also, he said he would probably be getting a new phone number in a "couple of weeks" the last time we talked. He told me he wanted to keep the lines of communication open and would text me the number.

None of those texts/contacts will matter though. None of that will mean anything. I have this feeling that he will contact me at some point though... either out of guilt or wanting friendship. Last night I found myself waiting for that day, but today i am feeling better about it.

My horoscope for today said:

"The beauty you see in someone else's romance is an illusion. Don't be jealous. "

I still can't help but wonder what he's doing with the new girl.

Day 5.

Today isn't over yet but so far, I have done pretty good. That and only being awake for an hour.

I dreamed about him all last night. I don't remember much but I remember in one I just couldn't find a place that felt like home (we had lived together) and I woke up with that feeling. Wasn't too good.

All the contact I have had is 2 texts, one on Sat. one on Sun. about a bill that is due Wed. He still has some of myself and me his stuff and no call to exchange them yet. But I will not call. He has a prepaid min. phone.

If he wanted to call he would. He's probably eyeball deep on his xbox live with the girl he has been playing with who I'm pretty sure he has a crush on, even though she lives 9 hours away and he has no car.

NC is so complicated. I didn't start my days over when I texted him bc we had the situation where we lived together and I still need money for his part of the bills. I'm going to keep on counting NC until I call him.

Day 13

Posted earlier about how I am accepting that its over and feel like I am moving on.

Just had a feeling of how much I miss her. I haven't had that for a while. Just actually missing her.

Funny thing is, I know she is still has the same traits that annoy me and I know we can't be together. But still, I miss her.

Its not depressing, and I am not upset, or unable to function. I just miss her.

I really think my heart and mind are finally becoming in tune again. Although I miss her, I actually feel rationale about it.

Day 4 for me

Day 13

Posted earlier about how I am accepting that its over and feel like I am moving on.

Just had a feeling of how much I miss her. I haven't had that for a while. Just actually missing her.

Funny thing is, I know she is still has the same traits that annoy me and I know we can't be together. But still, I miss her.

Its not depressing, and I am not upset, or unable to function. I just miss her.

I really think my heart and mind are finally becoming in tune again. Although I miss her, I actually feel rationale about it.

That's how I feel right now. Hopefully this is just another step in the healing process.

Day 4 for me

That's how I feel right now. Hopefully this is just another step in the healing process.

I hope it is too! I think it is. I think I miss her and am sad about it because I am accepting it is over. And accepting it is over, is part of the letting go and healing process.

At least that is what I tell myself.

Day 9 here...

It hurts like no other. I haven't heard from any of her friends in the last 7 days either. I know she was in our place over the weekend getting more of her stuff out of the house. I'm curious to know how she handled it. Was it difficult for her or was it more of a good ridance feeling.

Still dreaming about her, still crying over the loss and still hoping this isn't really happening.

sooo... some random number called my phone with a local phone number and of course im convinced that it was my ex... though i have nothing really to base that on other than fact that he said he would probably be getting a new number a couple of weeks ago. No one left a message though... it was probably just a wrong number. im debating whether or not i should call back and find out who it was. but i dont want to break nc even if it was my ex so theres no point.

Broke NC!!!! Shoot I am upset with myself.

I was going back and further about it today. Sent her an email. Basically a "what if" and thank you email. Still regretted the second after I pressed send. Ugh!!!!

It wasn't I miss her email or nothing of that nature. It basically said thank you for showing me what love really is; I realized I was stuck in a rut. My business has now turned a little bit successful, so now the stress that I had is gone. I realized I had changed and wasn't the person she feel in love with. I feel the weight of the business/debt off my shoulders. And I wish she was here to share the "fruit of my labor" with because she was here when things were bad and because I cared for her. I understand that she left because of financial stability, relationship became boring, and that I changed because of the stress I was under. I told her I understand that she is off to bigger and better things, that she deserves it and that I respect her decision.

I am so upset at myself for volunteering my thoughts to her. She has no right anymore to know what it is I am thinking about. Ugh. Back to day 1. At least it was 2 in 24. I will look at it that way. Plus, I start day 1 on Dec. 1. so if I can make it this time. to day 30. It will be a new year!!!!! Also, have to look at the positive.

sooo... some random number called my phone with a local phone number and of course im convinced that it was my ex... though i have nothing really to base that on other than fact that he said he would probably be getting a new number a couple of weeks ago. No one left a message though... it was probably just a wrong number. im debating whether or not i should call back and find out who it was. but i dont want to break nc even if it was my ex so theres no point.

google it to see if you can find out who it was.

Still on day 5.

I must say today I haven't had the urge to call him like I have the other days. I need the money for the bill by Wednesday but I will not call. I'll send one more text (which I am debating about) tomorrow and that will be it. If I don't hear from him I'll have to pay the bill and then the next time he deciedes to contact me, he'll have to owe me the money.

Even though I haven't had the urge to call him today, I have looked at my phone probably every half hour. I'm still expecting a call. I just want to get through one week of NC. Part of me is saying you already have your answer since there has been no call from him and another is saying give it more time...

that is a great goal! you can totally do it

Thanks millk&honey. I just rewrote the email I sent her earlier as I was at work and it probably wasn't at all clear what I was saying. Tomorrow will I will start NC again. This time is for good. I feel good with this last email. It really feels like a closure email on my part. Kind of like a "it's your lost, not mine." Just not in those words. I will PM it to you, so you can tell me what you think from a woman's prospective.