Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Annie's Journal of Dating and Body Hair Removal

annie24

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've applied to about 13 jobs so far.... keep applying and keep waiting....

I was in a lyft yesterday. i got to chatting with the driver. He told me he recently bought a car for his gf but that he was annoyed because she didn't seem appreciative over it and told him he's too nice. I'm like wow. he said he gave her a credit card, bought her a diamond necklace for their 1 month anniversary (they've been together for 4 years now). I said that those are things you buy a wife, not a gf!! I asked if he wants to marry her, he quickly said no. He said he's young (mid 20s, and she's about 20 years old). He doesn't want to marry her and just now sees how toxic the relationship is. He said he's moving away soon - just wants to live in a new city for a while and is going to break it off then. so... wow. craziness. I told him about my friend Carol, she went on a date with a guy not that long ago. He took her to dinner for a first date, but she wasn't too hungry that night and had a side salad and a soda, and he paid for it, but then he got really angry at her when she didn't want to have sex with him that night. I mean.... talk about extremes!! I told the driver there's good women out there who will be appreciative and will only want you to buy them a side salad and walk them home! sigh. On the plus side, he's young. Hopefully he breaks this off soon and meets someone new when he's ready.

OMG. I just got an email from a guy who said, "I saw your ad, can I have a pic?" (The email was in my native language.) I wrote back in English, "Who are you and how did you get this email?" He sent me a screen shot of a few ads on a Craigslist-type site in my "native" country (I say native because my parents are born there, but I was born in the US but still speak the language).

The ad basically read: "Sexy, 35, 340 pounds, DDD breasts, looking for discreet fun at your place." Then she listed her phone number and MY EMAIL!!!! jeez.

I wrote that guy back and said, "sorry that is not me, this idiot woman does not know her own email address."

I searched her phone number and found her email and phone number. She sometimes uses my email address but with a few more numbers at the end. Similar types of ads on sex sites. BTW, she charges 30 euros for oral or sex, 60 for anal.

I just wrote her and told her to knock it off and stop using my email address. I wrote in both english and my native language. ugh.

She didn't reply!! I also sent text messages to the 2 phone numbers listed. No reply to those either. Nothing bounced so I'm assuming someone got them? I also emailed the 3 guys so far who replied to the ad and told them to call her and tell her to fix the email address on the ad.

You should send those guys some psychologically scarring pics back (zits being popped? something from your lab?). Zings them for trolling craigslist (sorry, I think it's nasty) and you might hurt her business enough that she actually learns her own email address.

Absolutely love this idea.

New email tonight. This one from presumably a college or technical school lecture and she emailed the lecture notes and slides to the class. I am obviously not enrolled in this class. Maybe she is working her way towards a degree. Good for her. I emailed the professor and told her to please let other "Annie24" know that she is using my email address and to please correct it.

Omg, Sophie, I saw one yesterday of a zit/cyst IN SOMEONE'S EYE. In the white part. After watching it, I was like "what am I doing with my life?"

That can't be a zit though because that's an infection of the sebaceous gland. Maybe some kind of eyeball cyst? That is really weird.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't have many updates in the dating world. Some guys writing to me, mostly I'm uninterested. One guy wrote to me today, seems interesting, so I wrote him back. I'm still applying for jobs, have had a phone screen and subsequent rejection (which is fine - they were looking for someone to start almost immediately and I told them I have to give my boss a month's notice according to my contract).

The main thing that I'm very surprised at these days is that I broke a red glass plate of mine about 3 months ago, and I am still finding shards of it in the kitchen! Mind you, I clean/sweep/vacuum my kitchen at least once a week, and right after it happened, I cleaned up pretty much all of it. I don't understand how one simple dinner plate like that breaks into so many pieces that I'm still finding it 3 months later!! Every time I think I saw the last of it, I find another piece while sweeping.

I don't have many updates in the dating world. Some guys writing to me, mostly I'm uninterested. One guy wrote to me today, seems interesting, so I wrote him back. I'm still applying for jobs, have had a phone screen and subsequent rejection (which is fine - they were looking for someone to start almost immediately and I told them I have to give my boss a month's notice according to my contract).

The main thing that I'm very surprised at these days is that I broke a red glass plate of mine about 3 months ago, and I am still finding shards of it in the kitchen! Mind you, I clean/sweep/vacuum my kitchen at least once a week, and right after it happened, I cleaned up pretty much all of it. I don't understand how one simple dinner plate like that breaks into so many pieces that I'm still finding it 3 months later!! Every time I think I saw the last of it, I find another piece while sweeping.

Happens here too and my husband is awesome at finding shards of glass. Still.....

I'm just having a little pity party for myself tonight. So, there was an office christmas party at work today, but I wasn't invited to it. There was one big one for the whole department today at lunch (which I attended), and then a few labs (maybe 30-40 people tonight) organized a going out dinner tonight. I heard of it through the grapevine, but never got a formal invitation/email/notice for headcount, etc... The first year I worked here, I wasn't invited. The second year, my boss invited me. The third year (this year), i didn't get an invitation. A few people on the floor I work with had mentioned in passing it seemed a bit hasitily thrown together and that the big bosses in charge had announced it at their weekly meeting on X topic that there would be a party and they would send out more details soon. I am not working on X topic, thus I never attend that meeting. Details to me never arrived, so I just figured I wasn't invited. I made plans to go to an event with Carol tonight instead then. So this afternoon, a prof asks me in front of my boss if I was going to the party tonight, I said no, had plans. An hour later, I was at the lab bench when one of the big bosses came by and asked if I was going. I said no, I never got an invitation. He looked shocked and kind of sad and said, "well, come along!" I said, "well, I already made plans for tonight." 5 minutes later, a woman I work closely with (from Big Boss's lab) was like, "Are you coming?" (I guess she didn't hear the conversation). sigh.

So, not really sure what happened - if someone (my boss or an admin assistant or whoever) just either forgot or didn't bother to send me an invite? I didn't want to assume I was invited and just show up. Obviously, once big boss said I should go, then I could have gone, but already made plans with Carol and purchased tickets for a show. My own boss took me and a few others out to dinner last week so certainly I can't say I haven't had any invites to parties this week.

So Carol asked me what ever happened to hot gym guy? I told her that I haven't seen him since he told me he lost his job/quit/got fired. So, I dunno if he moved or what's going on (or he's just going to the gym so early in the morning I am never seeing him??) Carol said that any guy I like loses his job, and that she has an annoying coworker and if I can fixate my romantic energies on them, that would work out well for her.

Archived