Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Annie's Journal of Dating and Body Hair Removal

annie24

OMG! That's horrible, your poor dad, Lum. I would have given them an earful lol.

It's funny how some episodes come back to us. I was never a dedicated SATC fan, I'd watch it when it was on TV and liked the fashion aspects of it, but I think I can still name at least two of Carrie's boyfriends. My favorite was Charlotte, her monster in-law was just so bad lol.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OMG! That's horrible, your poor dad, Lum. I would have given them an earful lol.

It's funny how some episodes come back to us. I was never a dedicated SATC fan, I'd watch it when it was on TV and liked the fashion aspects of it, but I think I can still name at least two of Carrie's boyfriends. My favorite was Charlotte, her monster in-law was just so bad lol.

Yeah I felt bad for him - he was almost 90 by then so the clubs were probably close to antiques by then. He just didn't think, and he really just went up the driveway and back. Someone probably thought they were discards because it was trash day.

I hadn't been an SITC fan either but have seen some of the reruns - and that episode did stick with me, especially when Annie was talking about her poor plant that is likely adorning someone else's apartment now. (Hope it dies, Annie. Or better yet, hope it brings a bug infestation into their apartment...)

Oh no!! golf clubs!! Yeah, if you leave ANYTHING on the street, they think you're throwing it out.

Good news - Package was downstairs in my mail room after all!! The FedEx driver called me this morning and insisted he put it in our mail room next to the front desk. The lady behind the desk said it was there! So, the other front desk woman yesterday must have not seen it. Whew! I called FedEx and ProFlowers to let them know that the order was delivered so I didn't need a replacement.

Glad your flowers were delivered ok.

Very true about leaving stuff on the street. Where I live, people will leave stuff on the street out with their garbage (on trash day) because they know that there will always be someone who wants what they are throwing out (not the garbage). Even in the good areas, there are people who drive around in the middle of the night, or early morning, to see if there is anything left on the sidewalk that is of use to them.

Hope you are able to find shoes that will work for you.

I had a nice weekend - went to a happy hour, spent some time with Carol and Brenda (who recently moved back!!). Yesterday I went to a friend's board game party, and today i went to the gym, then brunch with friends, then mani/pedi, then work, then sushi. So, I'm glad I got work and play accomplished this weekend.

Oh man. Carol.... I guess Bill told her (after she brought up the topic), that although he thinks Carol is great and wonderful and all sorts of good things, he just doesn't feel like he wants a relationship.... I don't know if this means that Carol's giving up on Bill forever or if she's still hoping he'll change his mind. She's chatting with new men online, so I think that's a good thing.

Thank God he finally put it into words....I don't know why she couldn't read it in his actions. It's too bad he didn't say "I don't want a relationship with you" (which is probably more accurate) so that she could fully give up that flicker of hope...but this is better than nothing.

Thank God he finally put it into words....I don't know why she couldn't read it in his actions. It's too bad he didn't say "I don't want a relationship with you" (which is probably more accurate) so that she could fully give up that flicker of hope...but this is better than nothing.

we'll see - i'm afraid she still has hope???

Good news - I've roped her into going to Asia with me this christmas. She's a little hesitant because of the distance, the time, etc... it's not something that's on her "bucket list" like it is mine. However, once she saw the itinerary, she became more interested - there will be a mix of beach and mountains and hiking and food and culture and temples, so I think she will enjoy it. I will too.

better news - i have a cute neighbor - he lives on my floor. I'm so tired but he's the one who chatted me up. we didn't trade names, but I'm sure i'll see him again soon.

Your trip sounds amazing. I loved traveling around Asia, there is so much to learn and see, it's wonderful.

Perhaps Carol is just one of those people that need to be told a few times by the guy that he isn't interested. Some people need more than obvious actions. It's always harder to be rational when you're in the situation. I think this happens to most people at one time or another, with romantic relationships and even friendships. It seems that even Bill is a bit wishy-washy, because he didn't seem to ever say he wasn't interested in Carol? Hopefully she will meet someone else that wants to be with her.

yeah, i think she is having a hard time reconciling it because when they are together, they have a lot of fun and have such nice dates. But I think from the outside, it's clear that he just enjoys her company and nice dates a few times a month, but without of a deeper commitment. Carol was hoping at least they would be taking "baby steps" to commitment of some sort. I don't know if she's going to keep seeing him or what. I wish he would just stop jerking her around.

i think it will be a good trip. i'm concerned about carol because there will be a lot of driving on this trip (hours and hours in buses) and she gets motion sick easily. She needs to bring the strongest drugs she can get from her doctor...

In situations like that it's hard to not feel like you just want your friend to GET IT, and open her eyes because you care for her and don't want her hurt, but then again it's like oh she is an adult and should be able to recognize when someone isn't really into her to pursue a committed relationships. Whichever way you look at it, it just sucks.

Yes, definitely bring the meds because the driving...the roads ... she will need it. You guys will have so much fun.

we'll see - i'm afraid she still has hope???

Good news - I've roped her into going to Asia with me this christmas. She's a little hesitant because of the distance, the time, etc... it's not something that's on her "bucket list" like it is mine. However, once she saw the itinerary, she became more interested - there will be a mix of beach and mountains and hiking and food and culture and temples, so I think she will enjoy it. I will too.

better news - i have a cute neighbor - he lives on my floor. I'm so tired but he's the one who chatted me up. we didn't trade names, but I'm sure i'll see him again soon.

Great news!

grumble grumble.... oh no, Carol and Bill are not over. She clarified to me that I guess although he admitted he's not having feelings for a relationship, she apparently brought up "good points" during their talk. So they will meet again on Saturday to discuss things further. He said he needs to think about it this week. However, if he does not have time to think (as work is very busy this week), then they will just meet on saturday to have fun and will discuss the relationship situation later. his idea. OMG. Carol said she will let him stall once, but not again. ugh...... grrrrr...... I see how this will go. They'll meet up on Saturday, he will say work has been too crazy this week and he hasn't had any chance to think things over.....

apparently, he is "very serious" about commitment, and doesn't want to "commit" without giving it a great deal of thought.

He's looking at her thinking: how can I keep her around without having to commit? Stall stall stall.

exactly.... how do i keep feeding her the smallest breadcrumbs, but without actually having to give her even 1 full slice of bread, much less the entire loaf!

yeah, so Carol brought this up to him basically by saying that they don't see each other often (maybe 2-3 times a month), he frequently does not return calls, he's not her bf, and while they fool around, they aren't having penetrative sex..... so basically.... they have just about nothing. Carol's made a great observation here... but she's told him if he doesn't want to be with her, that he needs to then break it off, he can't just slink away. sigh..... I told her she can call it off herself. but of course, she doesn't want to do that because she wants Bill!!!

oh gosh. she's an adult. i shouldn't be aggravated over this - it's her battle, not mine.

yup.... as expected..... he suggested that they have a double date on saturday night with some of his other friends - so I guess there will be no relationship talk then. However, he's yet again, giving her hope because he's introducing her to his friends so she views that as a positive... but without giving her any more than that.

So, she sees him less than she would a friend, isn't having sex with him, and he barely communicates with her.

Is he smokin' hot or something? Is he spoiling her in some other ways?

Carol hasn't had the greatest luck with men (and well, neither have I!) but I think any attention he gives her is better than none. He's a decent looking guy, smart, good career, they have fun together... but yeah, why doesn't he make her his gf? i dunno what his deal is.

Why would he?

Exactly. He knows that she'll just be there accepting scraps. Making it official raises expectations....and disallows his casual approach to her. And then, when he finds a girl he's interested in, he'll have to go through carols messy feelings as she feels betrayed. This way, he can just disappear when it's convenient. She can't get mad, it was casual.

She has lowered her value by accepting his behaviour. This is a classic example of "we teach people how to treat us". She should have walked away so that she could, be available to men that want to give her what she actually wants.

Well.... let's see... Carol and Bill had a date last night and "talked about talking about the relationship." She told me she needs to hear something soon and was anticipating the talk during their next date, but would rather not have a date if the "decision wasn't go to her way." She'd rather he just tell her over the phone. I told Carol her birthday is coming up soon and she doesn't need yet another, "Happy birthday to my nice friend!" card.

As for me, not much news here, just drowning in work. Trying to get it all done, or slap stuff together that passes.

Archived