Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Annie's Journal of Dating and Body Hair Removal

annie24

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You have an iphone right? You can block calls/messages through the phone and your carrier shouldn't charge you for that. It's somewhere in settings.

But you didn't get all of your money back yet, right? Do it after you get the money back!

I do have an iPhone. OK, i'll have to look into it. What message does he get if I block him (He doesn't have an iPhone).

He gave me a postdated check for the rest of the amount he owes. also which I can cash on the day he gets his next paycheck, the 15th. I'll do it right away. (making sure that the checks don't bounce).

I do have an iPhone. OK, i'll have to look into it. What message does he get if I block him (He doesn't have an iPhone).

He gave me a postdated check for the rest of the amount he owes. also which I can cash on the day he gets his next paycheck, the 15th. I'll do it right away. (making sure that the checks don't bounce).

Probably better to wait until you are sure the checks don't bounce.

What happens after you block someone is if they send a text, they think they just sent a normal text but it never goes through to you. I'm not sure if I remember what happens when you call - it may say something like this person is not accepting calls from this number (I am not 100% on that).

I really don't think he will text. I think I'm getting stronger each day, so if he ever does text, I think I can handle it? Or not. who knows. Susan thinks that he'll be calling in a few months after he tries and fails to hook up with the girls at work. Then she thinks he'll get fired for it. lol. Susan is funny.

It's interesting that even Alice (the fiancé of Logan's high school friend) thinks I was too good for him. I expect my girlfriends to say stuff like that, but not necessarily the "ex's people."

Probably better to wait until you are sure the checks don't bounce.

What happens after you block someone is if they send a text, they think they just sent a normal text but it never goes through to you. I'm not sure if I remember what happens when you call - it may say something like this person is not accepting calls from this number (I am not 100% on that).

I tried this on Jared's phone when I was thinking about blocking my MIL from contacting me. When I texted myself from his phone with his number blocked, nothing came through to my phone and nothing showed up on his phone (he doesn't have an iphone, so I didn't have to worry about imessage showing read or delivered). When I called myself from his phone, it went straight to voicemail but I think it told me VM was full or something--I don't believe I was able to leave a message. When I unblocked his number, no old texts or missed calls popped up.

So it's pretty effective. It just makes it look to them like you're ignoring them and then you're none the wiser.

For iPhone users blocking is simple. When you block someone and they call it goes straight to voicemail and you can leave a voicemail. Actually you can with any phone. As for SMS, it just gets sent but you don't know if it is delivered or not. iMessage says delivered but the person doesn't actually get it.

You can still call with blocked number though.

With windows phones you can block a caller, and texts, and even block private callers. They can still leave a vm though.

Blackberry you can block the caller and they can still receive a vm. Can't block private callers.

No idea about android.

i'm going to visit my therapist tomorrow so i'll probably cry then.

honestly, i'm curious if he will contact me and what he would say. not that i would want to get back with him at this point - he said that he wanted to see if he could find better and wanted to find a woman he was more physically attracted to. (wow, thanks ) This coming from a guy who was on me like white on rice for 10 months. I'd like the pleasure of purposefully ignoring him. It's not like I thought he was the hottest man in the world either, but really, you look past those things in the person you love.

in other news, had an awkward encounter with a prof today. i work in a lab that has a lot of shared space with other labs. actually, 95% of my work is in my office, but once in a while, i have some lab work to do. i was using another prof's tabletop centrifuge, which I asked her for permission several months ago. Today she told me she didn't want me using it anymore because she didn't think i'd be using it on a 'daily basis.' which is really strange, because i don't use it really that often. she said she's afraid it will break and she's out of money for repairs (it's a very difficult thing to break, even on purpose). she said my boss should just buy me my own. word on the floor is that she's up for tenure soon, and she will be denied (no money, no students, goodbye). I think she's panicking. I said sure, i'd stop using it.

I understand the curiosity. I think he will contact you because he misses you and realizes he acted like a jerk but I don't think he would put in the effort to change for more than a few days of trying to seduce you. He craves his drugs and child-like ways too much.

I think if he contacts you it will be out of his loneliness and boredom, and that he can't find anyone better. I don't think he will be serious, I don't think he will be thinking 'I had it good, why did I mess this up' etc. I think it will be a pathetic, selfish and pointless text - "Hi Annie, how are you? I hope things are well."

It's been my experience when they do come back, it's after you've forgotten about them. So far I haven't heard anything. Who knows - maybe he already had someone lined up? He said that he didn't but you never know. Everyday that passes, I feel less for him.

Haven't cried in 36 hours.

why not block his number and e-mails so even if he does text you won't see it?

That's what I did and it worked amazingly well, then I noticed she messaged me months later when I was over it big time

take control, and part of taking control is eliminating him from your life. You know he's not good for you, he doesn't want to be with you, so whether he's moving on or not or HOW he's dealing with breaking up... doesn't matter, only you matter. So being in charge of if he gets to contact you is in your hands as well. I'd block him and keep all the cards in your hand, versus wondering

You know what Annie, mention it all you want. This is your thread. Sometimes we need to do that until we are sick of hearing our own thoughts. It's part of the healing process.....I still think of my ex. Almost every day. It's getting less ...and it hurts less and I care less about wanting to hear from him....but I do think of him. I agree with you though, that it's typically when you are completely over them that you hear from them or run into them. So just heal at your pace, and in your own way. Don't beat yourself up if you think of him more than you want. Hope your therapist appt goes well.

I went to my therapist. She had a ton of 4-letter words to say about him. Pretty much all the same stuff that's been said here. She thinks I am better off without him and just to focus on healing now. She liked the note card idea and said to keep that up.

Oh yeah, she said she thinks he will never be a teacher. She thinks he's never going to be able to get to that point. She thought it was shady the way he said that he can't even volunteer in a school district with a DUI.

Oh yeah, she said she thinks he will never be a teacher. She thinks he's never going to be able to get to that point. She thought it was shady the way he said that he can't even volunteer in a school district with a DUI.

Maybe it's a bit mean to say this, but I agree w/ your therapist. I don't know much about the legal aspects but the way he manages (or rather, mismanages) his life, he'll probably never get motivated enough to do more than he's doing now, which is kind of floating through life ...

I don't know if that knowledge helps you, though ...

Glad to hear that you're feeling better!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived