I feel like I still need to tone up. Should I?

Rose21

For that test, are you supposed to suck it in and then measure, or measure without sucking it in?

I know of tests that require you to suck in in order to measure the omentum.

the tests that are the most accurate are the ones with the calipers - where sucking in doesn't matter. it measures the body fat on your thighs and arms.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I didn't suck in on mine.

i'm honestly not trying to be rude here, but in the pics with your body showing, it really looks like you're sucking it in? your shoulders are up and everything. i've never seen a stomach look like that without being sucked in. my stomach is small too and i had abs but they never looked like that. if you truly aren't posing, then, my apologies.

Well wouldn't that help fatten me up? lol.

I don't want to get bigger=(

"Fattening" you up has nothing to do with eating foods that are bad for you. I think you need to work on a BALANCED body composition for good health. You can keep the same proportions with a higher percentage of good body fat just through eating healthy. I promise you that.

"Fattening" you up has nothing to do with eating foods that are bad for you. I think you need to work on a BALANCED body composition for good health. You can keep the same proportions with a higher percentage of good body fat just through eating healthy. I promise you that.

And, I do agree with you, COturner, that the foods she ate were not all that healthy.

Well wouldn't that help fatten me up? lol.

I don't want to get bigger=(

not really. eating 2 cookies or 8 doesn't make a person put on weight right away.

when you sleep the next morning if you notice you wake up thinner. you look and weight more at night (usually) then when you just woke up. i'm not sure how or why but i remember reading that it has something to do with metabolism.

i eat junk food at night, and the next day you wouldn't know i pigged out lol. only way you can tell is if i have big meals a few days in a row and don't move/excersize.

not really. eating 2 cookies or 8 doesn't make a person put on weight right away.

when you sleep the next morning if you notice you wake up thinner. you look and weight more at night (usually) then when you just woke up. i'm not sure how or why but i remember reading that it has something to do with metabolism.

i eat junk food at night, and the next day you wouldn't know i pigged out lol. only way you can tell is if i have big meals a few days in a row and don't move/excersize.

Usually weight varies around 3-4 pounds throughout the day based on water intake and meals.

You weigh less in the mornings (granted you did not eat after 8 or so the previous night) simply because you are empty.

All the peanut butter, orange juice, and milk I use is organic. The peanut butter is the natural one with the oil you dump out on top.

Nearly everything in my house, or that I eat is organic.

and I don't want to gain any weight.

Organic is good for the most part, glad to hear you eat the better PB. (I eat Arrowhead Valencia PB myself). Hormone free milk is good in moderation. I'd still ditch the OJ except now and then, and only with protein and fat at the same time to avoid a huge spike in insulin. OJ and oatmeal as your breakfast is not so great for the insulin (meaning it can lead to weight gain). Oatmeal with nuts, ground flaxseed sprinkled in, and some tea is probably better.

No I'm not sucking in...I had to work to get my waist and abs like that.

I've been asked before if I was wearing a corset sometimes when I wear clothes, and my stepdad said my waist simply didn't look natural Um okay? How does that make me feel good?

Yes, I use 2% organic milk, organic peanut butter, and Simple Harvest Oatmeal, which is also organic. I love oatmeal, and it's very healthy.

The cheese is also organic and 2%. I like to eat healthy. There is this one snack that I absolutly love, It's Flat Land Earth chips, and it's the farmland cheddar. It's very healthy, and I love them.

There's also these snack peas which are quite tasty that are totasted pea pods.

Well, the main point of the thread was to figure out things to tone down my leg muscles and keep in shape, and I keep getting told to GAIN weight. That's not what I asked about. I'm wanting to know how I could maybe loose a few lbs (2-3) and tone my legs down/evenly.

Well, the main point of the thread was to figure out things to tone down my leg muscles and keep in shape, and I keep getting told to GAIN weight. That's not what I asked about. I'm wanting to know how I could maybe loose a few lbs (2-3) and tone my legs down/evenly.

why didnt u ask that in the first place?

if u want to lose just keep going to the gym and watching what u eat. and u got some good suggestions about toning down the leg muscle.

your posts are sooooo confusing your story changes so much! try to be happy with yourself because at 112 pounds there is no concern of being too big. i wish i myself could get to 120!

If that's what you wanted, why did you put in that you are underweight? You didn't need to put all that detail in yet you chose to write about how small you are.

Seems to me that you just wanted people to tell you that you don't need to lose weight and all you wanted was an ego boost.

If that's what you wanted, why did you put in that you are underweight? You didn't need to put all that detail in yet you chose to write about how small you are.

Seems to me that you just wanted people to tell you that you don't need to lose weight and all you wanted was an ego boost.

i know i didn't even see a pic of her legs just her upper part. this thread originally has nothing to do with legs. it's about a girl finding something about her body (fat percentage) and wanting to share it with everyone else.

Are you sure about that?

I thought I had gained some holiday weight and I'm always pretty uptight around my weight. I work out mostly everyday, even if I don't go to the gym much I do all my work outs at home and eat mostly healthy. Indluging in junk and sweets every so often (I have a sweet tooth and starbucks addiction!) My boyfriend says that's the only thing that's keeping me at a healthy weight . I'd like to loose 5 more lbs, just that much no more, but everyone looks at me like I'm crazy.

Today when I was over at my friends house, her mom took our measurements and calculated our fat % online just for the fun of it. Her mom was like, "Honey, I really don't think you realize how thin you've gotten in the last year" I knew I was thin, but not THAT thin. I was shocked when I saw the fat %.

I'm 19 years old, will be 20 in a few months, I'm 5"3 and 112 lbs. My chest was measured at 34", my waist at 24", and my hips at 36".

We looked at the fat % and it said 11-17% was in the VERY LOW category. My friend got 17% and she's shorter then me, and I got 11%! Below the VERY LOW.

This perplexes me, because I honestly don't see myself as that skinny! It could just be because I have alot of muscle, and it's more muscle then fat because it weighs more. I'd like to get down to about 105-108.

What do you think?

No where do you mention in your OP about toning up your legs and whatever else you said.. You say how you want to lose atleast 5 lbs and get down to this weight or that weight.

i know i didn't even see a pic of her legs just her upper part. this thread originally has nothing to do with legs. it's about a girl finding something about her body (fat percentage) and wanting to share it with everyone else.

And, frankly, if I feel like someone is underweight, I am not going to advise them to lose weight. A lot of people feel that way. When someone has confidence issues linked to weight, telling them how and that it is okay to lose more weight, is like telling a meth addict where the nearest dealer is.

It may not be your original question, but, it's reading in between the lines. I am not the only one who feels this way.

However, that is if you are actually trying to lose weight.

I still stick with my believing that you are fishing.

I don't want them to be twigs

I want them to look like this: That kind of toned.

link removed

link removed

Not twigs.

i like the second pic. it's airbrushed though.

if u want the legs like the first pic, then obviously u need more muscle tone.. (opposite of what you just asked for in the OP).

if u like the second pic style legs.. you'll need some heels and those shorts lol. and maybe some leg glossy lotion or something.. she has thin legs but the lights make them appear way nicer.

Archived