I feel like I still need to tone up. Should I?

Rose21

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
to get nice but not muscular legs (if that's what you want) just do some jogging and squats. don't overdo it' date=' but do it daily or every other day. of course if you are lifting weights you'll get bulkier. i just [b']don't get how you eat 15 cookies a day but have a low body fat[/b].

they are made by the Keebler elves....squat thrusts do wonders for leg tone, especially the calves

No, I deffinatly DO NOT eat 15 cookies a day. I said I ate around that amount (really small x-mas cookies) for 2 days in a row, while I was on my period with cravings and in Florida.

I never eat more then 2 cookies a day on a regular basis. Most of the time it's just one- a few a week, if that. It just depends.

But yeah a mild jog sounds good, it's just been so cold out here that I don't feel up to it, and I HATE the tread mill. I'd go to the gym, but I still have to walk there and I usualy do the EFX machine when I'm there.

But I have to wait a little while before I go because I've been pretty sick lately and have this really nasty cough.

Lol okay thanks Av. Are you a trainer or some sort?

No but one of my best friends is and since I have taken on my "healthy" lifestyle, he has taught me SO SO much about nutrition and how to get the body that I want.

He has helped me out so much to where I have other friends that come to me so I can write them a work out routine and diet to get the body that they want. Of course I have my friend proof read it before I hand it out but I am usually pretty spot on.

So based on what you have said and what I have seen, thats all I would suggest that you do for now. Stay away from legs in the gym. If you MUST work them out, dont use any weights or like the previous poster said, do a non-incline treadmill..

Lol okay. The EFX would be for cardio, and not bulding up muscles on my legs right? I don't like the treadmill its boring. And I get worn out easily on it. I used to be top in track for short term sprints, but I am horrible at endurance runs. I chicken out after the 1st lap, I tend to have lung problems and triggered athsma with cold weather and lots of physical activity like running etc.

Well by what you do, I'd say it's working. You look really cut and in tip top shape. Now, I DO NOT want to look like that, as I am a girl, but on a guy that looks pretty good lol.

Lol okay. The EFX would be for cardio, and not bulding up muscles on my legs right? I don't like the treadmill its boring. And I get worn out easily on it. I used to be top in track for short term sprints, but I am horrible at endurance runs. I chicken out after the 1st lap, I tend to have lung problems and triggered athsma with cold weather and lots of physical activity like running etc.

Well by what you do, I'd say it's working. You look really cut and in tip top shape. Now, I DO NOT want to look like that, as I am a girl, but on a guy that looks pretty good lol.

Well sprints will give you a bulkier look so jogging is your best best. Just look at professional runners. The sprinters have very bulky/muscular legs while the long distance runners have very toned/proportionate leg muscles. Yes the EFX would be a good machine for tone as you use less than your body weight to use it.

and 3 sets of 20-25 reps of a LOW weight would not get your body looking like mine. I usually do 5-7 sets of 5 reps (with as much weight as possible). I am going for bulk though.

Then talk to a trainer and find out how to shake up your routine to tone. Figure out your body type and what's even possible. If it's important to you, that's what you have to do. You can't lose weight in specific spots.... what if you find a way to lose pounds and your breasts disappear but your thighs stay the same? What next - lose more weight? Every single body out there looks different. Trying to look like someone else is virtually impossible.

I would not go on this site and say "I would really like to gain a 1/4 inch on my biceps but EVERYONE and their mother, grandmother, aunts and sisters tell me that I have the best arms ever! I agree too!... so what do you all think?"

Aviatormy, what a great example to show how funny women's words sound coming from a guy

runners have nice legs......take a lap

So do many tennis players...

You aren't going to get fat if you cut back on building specific muscles - don't use machines for your legs. Do things like squats, lunges, cycling, running, kick a soccer ball around... doing specific resistance work on individual muscles is good to build up weak areas, repair injuries, prep for a specific sport, but general tone comes from using your legs and core together as a complex system.

So do many tennis players...

You aren't going to get fat if you cut back on building specific muscles - don't use machines for your legs. Do things like squats, lunges, cycling, running, kick a soccer ball around... doing specific resistance work on individual muscles is good to build up weak areas, repair injuries, prep for a specific sport, but general tone comes from using your legs and core together as a complex system.

as an old tennis coach...I agree totally

I don't think so mythical.

When I was going through a hard time back in the summer, there was a period where I lost alot of weight in a short amount of time. And I truly thought I was TOO skinny then. It kind of scared me, my ribs stuck out so much and I didn't like it. I gained back most of it, but I'm still underweight.

And Annie, you suggested I may be infertile, that's not a problem for me. Considering I have no interest in having kids.

When I was going through a hard time back in the summer, there was a period where I lost alot of weight in a short amount of time. And I truly thought I was TOO skinny then. It kind of scared me, my ribs stuck out so much and I didn't like it. I gained back most of it, but I'm still underweight.

And Annie, you suggested I may be infertile, that's not a problem for me. Considering I have no interest in having kids.

Being underweight has other problems than just being infertile.

The point Annie is making is similar to what I've been saying - some body fat is crucial to how your body produces and manages hormones. Estrogen and progesterone (along with testosterone and all sorts of other hormones that are not directly sex-related) can literally affect how your brain works, how various organs in your body work, how fast your skin and body age (yes)... it's a very low percentage IF that calculator you used is accurate.

The point Annie is making is similar to what I've been saying - some body fat is crucial to how your body produces and manages hormones. Estrogen and progesterone (along with testosterone and all sorts of other hormones that are not directly sex-related) can literally affect how your brain works, how various organs in your body work, how fast your skin and body age (yes)... it's a very low percentage IF that calculator you used is accurate.

EXactly!! It could be responsible for your moods as well.

Archived