I feel like I still need to tone up. Should I?

Rose21

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did you use a moiturizer while expecting?

I think it is called cocoa butter or something...

I am wondering if that actually works.

It doesn't.. Stretch marks are genetic. If you're going to get them, you're going to get them regardless.

I used cocoa butter religiously every day and still look like I have been attacked by a bear.

It doesn't.. Stretch marks are genetic. If you're going to get them, you're going to get them regardless.

I used cocoa butter religiously every day and still look like I have been attacked by a bear.

Well, then I really have no idea. I inherited my father's skin and I was the first girl born on his side of the family in 5 generations.

But, at least I don't sunburn...

yup entirely genetic, cream does not do pee all. I have about 10 or so.....that go about an inch past my belly button

When I went through puberty, I got BAD stretch marks on my boobs... DEEP scarring. So embarrassing.... I used Neosporin and I swear it worked... what possessed me to try it, I don't know...but it helped.

One of my good high school friends (although I haven't seen him since 4th of July and he showed up very drunk to that party so I doubt he remembers it) has horrible stretch marks on his shoulders from growing so tall so fast.

He is horribly self conscious about it and wears shirts in the pool. He's so adorable too.

One of my good high school friends (although I haven't seen him since 4th of July and he showed up very drunk to that party so I doubt he remembers it) has horrible stretch marks on his shoulders from growing so tall so fast.

He is horribly self conscious about it and wears shirts in the pool. He's so adorable too.

really, shoulders? I don't think I've ever seen em there.

poor guy.

I can't even count mine

Bad thing is.. I didn't really start getting them until AFTER i had my son and then they all seemed to show up once I started losing the weight..

The minute I lose weight they inch up farther and farther. If I lost a ton of weight they would be past my boobs........Aaaaaaaaaargggggggggh gacccccccck

really, shoulders? I don't think I've ever seen em there.

poor guy.

I was surprised too when I first saw them. He rarely takes off his shirt but one time I caught him when I was getting out of bed and he had gotten out of the shower and only had a towel around his waist. (When me and my friends went to california for the weekend for a music festival).

They are lateral marks and they are quite bad. apparently he grew a lot in a short amount of time. He is about 6 foot 4.

question about stretch marks - do they stay red? or do they all eventually turn silvery? i have them from growth spurts but they're all silvery. not sure if they will all become like that (pregnancy).

Most of mine have faded from red to silver.. Although I do still have a few that are red, just not as bright as when they first appeared.

Most of mine have faded from red to silver.. Although I do still have a few that are red, just not as bright as when they first appeared.

Mine are silvery,it took a bit of time. When I got pregnant again they went red again and I gained 2 more.

oh then i'm not so worried the red ones make me shiver. when i see skin rashes or red spots i feel the hair stand at the back of my neck.

ladies, i must say...i haven't been feeling very good lately, and all 18 pages of this thread made me feel like ****.

this reminds me of the thread i saw earlier, about wondering when someone who is obviously tiny is saying their body sucks and it makes you wonder what kind of cow they'd think you are.

i'm 5'9 and i'm 160 something pounds. i must say that it makes me feel horrible to see a pic of you rose, stick thin, and then look at myself, with huge thighs that make me feel like i can't wear a skirt, love handles with the stretch marks that others have described, and nowhere near the weight i'd like to be.

i mean, there you are getting pictures taken in your bikini, when i'm scared as hell to even try mine on anymore.

ugh.

ladies, i must say...i haven't been feeling very good lately, and all 18 pages of this thread made me feel like ****.

this reminds me of the thread i saw earlier, about wondering when someone who is obviously tiny is saying their body sucks and it makes you wonder what kind of cow they'd think you are.

i'm 5'9 and i'm 160 something pounds. i must say that it makes me feel horrible to see a pic of you rose, stick thin, and then look at myself, with huge thighs that make me feel like i can't wear a skirt, love handles with the stretch marks that others have described, and nowhere near the weight i'd like to be.

i mean, there you are getting pictures taken in your bikini, when i'm scared as hell to even try mine on anymore.

ugh.

Big Hugs sweety I totally understand how you are feeling. As I said in the other thread, these "Oh i'm so fat" posts are making me depressed. Because geez I wish I was as "fat" as some of these girls are. If they're fat what the hell am I ? A beached whale?

Big Hugs sweety I totally understand how you are feeling. As I said in the other thread, these "Oh i'm so fat" posts are making me depressed. Because geez I wish I was as "fat" as some of these girls are. If they're fat what the hell am I ? A beached whale?

Personally, I relate more to a water buffalo 8)

ugh.

Yet, at the same time, I'd kill to be that height.

Archived