I feel like I still need to tone up. Should I?

Rose21

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
sorry but you need to gain some weight. it is not very attractive when it looks like you sucked in or when your ribs are showing! just my opinion tho!

other than that you have a good shape

Agreed, can't stand skinny chicks, one of my ex's was skiinnnnyyy. Bleh

Pfft I honestly eat enough.

I was on my period when I went to Florida for 5 days, and ate like 15 cookies a day for 2 or 3 days. Not kidding! And I was extremly surprised to find out I didnt even gain half a pound!

Well, I'll keep doing what I'm doing (Thanks Lady)

But sometimes I feel guilty when I indulge in sweets etc. I have a pretty big sweet tooth and when I go out to eat with my boyfriend, 95% of the time there is always desert envolved. And by that I mean, I eat most of it and he has a few bites. I usualy eat more then him because he has a VERY SLOW metabolism and I have a very fast one.

But I'd still like to tone up my legs! Being a little taller would be nice too, but I know that'll never happen=(

Pfft I honestly eat enough.

I was on my period when I went to Florida for 5 days, and ate like 15 cookies a day for 2 or 3 days. Not kidding! And I was extremly surprised to find out I didnt even gain half a pound!

Well, I'll keep doing what I'm doing (Thanks Lady)

But sometimes I feel guilty when I indulge in sweets etc. I have a pretty big sweet tooth and when I go out to eat with my boyfriend, 95% of the time there is always desert envolved. And by that I mean, I eat most of it and he has a few bites. I usualy eat more then him because he has a VERY SLOW metabolism and I have a very fast one.

But I'd still like to tone up my legs! Being a little taller would be nice too, but I know that'll never happen=(

you just said your legs are TOO toned...

I'm honestly not fishing though.

It's just I get a little jelouse when I see girls that have PERFECT figures and are skinner then me and have great curves.

I just feel like I'm not doing enough.

Well your not going to get nice curves by losing the weight? Seriously dont try lose more weight because it may affect your health.

But I'd still like to tone up my legs!

Eww noo I'm not saying I WANT muscles.

I'm saying I think my legs have TOO much muscle and I want to tone them down, but to evenly do that, I would have to distribute that all throughout my legs.

which is it?!?!

Rose do you ever reread what you post?!?!

You spend so much time saying how wonderful you are and your life and your boyfriend...

and yet as Avi pointed out you continuously look to get affirmation from complete strangers...

You constantly post pics of your body...does your b/f know that you seek out this affirmation from outside sources?

I think you have a problem...it won't matter if you lose/gain 5 to 20 lbs...you don't love yourself...you need to be confident in WHO you are as a person no matter what anyone else thinks...

I would suggest counselling...

I'm honestly not fishing though.

It's just I get a little jelouse when I see girls that have PERFECT figures and are skinner then me and have great curves.

I just feel like I'm not doing enough.

Jealous?

I think everyone gets a little jealous or envious of people with great bodies. That does not mean that they have to be exactly like that.

If you want a better body because you said "I feel like I have to suck my stomach in when I take pictures" "I dont like my legs because I feel that they are too big and I want to know what can I do to get those a little more proportioned" "I want to lose a few lbs of fat and tone up with muscle"....

Then I would understand this post.

But you said it yourself, Your bf would get mad if you lost any of your butt... no need to change that

You said "I am at 11% body fat and mostly muscle".... No need to change that.

Then you post up a couple of pictures (which I didn't care to look at) and everyone said that you are fine the way your are... so no need to change that.

If you want my suggestion,

Be happy with the body that you have now. If you want to honestly make a change, do it because you want to.

Eat a little more carbs and fats so your ribs dont show. Do MORE than 100 sit ups a day. 100 alone wont cut it if you want to be "model" fit.

Dont do anything in the gym with your legs. Allow them to shrink down a bit naturally.

And once you think you have made those changes... THEN post a forum with before and after pictures and ask how you look.

Don't post a topic like this when you know you look good (according to your friends, family and BF, not me) and ask people if you should lose weight when you have already been told by EVERYONE that knows you that you are fine just the way you are. You have height, weight, body fat percentage statistics to prove it.

I would not go on this site and say "I would really like to gain a 1/4 inch on my biceps but EVERYONE and their mother, grandmother, aunts and sisters tell me that I have the best arms ever! I agree too!... so what do you all think?"

That just sounds like I am fishing.

I suspect there may be some body image issues. You don't seem to see what everyone else sees. That can be very dangerous. I think you will drive yourself nuts if you are seeking a "perfect" body. You will always find imperfections if that is what you focus on and if that is what you are looking for.

Yeah I've actually been thinking about that lately.

Usualy when I'm at home I just do leg lifts and squats. Harmless, but when I'm at the gym I tend to do alot of things with weights.

So should I just cut back, or stop doing weighted things with my legs?

I feel like if I stop completely, they will get fat.

and with my body, I have my good and bad days, just like every girl.

Usualy when I'm at home I just do leg lifts and squats. Harmless, but when I'm at the gym I tend to do alot of things with weights.

Do what you makes you comfortable. It is your body remember.

runners have nice legs......take a lap

Hmm.. actually ALL excersize you do will probably target your legs. I say go on the treadmill but put no incline. Just walk or run. It's logical that if you use your legs/arms/other body parts you work the muscles and they kind of expand.

But IMO they expand in a good/feminine way. Specially for someone like me who has also been told by some (or used to get told, I don't really pay attention) that "I have no butt". It does the leg/butt area good.

YES YES and YES!!!!

If you want to "tone down" anything on your body you have to do it through a good diet and NO excersise to very little exersise.

You wont be in any danger of gaining fat in your legs at all if you just continue a good diet and do a little walking. Stay away from weights though.

If you don't want to lose your butt in the process then you can do reverse leg lifts to keep your butt toned.

As far as the rest of your body goes... do a weight that you can successfully lift 20-25 times for 3 sets. That will "tone up".

I would suggest for your stomach that you do 100sit-ups in the morning, on your lunch and before bed. That will get you a muscular stomach.

Let me know if you need any other tips

to get nice but not muscular legs (if that's what you want) just do some jogging and squats. don't overdo it, but do it daily or every other day. of course if you are lifting weights you'll get bulkier. i just don't get how you eat 15 cookies a day but have a low body fat.

Archived