Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nice guy, but really not interested

Bronze Member

Nice guy, but really not interested

Hi guys,

How do I politely tell a guy that I had a lovely time on the date, and let him know that I am not interested in a second date.
    Why do I say?

Silver Member
    Thank you very much for the lovely evening but I don't think we have the chemistry to take this forward. Thank you again. X.

Platinum Member
    Thanks so much for a lovely evening and I don't think it makes sense for us to see each other again/ or I don't think we have enough in common for us to see each other again. Back when I dated I gave silence as my response most of the time. Much of the time when I mentioned "chemistry" etc the person wouldn't take no for an answer and/or harassed me in some way. I preferred silence to "you are sooooo amazing and I am not ready for a relationship"

Did he ask for a 2nd date?

You don't say anything at all unless he contacts you and asks you for another date. Quite often, the lack of spark and interest is mutual and doesn't need to be spelled out preemptively.

If he does reach out, then a polite "Thank you it was great meeting you but we are not a match. Wish you well with other dates." No need to say anything else. It was just a date. Don't go over the top sugar coating things or gushing about how he is such a great guy and you had such a great time with him - it's confusing and insulting to the other person. If he is so great, why won't you see him again? So just keep it straightforward and simple. Civil, but not sugar coating gushing nonsense.

Bronze Member
    Lambert..... he said he would like to see me again, and try a new restaurant that has opened in our area. I didn't respond, just thanked him for the evening and said goodnight.

If he asks again, tell him he's a nice guy, but you don't feel it's going to work out. Then wish him the best and end chat.

If he happens to ask why, just tell him you didn't feel the chemistry was there.

Just be polite and brief,
    Hi Thank you very much for a nice evening, however to be honest there was no spark for me. Wish you well
    Regards Marilyn

Platinum Member
    So he didnít ask you out. I was told things like this a lot and no follow up. Since you didnt say anything he likely wonít follow up. I get messages and calls regularly from people expressing interest in getting together. Quite often even if I respond enthusiastically and follow up with a particular time thereís silence or some equally tentative response where the ball is then in their court. If he calls you to actually ask you for a date you can consider it then.

Originally Posted by Sweet Sue
    Lambert..... he said he would like to see me again, and try a new restaurant that has opened in our area. I didn't respond, just thanked him for the evening and said goodnight.
    So you already rejected him. Unless he is really dense or very persistent, doubt he'll be reaching out again. Unless or until he does, nothing to do for you.

If he does, big if, just be civil and keep it simple. Don't go on about how he is so nice or whatever, just say that you aren't feeling it and wish him luck elsewhere. Done. Remember the KISS principle - keep it simple....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice