LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is my old guy friend into me?

Is my old guy friend into me?

Let me preface by saying he is NOT a shy person. I haven't seen my guy friend in like 4 years. We were platonic friends. We kinda ended things on a bad note. It was an immature verbal fight. When I saw him, I was shocked, and I said "Hello" and he was smiling at me and said "Hello" back. He then proceeded to lock eyes with my face in terms of not looking away from me and so I proceeded to make small talk because he was just staring at me. He was over at my house hanging with my brother getting tutored by him for college math.

I had to go out. But I came back and I told my bro something. I noticed my old guy friend was looking at me and kept smiling. I cleared the air with him, and told him how everything is cool. He kept bringing up past memories, he remembered everything we did, things I couldn't even remember until he jarred my memory, smiling/smiling at me, and hugged me like 3 or 4 times.

He kept saying he was glad we were on good terms. He hasn't texted me since the interaction though? I texted him my number but we haven't spoken. He said he wanted me to see his baby, and he just couldn't stop hugging me. He even was reversing back to his car facing forward at me, and still talking to me. He wouldn't even turn his back and talk to me while he was walking to his car. He like couldn't keep his eyes off me face and he was still smiling. So, why then ghost after that? Does it mean he had more feelings for me? Or something else? What do you get from this?

Well, you two were in the friend's zone for four years, then had a falling out. That does not look like love at first sight to me.

Sounds like he wants to keep the past in the past, but was polite to you when you ran into him. Just move forward, he has your contact info so if he wants to contact you he will.

Platinum Member
    Do you want him to like you? Is this about your ego or do you like him back?

You said he had a kid, what about the kids mom? Where is she?

Sounds like he was just happy to see you and knows there are no hard feelings to me but without more information it's hard to say.

Bronze Member
    He may just be happy that you aren't mad. Continue to be polite when you see him & see how this plays out. If you think you might like him or want to date him, flirt or tell your brother to tell him you are interested. He may be hesitant out of respect for your brother.

He knows how he feels, but doesn't know how you feel. The ball is in your court on this one.

He's a dad with a baby trying to put himself through college. He also needs help with it and can't seem to do the math on his own. Is he in a relationship? Give him a break, please. Try not to overthink this. I think he was being friendly and cordial with you for old time's sake and to keep the peace - nothing more. You're wondering about what his smile means. He's got a lot more on his plate and a family to think of too. It would be absolutely inappropriate if he texted you back and he knew you had feelings for him.

Platinum Member
    You donít really mention his relationship situation...

It is not at all uncommon for couples - even the strongest of couples - to go through a bit of a rough patch when they become new parents. A baby is a lot of work! Neither of them are sleeping properly. Her bodyís hormones are all over the place. If she is staying home alone with the child, she is likely feeling exhausted, overwhelmed and completely isolated. If he is working and going to school and trying to raise a family, he is also likely exhausted, overwhelmed and having their needs thrust on him the moment he gets home. Couples often get irritated at each other and start giving each other a hard time, etc. Itís not nice... but itís completely normal.

If he looked at you in any kind of way, I would not see that as anything about you or an indication of a special connection or anything - but rather a reflection of whatís going on in his own life. You represent a bit of nostalgia and a time when life was ďsimpleĒ.

The fact that he has your number and hasnít used it kind of speaks for itself, IMO.

Best to take your awesome self and find someone available who is not so busy and doesnít have so many complications. Your life will be MUCH happier for it.

How long has it been since you saw him?

He was really happy to see an old friend and happy that you got back on good terms, but it's not a romance.

Be happy to have a friend back in your life, but don't get confused and expect it to be anything more.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice