Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Am I being too sensitive for feeling BF is losing interest?

Platinum Member
    What kind of dates/relationship do you have as opposed to what you wish were happening? Perhaps he's just not that into you. After 6 mos don't settle for cold and lame and convince yourself you are "the cool gf" who "doesn't need labels". 6 mos is long enough to know what's happening and this seems to be where he is at with you.

All her posts are about insecurity. All she could think about when he went on vacation is "do people meet people on vacation?" rather than wishing him to have a great time. I think from the other posts, things are mostly coming down to her anxiety. To me, he communicated that after 4 straight days with her, he was going to hang out with his buddies. That is not ghosting. With my guy, we have been together for quite awhile and if he goes to an event related to his hobby with a group of other guys, i don't flip out. I have hobbies that i enjoy without him myself. Its good to not be the same. But that's just my opinion. After 6 months, you stop being at eachother's elbow constantly. If he came home and didn't see her at all. I would be more concerned.

You may be together for 6 months, but if I am reading it right, one month of that was with him overseas.

The best cure for your overthinking is to get busy with your life and make some plans of your own. Not only will it keep you busy, it's a great reminder of who you are outside of a relationship. Those reminders will let you know that no matter what happens (because something are out of your control) that you will be alright.

Bronze Member
    Originally Posted by Wiseman2
    Sorry to hear this. It sounds like the relationship as a whole is not where you hoped it would be after 6 mos. Have you had the exclusive talk? How often do you see each each other? You can hang on wishing and hoping he develops feelings for you or better yet, you can stop fooling yourself and cut your losses. Come on, you are not ok being with someone who can't tell you this and obviously doesn't feel anything after 6 mos?

What kind of dates/relationship do you have as opposed to what you wish were happening? Perhaps he's just not that into you. After 6 mos don't settle for cold and lame and convince yourself you are "the cool gf" who "doesn't need labels". 6 mos is long enough to know what's happening and this seems to be where he is at with you.
    Well of course we are exclusive.. met the parents and everything.. we talk everyday, see each other 2-3 times a week.4 months together, 1 month apart now going into 6th. Thatís all the details.

What kind of relationship I want? Well find someone who is crazy for me and say ILY in 3 months and move in after 6 and marry after 12 and happy ever after lol unfortunately if I pursue this I may be single forever

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by h0000
    Well of course we are exclusive.. met the parents and everything.. we talk everyday, see each other 2-3 times a week.4 months together, 1 month apart now going into 6th. Thatís all the details.

What kind of relationship I want? Well find someone who is crazy for me and say ILY in 3 months and move in after 6 and marry after 12 and happy ever after lol unfortunately if I pursue this I may be single forever
    Why do you see the need to share living space after knowing someone 6 months? Sure if it means something about an emotional commitment I can see that - moving in together before the wedding for practical reasons too. You seem to want a fairly fast tracked relationship -why?

Bronze Member
    maybe it gives me thrills

Platinum Member
    maybe it gives me thrills
    Well ok sure - lots of things give us thrills. Typically that's only one factor of many in finding a lasting romantic relationship and especially marriage. How has focusing on thrills to that extent worked for you so far?

Bronze Member
    Originally Posted by Batya33
    How has focusing on thrills to that extent worked for you so far?
    I get disappointed sometimes. Like now.

Well the other poster just asked me what I'm having VS what I wish I was having. So there is my wish. Im not sure if he's trying to tell me to dump him and only go after my wish.

Platinum Member

H

WHOA!! Moving in after SIX MONTHS???? no guy looking for a future wife will do that -- he will want to take things a little slower because he respects and loves her. He won't get engaged until at least 2 years pass at very minimum and three is still "head over heels as well". TRUST me, as a woman who has been divorced and is now with the love of my life. If the relationship is 'right' - it will still be "right' in a year with not having lived together. Its better to have a reasonable length courtship than a hasty marriage and a quick divorce. trust me.

this guy sounds pretty decent - he sounds like he really, really likes you, but also has boundaries. 2-3 times a week seeing you at the 6 month mark is fantastic. I think you have an unrealistic view of what a healthy relationship is

Platinum Member
    I get disappointed sometimes. Like now.

Well the other poster just asked me what I'm having VS what I wish I was having. So there is my wish. Im not sure if he's trying to tell me to dump him and only go after my wish.
    If you go after your "wish", be prepared to meet a controlling abuser who wants to sweep you off your feet very quickly so they can start controlling you. That's the only man who will move in with you in 6 months. Or a guy who can't hold down a job and plays video games all day and needs a sugar mama.

Bronze Member
    Originally Posted by abitbroken
    be prepared to meet a controlling abuser who wants to sweep you off your feet very quickly so they can start controlling you. That's the only man who will move in with you in 6 months. .
    That's what my dad said :P
    My "fantasy" view is maybe marry in a year but my realistic view is 3 years. Sometimes I get a rush over my head but I just been to cool myself down

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Videos

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems

Friendship Between Men and Women Often Involves Attraction

Infidelity
Give Advice
Ask For Advice