Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Living with a chronic illness

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Originally Posted by Billie28
    Iím saying it is curable with surgery.
    Itís irrelevant what your system is or the shortage of Drís.
    In your case you havenít been cured because of that system and shortage. That doesnít mean itís not curable.

Iím sorry that someone else responded with physical therapy etc and not becoming drug dependant.
    I do understand your pain.
    TN is dubbed the suicide disease because many have ended their life because of it.

But unless you have had surgery to seperate the nerve touching something it shouldnít, you canít say itís not curable.
    Unfortunately your health system is allowing you to suffer.
    Itís so wrong.
    It is not determined why I have it. For that I need an MRI. I would have to be sedated for that due to my extremely severe medical anxiety. It is not always caused by compression. It can be caused by dental injury , it can be caused by head injury or tumours or repeat surgery.

Some cases are not curable.

I also have very severe medical phobia and I would rather die than have brain surgery. I have it from severely traumatic medical experiences.

I still maintain it is not curable in every case it depends on what caused it. Surgery also comes with dangers and deficits.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    It is not determined why I have it. For that I need an MRI. I would have to be sedated for that due to my extremely severe medical anxiety. It is not always caused by compression. It can be caused by dental injury , it can be caused by head injury or tumours or repeat surgery.

Some cases are not curable.

I also have very severe medical phobia and I would rather die than have brain surgery. I have it from severely traumatic medical experiences.

I still maintain it is not curable in every case it depends on what caused it. Surgery also comes with dangers and deficits.
    If you wonít find the cause then you canít say itís not curable.
    You can be sedated to have an MRI.

Itís not brain surgery itís surgery next to the trigeminal nerve.

If you choose to live with chronic pain , then you do.
    But there is for you a choice not to. Or at least explore the possibility.

But you can NOT say itís not curable.
    You are choosing a medical route (proven not to be successful) over a surgical route (proven to be )

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    If you wonít find the cause then you canít say itís not curable.
    You can be sedated to have an MRI.

Itís not brain surgery itís surgery next to the trigeminal nerve.

If you choose to live with chronic pain , then you do.
    But there is for you a choice not to. Or at least explore the possibility.

But you can NOT say itís not curable.
    You are choosing a medical route (proven not to be successful) over a surgical route (proven to be )
    I am saying it is not curable in EVERY case. But, yes it is brain surgery, the trigeminal nerve comes out of the brain stem.

Platinum Member
    Nothing wrong with it but if you read the whole message , it says he would be there 10-15 minutes.
    A first date? Another might assume he has actually flaked and left the bill.
    I'm a "she".

Platinum Member
    Do you mind me asking what your diagnosis is?

I donít think dating is ruled out for you?
    Dinner dates and hikes might be out of the question for a first or even fifth date but there are other options , movie date where no food involved? Politely decline popcorn?
    Diverticulitis
    Colitis
    Thyroid Disease
    High Blood Pressure
    Food allergies and lactose intolerance
    Severe motion sickness (cause unknown) with random spells of lightheadedness (falling in the shower, etc.)
    Hypoglycemia
    Arthritis (feet, knee, shoulder, wrist and hands)

But other than that I am healthy!

Dating is not ruled out. I was in a relationship during a period of a few years when I was in and out of the hospital and then had major surgery (bowel resection). I can't drink coffee or eat ice cream. I can do a stroll and I love sports so attending a sports event would work.

Mostly I have chosen not to date. My health is only part of the reason. The rest is lack of interest in dating. Maybe I'll change my mind later.

Bronze Member
    Seraphim......I have a dear friend who was diagnosed with trigiminal neuralgia just last year. She didn't find medications helping her so she began taking laser treatments twice a week. Now, she only has occasional flare ups, but they are mild and don't interrupt her daily life. This is something that might be worth a try. Good luck and God bless!

Bronze Member
    I eat extremely well, exercise and see someone for my emotional well being. I also, don't take pain killers as they offer no benefit to me and give me the worst headaches. I am trying to not let this define me and try to remind people that I am still me "Sue" the same "Sue", but now she has an illness. Some choose to accept it, and stay in my life, while others walk away. It has been 13 years and I have missed out on so much. At the same time, I now take care of my elderly father and he is such a blessing to me. I continues to amaze me everyday and makes me laugh. He alone is good therapy for me.

Originally Posted by Sweet Sue
    Seraphim......I have a dear friend who was diagnosed with trigiminal neuralgia just last year. She didn't find medications helping her so she began taking laser treatments twice a week. Now, she only has occasional flare ups, but they are mild and don't interrupt her daily life. This is something that might be worth a try. Good luck and God bless!
    Thank you. Right now I am in remission thankfully but I will keep in mind when it reoccurs. What are the treatments called?

Bronze Member
    Someone here asked me if I had trigiminal neuralgia? No, I do not. My trigiminal nerve is just fine. It is suspected a root canal gone bad. When tooth was extracted just this past Feb, they found alot of abscesses and infection in the bone. Who knows how long all of that was there? I did notice that most of my problems began not long after the root canal.

There is a member here Sara-pezzini who had Trigeminal caused by a tumour which was for the most part inoperable. She eventually had an MVD. She is about 20 months pain free however first they did meds for ages until she was almost unconscious from the side effects.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice