Seraphim......I have a dear friend who was diagnosed with trigiminal neuralgia just last year. She didn't find medications helping her so she began taking laser treatments twice a week. Now, she only has occasional flare ups, but they are mild and don't interrupt her daily life. This is something that might be worth a try. Good luck and God bless!

I eat extremely well, exercise and see someone for my emotional well being. I also, don't take pain killers as they offer no benefit to me and give me the worst headaches. I am trying to not let this define me and try to remind people that I am still me "Sue" the same "Sue", but now she has an illness. Some choose to accept it, and stay in my life, while others walk away. It has been 13 years and I have missed out on so much. At the same time, I now take care of my elderly father and he is such a blessing to me. I continues to amaze me everyday and makes me laugh. He alone is good therapy for me.

Seraphim......I have a dear friend who was diagnosed with trigiminal neuralgia just last year. She didn't find medications helping her so she began taking laser treatments twice a week. Now, she only has occasional flare ups, but they are mild and don't interrupt her daily life. This is something that might be worth a try. Good luck and God bless!

Thank you. Right now I am in remission thankfully but I will keep in mind when it reoccurs. What are the treatments called?

Someone here asked me if I had trigiminal neuralgia? No, I do not. My trigiminal nerve is just fine. It is suspected a root canal gone bad. When tooth was extracted just this past Feb, they found alot of abscesses and infection in the bone. Who knows how long all of that was there? I did notice that most of my problems began not long after the root canal.

There is a member here Sara-pezzini who had Trigeminal caused by a tumour which was for the most part inoperable. She eventually had an MVD. She is about 20 months pain free however first they did meds for ages until she was almost unconscious from the side effects.

Dental injury can cause nerve pain. I had a severe bone infection dug out of my lower jaw about 9 years ago. Even having a nerve block can damage the TN. The dental surgeon that removed one of my molars told me I can NEVER NEVER have another nerve block.

Someone here asked me if I had trigiminal neuralgia? No, I do not. My trigiminal nerve is just fine. It is suspected a root canal gone bad. When tooth was extracted just this past Feb, they found alot of abscesses and infection in the bone. Who knows how long all of that was there? I did notice that most of my problems began not long after the root canal.
Some of you guys with chronic illnesses should watch the documentary, What's With Wheat? It plays weekly on free streaming service Pluto.

I had IBS and almost died. I changed my diet and it saved my life.

I have IBS as well. However, I don’t think it will make much impact on TN. It won’t change nerve compression or a car crash injury or dental injury-whatever has caused my TN. My IBS and arthritis Yeah I am positive diet can affect that .

Thanks! I am super happy about it too!

Seraphim..... I don't know exactly. All she told me was that she goes to a chiropractor in her town and twice a week he gives her laser treatments. I can find out more about them if you want. I am happy to hear you are in remission!

I admire pro golfer Phil Mickelson who has psoriatic arthritis. He first developed symptoms right before the U.S. Open, and the pain quickly became so intense that he couldn't walk. Now he's still at the top of his game. Look up to people like this as an inspiration rather than focusing on your illness constantly and chronically feeling like a victim or cripple..Many things are not "curable" only manageable.

Chronic illness is like thief that comes in the night.

Remember that if a therapy is not within a licensed non-MD’s scope of practice, then it can be considered unlicensed practice of medicine. Some quack treatments, however can have a placebo effect.

a chiropractor in her town and twice a week he gives her laser treatments.
  • 1 month later...

Seraphim......I hope you are feeling better these days. Since my last post, it looks like the novacaine that I have received over the years is causing the oral/facial pain. Presently my doctor is detoxing it from me and I am happy to say, I have seen an improvement. Yeah! I hope you can get some relief from your TN, my friend is improving with the laser treatments.

Archived