My ldr gf is ghosting me but not blocking or removing me

m515r

My LDR gf who is 17 told me that she can't do it anymore and that she's exhausted after a small argument. I asked her if she still wants to be friends or if she really doesn't wanna talk to me at all anymore but I got no answers and she completely ignores me. She did reply once after I insulted her out of frustration(I know it was immature but happens), so I know she is reading my messages. I just don't understand why she hasn't removed or blocked me on anything when all she's doing is ignoring me. My guess is that she is unsure about what to do or she feeds off my messages by reading them but ignoring them. I stopped attempting to talk to her few days ago but I don't know if I should block her or not. I guess if she gives me a legitimate reason for ghosting me and apologize I'd still like to get back.

She broke up with you. That's what "I can't do it anymore" means. That is not ghosting, it's no contact. If she didn't breakup with you first, it would have been ghosting.

She's 17. That's way too young to be in a long-distance relationship. I'd leave her alone and try to move on even though it's not what you want.

You are grasping at straws. You downplay the fact that you insulted her, which shows that you don't really think that it was wrong. You downplay arguing and you want an apology for not humoring you after you two were broken up. Your post is full of entitlement. Once you broke up she was under no obligation to continue talking to you. The only thing that she is doing wrong is not blocking you. Yet, a decent person would not have put her into the situation of having to block in the first place. You need to learn to respect boundaries and indeed she needs to learn to protect her boundaries more firmly. However, accusing her for not blocking you sounds ridiculous. She asked to break up. That should have been enough for you to back off. Harassing her until she blocks you is not going to win you any brownie points.

You are grasping at straws. You downplay the fact that you insulted her, which shows that you don't really think that it was wrong. You downplay arguing and you want an apology for not humoring you after you two were broken up. Your post is full of entitlement. Once you broke up she was under no obligation to continue talking to you. The only thing that she is doing wrong is not blocking you. Yet, a decent person would not have put her into the situation of having to block in the first place. You need to learn to respect boundaries and indeed she needs to learn to protect her boundaries more firmly. However, accusing her for not blocking you sounds ridiculous. She asked to break up. That should have been enough for you to back off. Harassing her until she blocks you is not going to win you any brownie points.

I do think insulting her was downright wrong and I should've never done that. I just didn't mention it in my post.

Thank you. I'm just so frustrated here because I don't know if she really wants to end it completely because she still follows me on social media and everything. I've asked her to just tell me if she really wants to end it here but she just ignores me.

This is a case where actions speak louder than words. She is ignoring you which is a non verbal way to tell you it's over.

This is a case where actions speak louder than words. She is ignoring you which is a non verbal way to tell you it's over.

Ok. So do people not remove their ex-boyfriends/girlfriends from social media and whatnot after they break-up? Is that a common thing to do? I'm new to this and I don't know.

I do think insulting her was downright wrong and I should've never done that. I just didn't mention it in my post.

You wrote "I know it was immature but happens". That was downplaying it. If you really understand what you did wrong there, good for you, but your first post did not reflect that, hence my reply. If someone is not talking to you anymore, the best thing to do is to move on - not keep going until they block you.

You are sad about the break up. That is human. Yet, the best approach would be to unfriend her yourself so as not to torture yourself with cyber stalking her account. Staying friends at this point would only keep you stuck /obsessing about the situation.

Have you met her in person, OP?

And I agree with Clio - she did break up with you when she told you that she can't do this anymore. Her not replying thereafter isn't exactly ghosting, as she already indicated that she doesn't want to be in the relationship any longer.

I know you are hurt and frustrated, but you would be wise to stop messaging her now. She knows how to find you if she wants to rethink things.

Why hasn't she removed me or blocked me on anything if she broke up with me?

She wants to see how much and how often you'll pretzel yourself to try to get her back. I'd skip that, shoot for my best dignity, and fly off of her radar instead. She knows how to reach you if she ever changes her mind.

I think this girl is done, but moving forward with next girl, scale back the intensity.

And yeah insulting her suggests you allowed your intense emotions to get the best of you.

Take it from me, such intensity IS exhausting (emotionally) regardless of whether it's long distance or local.

Leave her alone and stop worrying about why she hasn't blocked you.

Does it matter? She told you she is exhausted.

Translation = it's over, she is DONE.

Not entirely sure why you are seeking closure in regards to if she should have blocked you, I have multiple ex’s, some have removed me from their lives entirely (deleted from social media etc) others haven’t but in all honesty why would it matter? She’s indicated that it’s over and that should be enough for you to understand and move on, no point harassing the poor girl until she has no choice but to block you...

Maybe she didn't want to pour salt in the wound by blocking or deleting you. Maybe she wants to keep tabs on you and also keep herself inserted in your life somehow, even if she doesn't want to be with you in a relationship. She made the decision to end this relationship, and this decision didn't just creep up overnight. She's had more time and has made peace with it, while for you it's brand new. Keeping you on social media is different for her. She may feel that remaining "friends" in a loose way will work for her. I think it would be best for you to delete her from your social media. It keeps you attached and keeping tabs on her. It's going to hurt a great deal when you see her post pictures, possibly with a guy, or you see guys commenting, and just seeing her go about her life will hurt. If you don't want to unfriend her, hide her so that you can't see her posts. Unless you continuously harass her and don't leave her alone, she may keep you on her social media indefinitely. Maybe she's leaving you to make that move first, and I think you should. Move on. You can't force a relationship.

Archived