Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: She's desperate to have a baby but I'm not ready

She's desperate to have a baby but I'm not ready

Basically my girlfriend is desperate to have a baby but I'm not ready, I want kids and I want kids with her but I'm not ready and I don't know when I will be, the only problem is my girlfriend has got fertility problems and has been told she has very little time left, apparently she has a year at the most and even then there's no guarantee, it has become an issue recently and has upset her a lot, I don't know what to do and worried I'll lose her and what that means for us. I know this means everything to her and I don't want to take this from her but at the same time I'm not sure I can just go ahead with this when I'm not ready. I then worry that what happens when I want it as much as she does but time has run out? I don't want to loose her and fear I could, part of me wonders whether I should just suck it up and do it so I don't loose her but then I worry I will regret it and resent her.

Boughtandpaidfor
    You are very clear that you're not ready. That's enough. Just be clear with her and take what comes. If you compromise everyone will be miserable eventually.

3. Thanks Hollyj thanked for this post
    Batya33
    Platinum Member
    If you're not ready, not 100% enthusiastic, then it's not fair to the child. Can she freeze her eggs and buy some time that way?

5. Thanks annie24, Snny, melancholy123, Fudgie thanked for this post
    annie24
    Quote Originally Posted by Batya33 [Register to see the link]
    If you're not ready, not 100% enthusiastic, then it's not fair to the child. Can she freeze her eggs and buy some time that way?
    I agree with Batya - I don't think you should be strong armed into this if you are not ready. Make sure you are using condoms. I'd hate to see her suddenly get pregnant without your being on board.

mustlovedogs

She's desperate to have a baby but I'm not ready

I'm generally in agreement with the other posters. HOWEVER...

This fertility thing is heavy. You say you want kids with her. Under what time frame? Because it could be now or never. If you think you could want them in 2-3 years, I would encourage you to sit down and think really hard if this is something you could do. Otherwise you may miss the chance - and so could she.

8. Thanks annie24, Waraqqa thanked for this post
    agent
    Do not mess her around when she asks you about children. Tell her bluntly you're not ready. She needs to be able to make the choice to stay with you and risk it, or leave and try to find someone who can give her what she needs. But do not lie to her and then take the choice away from her.

10. Thanks annie24, Snny, mines, Waraqqa, faraday thanked for this post
    East4
    67... you own it to your girlfriend to take her predicament seriously and overcome your fears if you really see a future with her. If you love her, see a future with her and you want children with her in general, then what is your problem to father children in the near future? I have to tell you that there is no perfect moment for having children, there is no perfect time, if this is what you are waiting for.
    I would suggest you go to a therapist/close friend and discuss your own fears.
    Just to make sure you understand fully the tech. stuff, I would meet the gynecologist and discuss your girlfiend health condition ans possible alternatives.
    In any case do not allow your cold feet ruin your relationship and hurt the woman you love.

annie24
    Quote Originally Posted by mustlovedogs [Register to see the link]
    I'm generally in agreement with the other posters. HOWEVER...

This fertility thing is heavy. You say you want kids with her. Under what time frame? Because it could be now or never. If you think you could want them in 2-3 years, I would encourage you to sit down and think really hard if this is something you could do. Otherwise you may miss the chance - and so could she.
    Yes, I agree. Also, OP doesn't say how old he is. But it's worth thinking about their ages. If he's 40 and doesn't think he'll be ready for kids for another 10 years or so, then he's being unfair to the gf and himself. If he's a younger guy, then i understand being hesitant to have kids so soon, but still, I think you need to make a decision quickly, one way or another (either have kids now, try again in a year, or let her go).

13. Thanks mustlovedogs, agent thanked for this post
    Snny
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Batya33 [Register to see the link]
    There's also adoption.

Focus on marriage first before settling down with children.

Birdie
    How old are you and she? How long have you been together? Are you financially secure?

I don't think it's fair to bring a child into this world when your most enthusiastic statement is you could "suck it up". The child needs to be priority.

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
Top Threads
I don't know how to get through to my bf 22/M about how is family is using him.
My boyfriend of 3 years is having a lot of familial problems and I'm not sure how to be there for him or deal with them. First off, his parents are
boyfriend plays a lot of video games
About a month ago, my boyfriend went out of state and stayed a week at his friends house. While he was there, he non-stop played video games but I
boyfriend got angry and stormed off
So i was out shopping with my boyfriend. Firstly i said to him if he has too much work to do, then id happily go myself. He still insisted he didnt
Toxic relationship // venting
Sometimes writing everything out helps me get a better understanding of certain situations. I'm sorry for the long post, I do want some advice, but
My boyfriend thinks he is a psychopath help!
Hello, I have this bf that I met online. He thinks he is a psychopath. He now telling me this a couple years into us starting our interactions
Can't seem to accept my boyfriend for who he is
So where to even start, I am a 25 year old female and my boyfriend is 26. We live together and have been together for over a year. I do admit we
Honest Opinion from "Outside The Box" Please. Cause sometimes one could be Wrong
[COLOR="#FF0000"][SIZE=4]So please read through, cause I need an Honest Opinion to my Questions at the End, and the text is in full cause I don't

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
Where do you draw the line? GF's and guy friends
[SIZE=3][FONT=Helvetica]Hey guys, need some quick help on this one. Please help [/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica] [/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica]Yesterday my GF says
OMG he has a wedding date.
All, A couple of years ago, I dated a guy. There were things that were amazing but also horrible. A little over a year ago, we reconnected. He
HELPPP!!! Boyfriend broke up with me out of the blue
hi. REALLY REALLY NEED SOME ADVICE AND HELP. my boyfriend recently broke up with me out of the blue and we were dating for 2.5 years. everything was
Why does this bother me so much?
Hey guys. So gf of 7 years has left me for another guy again long story short and some of you know the long. So I did the unhealthy habit of looking
My girlfriend of 3 years just told me she is polyamorous
I have no idea how to feel about it. She assured me she didn't want to force it on me and could live monogamously with me but the thought of
Dealing with inconsiderate, selfish people from dawn till dusk.
Not sure if this is posted in the right place, but here it is. Lately my life seems to be about dealing with people who are inconsiderate. From
Toxic relationship // venting
Sometimes writing everything out helps me get a better understanding of certain situations. I'm sorry for the long post, I do want some advice, but
Ask For Advice