Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: She's desperate to have a baby but I'm not ready

She's desperate to have a baby but I'm not ready

Basically my girlfriend is desperate to have a baby but I'm not ready, I want kids and I want kids with her but I'm not ready and I don't know when I will be, the only problem is my girlfriend has got fertility problems and has been told she has very little time left, apparently she has a year at the most and even then there's no guarantee, it has become an issue recently and has upset her a lot, I don't know what to do and worried I'll lose her and what that means for us. I know this means everything to her and I don't want to take this from her but at the same time I'm not sure I can just go ahead with this when I'm not ready. I then worry that what happens when I want it as much as she does but time has run out? I don't want to loose her and fear I could, part of me wonders whether I should just suck it up and do it so I don't loose her but then I worry I will regret it and resent her.

happytown
    You are very clear that you're not ready. That's enough. Just be clear with her and take what comes. If you compromise everyone will be miserable eventually.

3. Thanks Hollyj thanked for this post
    Batya33
    Platinum Member
    If you're not ready, not 100% enthusiastic, then it's not fair to the child. Can she freeze her eggs and buy some time that way?

5. Thanks annie24, Snny, melancholy123, Fudgie thanked for this post
    annie24
    Quote Originally Posted by Batya33 [Register to see the link]
    If you're not ready, not 100% enthusiastic, then it's not fair to the child. Can she freeze her eggs and buy some time that way?
    I agree with Batya - I don't think you should be strong armed into this if you are not ready. Make sure you are using condoms. I'd hate to see her suddenly get pregnant without your being on board.

mustlovedogs

She's desperate to have a baby but I'm not ready

I'm generally in agreement with the other posters. HOWEVER...

This fertility thing is heavy. You say you want kids with her. Under what time frame? Because it could be now or never. If you think you could want them in 2-3 years, I would encourage you to sit down and think really hard if this is something you could do. Otherwise you may miss the chance - and so could she.

8. Thanks annie24, Waraqqa thanked for this post
    agent
    Do not mess her around when she asks you about children. Tell her bluntly you're not ready. She needs to be able to make the choice to stay with you and risk it, or leave and try to find someone who can give her what she needs. But do not lie to her and then take the choice away from her.

10. Thanks annie24, Snny, mines, Waraqqa, faraday thanked for this post
    East4
    67... you own it to your girlfriend to take her predicament seriously and overcome your fears if you really see a future with her. If you love her, see a future with her and you want children with her in general, then what is your problem to father children in the near future? I have to tell you that there is no perfect moment for having children, there is no perfect time, if this is what you are waiting for.
    I would suggest you go to a therapist/close friend and discuss your own fears.
    Just to make sure you understand fully the tech. stuff, I would meet the gynecologist and discuss your girlfiend health condition ans possible alternatives.
    In any case do not allow your cold feet ruin your relationship and hurt the woman you love.

annie24
    Quote Originally Posted by mustlovedogs [Register to see the link]
    I'm generally in agreement with the other posters. HOWEVER...

This fertility thing is heavy. You say you want kids with her. Under what time frame? Because it could be now or never. If you think you could want them in 2-3 years, I would encourage you to sit down and think really hard if this is something you could do. Otherwise you may miss the chance - and so could she.
    Yes, I agree. Also, OP doesn't say how old he is. But it's worth thinking about their ages. If he's 40 and doesn't think he'll be ready for kids for another 10 years or so, then he's being unfair to the gf and himself. If he's a younger guy, then i understand being hesitant to have kids so soon, but still, I think you need to make a decision quickly, one way or another (either have kids now, try again in a year, or let her go).

13. Thanks mustlovedogs, agent thanked for this post
    Snny
    Quote Originally Posted by Batya33 [Register to see the link]
    There's also adoption.

Focus on marriage first before settling down with children.

Birdie
    How old are you and she? How long have you been together? Are you financially secure?

I don't think it's fair to bring a child into this world when your most enthusiastic statement is you could "suck it up". The child needs to be priority.

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
Top Threads
Girlfriend planning to have gay friend sleep next to her in same bed
So my girlfriend is planning on having her friends over for a party in the next month or so and she does have limited sleeping space. Nothing about
BF controlling what I post
This whole thing seems so silly, it's embarrassing to even write out, but I'm torn here... My boyfriend and I are both in our mid-20's. So, call it
Feelings disrespected
My bf and I have been together a little over a yr now and when ever I try to talk to him about an issue he tells me to, "shut the F up". He threatens
Need Help Explaining Girlfriend's Behavior
My girlfriend and I have been dating for 5 months now and the past month of us dating has been fantastic. Every single day with each other has been
What to do? Help please...
I apologize for the long story in advance..My boyfriend and I have been together for almost two years now..we've known each other for about 4, but
Is he joking or putting me down?
Need some advice! My BF of 7 months jokes around a lot and sometimes it feels like he's putting me down. He kept saying that I "swiped on him first"
Relationship issues
I have been dating this guy for 9 months. Everything was amazing up to about a month and half ago. I was home on my laptop and he had been on his

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
I didnt know this was cheating until i saw how much it hurt him
So my boyfriend and I have been together 8 months. It's been pretty close to perfect over all until last weekend. We trusted each other before this
Interview Vibes
Hello, eNA! I have posted a few times about my career search - thank you all for the help! I've been having a lot more luck lately and have four
Ex from seven years ago married
My ex from seven years got married in November 2016 he began dating this girl eight months after dumping me.hiw have I found this out? By the
❌Did i just get stood up????❌
A few weeks ago this guy and i started texting. It was a pretty instant interest right from the start, on both ends. He kept telling me how
HELP My boyfriend blocked me after an argument
Almost 3 weeks ago me and my (EX) boyfriend that ive been seeing for about a year had a huge explosive and petty fight over him being selfish/ self
My wife has zero trust in me
So we have been married for about 8 months now, everything was fine prior to marriage. From the day we got married to today, it has been a living
21, in a relationship and sexually frustrated
I'm 21 (female) and I'm dating a 28 year old. Ive had my round of men before him so I know exactly what I like during sex and he's PERFECT. But what
Ask For Advice