Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: She's desperate to have a baby but I'm not ready

She's desperate to have a baby but I'm not ready

Basically my girlfriend is desperate to have a baby but I'm not ready, I want kids and I want kids with her but I'm not ready and I don't know when I will be, the only problem is my girlfriend has got fertility problems and has been told she has very little time left, apparently she has a year at the most and even then there's no guarantee, it has become an issue recently and has upset her a lot, I don't know what to do and worried I'll lose her and what that means for us. I know this means everything to her and I don't want to take this from her but at the same time I'm not sure I can just go ahead with this when I'm not ready. I then worry that what happens when I want it as much as she does but time has run out? I don't want to loose her and fear I could, part of me wonders whether I should just suck it up and do it so I don't loose her but then I worry I will regret it and resent her.

Boughtandpaidfor
    You are very clear that you're not ready. That's enough. Just be clear with her and take what comes. If you compromise everyone will be miserable eventually.

Batya33
    Platinum Member
    If you're not ready, not 100% enthusiastic, then it's not fair to the child. Can she freeze her eggs and buy some time that way?

annie24
    Quote Originally Posted by Batya33 [Register to see the link]
    If you're not ready, not 100% enthusiastic, then it's not fair to the child. Can she freeze her eggs and buy some time that way?
    I agree with Batya - I don't think you should be strong armed into this if you are not ready. Make sure you are using condoms. I'd hate to see her suddenly get pregnant without your being on board.

mustlovedogs

She's desperate to have a baby but I'm not ready

I'm generally in agreement with the other posters. HOWEVER...

This fertility thing is heavy. You say you want kids with her. Under what time frame? Because it could be now or never. If you think you could want them in 2-3 years, I would encourage you to sit down and think really hard if this is something you could do. Otherwise you may miss the chance - and so could she.

agent
    Do not mess her around when she asks you about children. Tell her bluntly you're not ready. She needs to be able to make the choice to stay with you and risk it, or leave and try to find someone who can give her what she needs. But do not lie to her and then take the choice away from her.

East4
    67... you own it to your girlfriend to take her predicament seriously and overcome your fears if you really see a future with her. If you love her, see a future with her and you want children with her in general, then what is your problem to father children in the near future? I have to tell you that there is no perfect moment for having children, there is no perfect time, if this is what you are waiting for.
    I would suggest you go to a therapist/close friend and discuss your own fears.
    Just to make sure you understand fully the tech. stuff, I would meet the gynecologist and discuss your girlfiend health condition ans possible alternatives.
    In any case do not allow your cold feet ruin your relationship and hurt the woman you love.

annie24
    Quote Originally Posted by mustlovedogs [Register to see the link]
    I'm generally in agreement with the other posters. HOWEVER...

This fertility thing is heavy. You say you want kids with her. Under what time frame? Because it could be now or never. If you think you could want them in 2-3 years, I would encourage you to sit down and think really hard if this is something you could do. Otherwise you may miss the chance - and so could she.
    Yes, I agree. Also, OP doesn't say how old he is. But it's worth thinking about their ages. If he's 40 and doesn't think he'll be ready for kids for another 10 years or so, then he's being unfair to the gf and himself. If he's a younger guy, then i understand being hesitant to have kids so soon, but still, I think you need to make a decision quickly, one way or another (either have kids now, try again in a year, or let her go).

Snny
    Quote Originally Posted by Batya33 [Register to see the link]
    There's also adoption.

Focus on marriage first before settling down with children.

Birdie
    How old are you and she? How long have you been together? Are you financially secure?

I don't think it's fair to bring a child into this world when your most enthusiastic statement is you could "suck it up". The child needs to be priority.

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
Top Threads
Struggling with hunting husband
Hey All, I'm having an internal struggle with myself and could use some words of advice. To start, I know people get all worked up about this
Jealousy? Self esteem and Lies.
Hi I'm new here and really don't know where else to turn. :( :sorrow: I'll be brief and all feedback is welcome. Long term relationship, 3 years
Girlfriend confessed some things that don't really bother me, but I fear she wants to dump me
So a little over a week ago, my gf of 2 years told me that she feels that she has compromised a lot of herself to be with me and fears for the future
Sex Obsessed Boyfriend Is Driving Me Crazy!!!
[B]My boyfriend has always loved sex. We have been together for over 2 years, but recently his love for sex has turned into more of an obsession and
Political Conflict
Looking for advice and people's experiences! I am questioning the relationship I am currently in. We have been together for several years and met
Priority?
Hi guys I really need help. I have been dating my boyfriend for over a year now and I love him so much, but lately I feel like there is no room for
Stuck between TWO MEN!
In a tough situation. I was with my ex-boyfriend for 9 months, letís call him ďJohnĒ. We have a lot of things in common in that we love animals, we

Featured Threads
What eNotAlone gave you?
I wonder mostly about long-time members who decided to be a part of this community. Has this forum enriched your lives, and if so, in what
How to end things with him
Iíve been dating this guy for 2 months. In the beginning he was very sweet and romantic, however I learned in the last month or so that he is
My ex bf told me he wants sex, nudes and me to loan him money until he's stable... Should I lend $?
Hello.. I am 22 I met my ex bf (21) 3 years ago in college. He dropped out of college after the first semester.. he didn't go to finals. He stayed in
How Should I have handled it?
My GF and I were together for about 5 months. Things were great except for some of my questioning her online activity which challenged her. All
My Ex Husband still berates me
Hello, first off I am not sure why I am on a forum but.. I need an anonymous outlet I guess because my friends and family all say the same thing
Yall ready for a messed up one...
Okay, so i cheated on my bf about 6 month ms into our relationship with a guy 20 years older then me at our work. And it was a rule that it was only
Iím at a really bad state of mind right now
Itís been a little over the month since the breakup, since then, heís messaged me 2-3 times about random topics (that I donít care about), and has
Ask For Advice