Finally deleted and blocked my ex....

Hi guys...

Yesterday was a great day at work. I went in and found flowers, cupcakes and a birthday card on my work station from my co workers..I was happy! went home and just posted the pic. No biggie.

Anyway, I saw an update from the ex that he had posted on my birthday. Just a pic from a few years ago...and I could see his ex before me had 'liked' it. They broke up five years ago, so according to him there is nothing there. It doesn't really matter.....it was enough for me to have the 'lightbulb' moment.

I just wasn't interested in doing it anymore.

I sat there for a good five minutes debating on clicking the 'block' button. So I just did it. Honestly, it doesn't matter because the reality is we are NOT really 'friends'....so I need to stop fooling myself.

I seriously doubt k will even realize he's been blocked for a good while. We had discussed Ftiming in a week but I am not reaching out to him. It's time to let go......for good.

Some people its handy to keep in touch, after all the bad/hurt feelings from a breakup have receeded. Others are better left in the past, with no good reason to talk again.

The thing is I was lying to myself. I am not his 'friend'...and to pretend to be is a lie. Period. Maybe now I have cut the final 'tie'.

Happy birthday, JA. I hope that this will become your best year ever.

They broke up five years ago, so according to him there is nothing there. It doesn't really matter.....it was enough for me to have the 'lightbulb' moment.

Yes! The guy collects exes, calls them 'friends' and tells current woman that they mean nothing. Who wants to be part of that pool?

You deserve to be devoted to someone who is equally devoted to you. Sure, that synergy and simpatico is rare--that's exactly what makes it special, and there's no need to settle for anything less. You can have all the 'friends' you want, and they can each meet different needs. So there's no need to keep someone in your life who does NOT offer you what you want. That's not a friend, it's just pain for no payoff.

You're starting this birthday off right. When you nurture and protect your Self, you'll generate enough love to go around, and this opens you to welcome love where it's reciprocal.

Head high.

I'm glad you blocked him. You gushed a lot about him when you were first dating (and after but my focus is on the first dating). Do you think that worked for you or would it be healthier for you to do less gushing up front and therefore take things at a somewhat slower pace emotionally/as far as how soon you get attached, especially if you are getting attached to someone you don't know very well -for relationship purposes that is - we might know someone as a friend but not how they would be in a relationship). Were any of the reasons things ended things you might have seen/seen more clearly if you had acted less gushy? Just something to think about and yes it is meant to be supportive, not meant to be "told you so".

I guess you'll have to block all his friends as well? I blocked my ex of ten years quite quickly after she dumped me last year, it speeds up the healing no end. Well done.

I don't think so. We only have a few in common...and I don't think it's fair to involve other people or to punish them.

Happy birthday, JA. I hope that this will become your best year ever.

Yes! The guy collects exes, calls them 'friends' and tells current woman that they mean nothing. Who wants to be part of that pool?

You deserve to be devoted to someone who is equally devoted to you. Sure, that synergy and simpatico is rare--that's exactly what makes it special, and there's no need to settle for anything less. You can have all the 'friends' you want, and they can each meet different needs. So there's no need to keep someone in your life who does NOT offer you what you want. That's not a friend, it's just pain for no payoff.

You're starting this birthday off right. When you nurture and protect your Self, you'll generate enough love to go around, and this opens you to welcome love where it's reciprocal.

Head high.

Lol....exactly!! When I saw his ex like his post...my immediate thought was...'OMG that's going to be me in another year'...oh yeah and on a side note my ex told me he saw this ex right before Christmas at HER suggestion...to see his son. She used to be his kids Ive skating coach. That's how they met. So....just a little TOO convenient. By the way..I do NOT believe he still has a thing for her. I think it's possibly more her. Either way, I don't want to be like HER in a year. It's sad.

One more thing....is that Kurt gets his kids every other weekend. He works the other weekend. We had discussed Ftiming next weekend when he's at work. I can almost guarantee he expects ME to call or text him next weekend about it. In addition, I doubt he knows I unfriended him yet. So.......it will feel kinda good to let him wait. And wait......and wait......lol.

Oh and I do NOT expect him to reach out to me. Which is a good thing. This needs to be over.

One more thing....is that Kurt gets his kids every other weekend. He works the other weekend. We had discussed Ftiming next weekend when he's at work. I can almost guarantee he expects ME to call or text him next weekend about it. In addition, I doubt he knows I unfriended him yet. So.......it will feel kinda good to let him wait. And wait......and wait......lol.

Oh and I do NOT expect him to reach out to me. Which is a good thing. This needs to be over.

I agree -- it does. I think back on trying to be "friends" with my ex and how much it hindered me from really, truly moving on, especially since we really weren't "friends" in the traditional sense anyway AND I was putting forth all the effort to maintain the pseudo-friendship. Now, I AM still friends with my ex on Facebook, but he hasn't posted anything in probably a year, and I'm at the point where I don't care what he posts anyway. In fact, his current girlfriend tagged him in a post a few months ago -- it came up in my feed -- and I didn't care. BUT....if it WAS bothering me, and I did still care, I'd delete him.

Good for you, JA -- keep moving forward!

Archived