Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 215 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting back together really does happen!

wishingonastar

Smile Getting back together really does happen!

I look on this forum a lot to see if there are any new stories about people getting back together with their ex's. I do it just so that I can have some hope, and I really hope someday I can post my story on here to give others confidence that having hope pays off. In the meantime, I am going to make a list of actual stories of people I know that broke up and got back together. Please post your stories here too and we can put a little bit of cheer into this forum.

1. My friend was dumped by his girlfriend of 4 years. They were broken up for a year and a half and he tried everything to get her back. One day he was with his friend talking about her and she called him right then to talk about something trivial, and he went over to her house. They got back together and now they are engaged.

2. My friend's sister and her husband broke up for four years and now they are married with 3 kids.

3. My friend broke up with her high school sweetheart when we were 19 and they got back together a few years later and have been together ever since.

4. My other friend broke up with her high school sweetheart when she was a sophomore in college and they just got back together and now they live together.

5. A friend of my ex's was so sad about a girl forever, talked about her all the time when we were out at the clubs, couldn't believe they broke up, etc....now they have been back together for over a year.

6. My friend and her boyfriend dated for a few years, broke up for 9 months, now they are engaged. She says their relationship is better than ever now they are back together.

7. My friend was hung up on this guy forever, he would go back and forth and never commit, now they are living together and she is going to have a baby. They are really happy and in the end it worked out great.

That is just some of the stories I know off the top of my head. Please post any stories of reconciliation that you know of so that we can have some cheer in this forum.

dangletsbang
    My mom and dad were seperated when I was young [around two] for over a year..they got back together and just recently had their 23rd anniversary. :]]!

Jonboy582
    My sister and her husband broke up for about a year before they got married. Now they have 2 kids and married for 11 years. Although they are now getting divorced, but I think the message is still the same lol.

EQD
    not all get togethers end in success.
    my and an ex dated for 6 months in high school, 3 years later we got back together for a year and a half and it was the most decietful and immature relationship i have ever had the displeasure of being in.

SapphireNoir10
    My mum and dad broke up briefly just before they got married and they are very happy togehter now.

But thats so rare.

Most break ups end in...break ups or a miserable relationship in my experience.

IMAbadman

I got back together with my EX. I still love her the same.

jpete
    Why are some people posting negative comments here, this thread is about success stories, sure we all know its a possibility that we may not get back together but there are hundreds of other threads in this forum for that, so post those comments in that one

8. Thanks Astrogirl, hrtbrokengirl thanked for this post
    EQD
    cant control who posts what.

justletgo07
    Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jpete [Register to see the link]
    Why are some people posting negative comments here, this thread is about success stories, sure we all know its a possibility that we may not get back together but there are hundreds of other threads in this forum for that, so post those comments in that one
    Having hope is good, but so is being realistic. I think its good to mix some reality in with the hope. People spend months holding onto hope because they are too afraid to face the reality that their relationship is over. Threads like this are great, no doubt, but I think they sometimes do a disservice, especially to the newbies.

11. Thanks feeling22, shiner501, HealingAngel42 thanked for this post
    SapphireNoir10
    I was merely sharing both sides of the spectrum. Sometimes it works out great sometimes it doesnt. I dont think its fair to give people unrealistic expectations.

Page 1 of 215 1234 ... LastLast
Top Threads
No contact help
It's been 2 weeks since we broke up. My heart is still as broken as it was on the first day. I've tried doing stuff to distract me but nothing helps
Advice please on the best way to respond to first contact from an ex after years
Hi, I would like some advice on how to respond to an ex who just got in touch with me about 2.5 years after we broke up. She broke up with me, I
A week of no contact and I want her back
It's been a week of no contact, 4 years together and go to the same church. Should I contact her? It was not really mutual she broke up with me for
Opinions on risky text message
To keep things simple, my ex and I broke up 6 weeks ago, after near 4 years together. I'm 19 she's almost 21. It came as a shock to me, even though
6 year relationship ended...no cheating involved.
Started dating in our final year of high school. Survived college and work together but then got too comfortable. I may have taken her for granted
Hurting...and scared
Hi everyone, I apologize ahead of time for this incredibly long post but for everyone to truly understand the situation, I felt it was necessary
Seeking closure and wanting my ex back.
I'm looking for some closure on my breakup and feel my ex and I can get back together after we both get our life back on track anyway Here goes

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
Dating younger guy 24 years difference
I am 50 yrs old dating a 26 yrs old guy. We been dating each other for a couple months things are great between us. He told me he will always be
Boyfriend gets very angry if I mention his ex, is this normal?
Hi everyone! My boyfriend and I have been dating for almost 5months. He broke up with his ex and a year and a half ago. 7 months after they
Should I let my boyfriend stay overnight with his friends?
Hi there. Firstly thank you for reading this post. I am a new member to this forum, and also will soon be new immigrant of the UK so basically there
Is this abuse?
Iím desperate for some advice. Iíve been with my partner for nearly 2 years and everything has been ok, except from when he drinks. I really do not
Is there hope for me?
Me and my girlfriend of two years had been talking about moving in together lately. We didn't actually go look at any place in person, but browsed a
Bringing up trust issues at the start of a new relationship? My situation...
Haven't been on these boards since my last break up a couple years ago, and here I am about to begin a new relationship with feelings from the last
Whats my next move - Dating a girl fresh out of a relationship
Hey guys, So heres the deal. Met a girl in class and I asked her out. Her answer was "maybe" because she didn't want to say no to me but just
Ask For Advice