Open Club  ·  88 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

Introduction Thread

ShySoul

I remember this being done long ago, but I think its time its get brought back up.

We post and see each other everyday. But how much do we really know about each other? Who is the person behind the posts? Well know we can all find out. Please step up to the microphone and introduce yourself. Say anything about yourself that you want. Name? Age? Location? Why you came to the site? Why you stayed on the site? Hobbies? Occupation? Favorite movie? Favorite candy? Are you in love? Anything you want us to know about you so that we can get to know one another better in this little family of ours.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My name is Agnieszka, but you can call me Aggie.

I'm 21, turning 22 in 3 short months. I live in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan and I'm here for school. I'm from Toronto, no, it's not the centre of the universe, and no Torontonian feels they are. It's more of an outsider's view of those who reside in the biggest city in Canada.

My life is for animals. I'm not just an animal lover here, I have dedicated my life to the animal cause. I am quite passionate about it and have my morals and ideals when it comes to animal care and pet "ownership".

I'm laid back, and have quite a different view on life than most. I'm shy, but outgoing when I'm comfortable.

I came to enotalone when I was having a breakdown about my schooling and where I was going in life. I've stuck around because I feel I can add a fresh and alternative view on people's problems.

Yes, I'm in love. Never thought it was possible for me

my names sarah.

age- 16

locaton- phoenix( but hopefully not for long)

came here because my boyfriend was a member, but stayed because i think this sight genuinly lives to help people, and thats very refreshing to me.

hobbies- lots of rambling about politics, foreign relations, weird science facts, and anything else i learn that day

occupation- tutor of a really sweet and not so much stubborn anymore, 12 year old girl

favorite movie- way too many, but anything with stevem segal. i'm an action flick type of person ; )

favorite candy- shock tarts

and yes, in love.

anything else you'd really have to know about me, is i hate all confrontation, i'm very opinionated politically but iwill keep an open mind, and i'm pretty good about understanding most philosophy.

My names Linzi, i'm 17 (18 in July) and i'm from the North-East of England.

Found out about this site from a friend who has posting his problems. I joined because of boyfriend problems. I stayed as reading through other people's problems and thinking about solutions (and reading other people's solutions) have helped me and will help me if i ever have these problems.

I'm a student in my last year of school, either hoping to go to university in september or get an apprenticeship. I really don't know though...i'm pretty confused.

I'm really laidback (no not lazy and love to be around people (being alone makes me lonely).

Most people don't know this but i actually ENJOY reading...i also love travelling, seeing my friends and family, going shopping (i'm a self confessed shopaholic).

No, i'm not in love anymore i guess hoping to find it again soon though! x

I've recently turned 20 and have been single all my life. I would like to one day to get into a relationship, but for now I just want to concentrate on my studies. I am majoring in Japanese and minoring in Literature. I'm working on a manuscript for a novel and hope to publish it after a few months of editing. I also want to be a literary translator and recently got a Resident Advisor (in charge of dorm floors) position and am happy about that. I hope to study abroad in Japan. I also am quite, shy, intelligent, responsible, worrysome, and am a very kind person.

I am Grant, but you know me as The ShySoul (or that guy who licks bread).

I am 53 (sure it says 23 but I act and feel 53).

I am in love, and she loves me back. Despite my supposed lack of experience, I never needed it to know what I am doing on matters of love, romance, sex, and anything else in that regards.

Who I am is a soul, a spirit dedicated to helping others, serving people. I stand for the disenfranchised, those who do not have a voice of their own or who are silenced under the weight of the louder majority.

I pledge myself to making this world a better place.

I love each and every person that I come accross, and I want each person to read this to know that if you need anything, you can always let me know and I will be there for you.

Hey, well think I told ya all my name already, it's pretty easy to figure out. It's Celia (hence Ailec, written backwards, lol). Oh my age, well I'm gonna turn on Friday, this week. I'm form Miami, Fl. but someday I wished to visit my native country, which is located in Lima, Peru. Can't wait till I one day meet my other relatives who I left when I was just 4, thereforeeee, I hardly know anything about Peru. Oh, the reason I came to this site cuz, at first it was at of fun, I had really nothing to do and my seniortitis last year was getting so badly, that I woudln't do my homeworks and my GPA went down. Then I heard that cheating on relations was so overrated, that's when I first started writing baout it on this site. At first it got me mad, I was 'Damn, how can someone claim to love somebody and then replace him/her with someone else, getting attention elsewhere", it just got me piss, till I heard too much that I was like "Oh well it'll always happened, never disappear completely. Then when I got kinda tired writing through that forum, I started replying on other topics, which got me interest. In fact, it got funner learning about something else other than cheating. And well the major reason I'm cming to this site everyday is cuz it has become my own home. There're lots of time I can't share everything with my parents, my communications are limited with them and it's like I always feel like throwing them attitude and slamming the door, they bored me to death, but here, I'm with a smile. The hobbies as of now are working part time on the bookstore next semester, finally I get to eran my own money, playing some checkers, though not as much as before, wishing to be someday a checkers champion, studying at Florida International University. My major is psychology, yea it's cool, you would get to analyze people and see what goes on through their mental process. As far as my occupation, it'll be working and studying, then off course I do also hang out with my friend Jenny and talk to few people on link removed.

If there's anything I would die for right now is to watch all of the "Friday the 13th' series and also Halloween, oh yea, horror movies rock. I like it when Jason does come and slahes people with my machete, but even better is with his own hands, oh yea he's more brutal than Michale Mayers or Freddie Krugler. By the way, who ever won in the "Jason v.s Freddie Kruegler" movie, who's the winner, Jason or Freddie?

As far as candies, I'm attracted to all types of chocolates, bubble gum, jollie ranchers, air heads, and off course my favorite is "Blow ups and the gum inside (those lollipops).

Oh have I ever been in love? Not really, but I did have my crushes, and yes I was so offended by one of them in my freshman year, boy I can tell you I wanted so badly to get one of my math books and actaully throw at the stupid jerk, who turns out, wans't shy, but an immature idiot. Oh well, like it always say "There're more fishes on the tank", it both applies to men and women. But yea it'll be cool having in fall, I can imagine how that intense connection works, and whiel at the same time, it's been proven to be a type of craziness based on a study. But guess wut, guess we are all crazy after all then.

One last thing I would like to share about me is that if there's something that really annoys me the most is superfial, hypocritical, and snobby people, why the need to show off and act like something you're not. If it's to constantly seek attention, then place an advertisement saying you're in need of attention, or might as well do a commercial and show up on T.V. Then I also hate weak people, who are constantly telling how they feel hopeless, terried, and keep on telling the same story just to wait for the mircale to happen. When in reality they're a strong people, and instead of wasting time telling the same story over and over again, they should get cousneling and therapy. You gotta put forth the effort yourself, not magically wiat for it to happened.

my name is michelle... i live in ontario. i'm 37 and a proud mom of two girls, ages 10 and 5. i'm currently a stay at home mom. i hope to go back to work once my youngest is in school full time. i left my job in early 2000... my mom cared for my oldest since she was born and was always just the two of them.. my mom died in 1999, i took some time off , put her in daycare for a few months but things were really hard for her. she was having lots of problems adjusting so we thought it would be best for me to stay home for a while with her. i ended up having another baby...so it turned into a few extra years off for me then first planned.. i worked in a bank, 10 years total.... two different banks.

i've been with my husband for almost 19years and have been unhappily married for the last few years or so.. for lots of reasons but i'm a happy person in general or i try to be... if anyone read my post they would know that i did try to cheat once around the time i first joined, tried to meet someone online......well now i'm back again because that just didn't work out.. so i thought i would do this for a while....do some re thinking.. all i know is that i'm not good at dating or trying to get to know new men.. i also know i shouldn't be doing that, i'm married........so please save the comments.. my husband has been working in the same field since the day i met him, IS tech...2 different company's, been with this one for 11years or so.

this is my secret sight.. i talked about things on this sight to a few people, said i was giving advise but i never told them the name or how to find it... i love life and want to live life to the fullest but can't do as much as i would like right now.... maybe one day. i recently became a spark leader... i take my youngest daughter and my niece with me although they shouldn't be starting until sept.. one is 4 and mine just turned 5 in feb.. so their just going now because i'm there and to make sure they both like it for next year.. my oldest daughter is in her first year as a girl guide and has been in guiding since the age of 5, a spark... she also does karate but doesn't enjoy it as much as guides.. i'm working hard on redoing my kitchen so that keeps me busy some times... lots to do still. i like to read, i love antiques, collect crystal and other things.. i like going for walks, to the park or just hanging out on my little back deck when it's nice out. i love the outside world in everyway. i love dancing and get togethers with family... most fun is at my uncles place which we haven't been to in a while. their building a new home on the same property, tearing down the old place. hopefully it will be ready for family parties soon.. my family is big on singing, playing the guitar...doing outside activities. i'm also trying to quit smoking and i drink too much coffee. i spend way too much money, shopping and going to bingo...i need a cheaper habit.. oh speaking of which, i must go.... it's almost bingo time.

have a good night

My name is Jake. I'm 19, and I currently live in Seattle (WA), where I have lived my entire life. I live with my parents, and I have no siblings. My life is fairly simple, but doesn't mean that it isn't interesting. Music is my main interest (playing, practicing, listening, writing), but I enjoy doing other things, like playing tennis, basketball, and baseball catch (during the spring and summer months). Inside the house I am not much of a TV watcher, but I am all for late night TV -- Leno, MTV, VH1, and anything else I find interesting that is on at night.

My name is Emily, I am almost 18, I'm a student studying Art, Philosophy and Drama at college in the UK.

Think most people already knew that much!

Theres a lot of wrong in me, but Im almost viciously honest. I have fairly severe Bipolar Disorder. I live with my parents and my 12 year old sister. I can play piano and clarinet.

I have been in a relationship for 6 months this coming Saturday.

I feel like I have virtually nothing right now. I want to get to a stage where I feel I can write a decent positive bit of stuff about me, not just try to stop myself killing myself. I spend most of my time feeling depressed, ugly and inadequate. When Im manic, Im a different person. Entirely. This site has saved my life on at least 2 nights. It restores my faith in human nature to see people giving each other advice, all for no payment.

Hi I'm Mark! I am currently 21 years old (I had my 21st around three weeks ago!). Currently I am living in Sydney, Australia... which I know is a long way away from some of you guys in the States and Canada! I am a very nice, gentleman type guy... The one you never thought existed hehe!

I remember I had found out something upsetting about my girlfriend, I thought she had totally forgotten about me and was 'cheating' on me in a way, which I later found over I was overeacting and wasn't true at all! So I went for a run about 300m down the road to clear my head, I was really quite upset at the time! When I returned I went to google and somehow found this forum! I needed someone to listen to my problem at the time, and offer some decent advice.

I found this to be quite a proffessional, respectful and family type forum which I like. There isn't any judgement like the outside world, people will offer you advice on anything without hesitating!

I don't really have enough time for hobbies at the moment as I am studying full time for my CPL which is my Commercial Pilot Licence, although when I can I love going to the movies!

Favorite Movie? - Mr Deeds, Duplex... usually anything with either Ben Stiller, Adam Sandler, Vince Vaughn or Owen Wilson!

Are you in love? Yes I am! Am I dating that person? No! Are we both single? Yes... are we working on it? Yes!

Have a great day!

ill make this short

im *****....im 18...FROM BOSTON(the greatest city in the world) Yah...i got some problems...big 2 are WOMEN and family(mostly my father)....i usally make the WRONG choice.....and when i do that i come to this site and complain about my problems...then u guys give me advice...i dont listen and i do all over agian......

• 4 months later...

Hi,

Can't remember why I've deleted previous post

I'm from Belgium (D'oh) and I'm studying my first year at the university.

My hobby's are reading, sport (running, sometimes tennis, sometimes skiïng, walking, other sports I practice a little less..), this forum , listening music, being with good/close friends, family, until little more than half a year ago my boyfriend was about the most important thing for me, and he still is very import to me.., writing (poems, sometimes), photo's, drawing (long time ago),.. als religion could be important to me..

I also try to learn from my faults and I do quite a lot of thinking, I try to keep a good health, helping people (who deserve it..),..

If there are any questions..

All the best,

Susan

My name is Faith.

My birthday is in 21 days,I shall be 14,yay

I have two cats and one cute cute dog.

My hobbies are collecting cds,

My occupation one day shall be working with animals.

Im 5'9ft tall,tallest girl in school (not counting the teachers)

Not in an relationship,I hope to be in love one day

Im adopted,lucky me!

I love thunderstorms,

My favorite colors green,

Thats pretty much it.

Name: Spugly Fuglet (I know but im just worrded they will come for me if I give my name out)

State: Marred

Hight: 5'10''

Hair: Blond

Eyes: Hazel

Live: Buy the sea just out side London

Work Place: London Soho

Job: Make CG VFX for TV,ADDS and FILMS

Belifes: Taoisem

Disabilatys: Dyslexic

Hobbys: Painting, Film, Film making, Motorbikes, walking up hills, Bikes, travaling. Reading, in fact learning

Study: Doing a PhD

Notes, Im over wait, work mad hours, sleep 6 hours a night, love my job and my wife and hope to have kids soon, I go to china some times as well.

My name is Anna. I'm 21 and from rural Georgia.

I'm pursuing a degree in philosophy. And i'm taking a class next month so I can get my real estate license.

I came here b/c my boyfriend of one year called me his ex-wife's name and I needed some outside input on the situation.

I am very VERY much in love with my boyfriend with whom I am in a LDR with.

• 1 month later...

My name is Emma, I am nearly 20 years old, engaged and getting married on Saturday 7/7/2007.

I recently moved to Perth, Western Australia, finally leaving the remote and hot town of Port Hedland behind me after six long years.

I enjoy poetry, Star Trek (what's not to love about Seven of Nine), Simpsons, Futurama, Family Guy, Robot Chicken, and working my butt off for no money!

Oh and I'm thinking about playing WoW again after nine months of not playing... but I miss it so much! Miss my druid...

• 2 years later...

^ Hi Jen, people here call me Frost... I spen my time scaring the piss out of Cleveland and paying homage to the Lords of Darkness.

Lol... I knew this thread had to be ancient because I saw ShySould started it and I haven't seen him in eons. There was a rumor circulating that he and I were the same person at one point.

Hey Jen. I'm also Jen. I'm 21, will be 22 in January. I attend Grand Valley State. This is the first semester that I haven't completely sucked at college. I live in an off-campus apartment with my little cat Cairo (which is why my screenname is what it is. Cairo is not a human child like most think).

I'm really into art & design, language, culture.

Yep. Nothing overly interesting.

Really? Gotta love the ena rumor mill..

Archived