People don't brush their teeth ?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I brush my tongue, the roof of my mouth, and inside my cheeks and lips. Sometimes even my teeth.

Worked with a biker once who actually had GREEN sludge on his fangs. Fortunately, he chain-smoked Camel non-filters, which kept the rot smell down. He would also wear the same pants for a month without washing them, but that's a gagger for another thread.

"Psycho", if you're wondering...

...Worked with a biker once who actually had GREEN sludge on his fangs. Fortunately, he chain-smoked Camel non-filters, which kept the rot smell down. He would also wear the same pants for a month without washing them, but that's a gagger for another thread.

"Psycho", if you're wondering...

Ergh!...I guess we need a thread on extreme unhygienic habits. Any takers?

lol. Always before sex. Or being close to another person.

To tell the truth, it is one of the strongest motivators for me to brush and floss. Otherwise I might be content to wait until that gross taste occurs in the mouth.

Since cutting down on java I brush twice a day, rain or shine, and the whole flossy flossy routine. Got one of those *cool!* water picks that also shoot water in between the teeth and gum line. They rock! Check em out.

I am rather tolerant of poor hygiene in others. To a point.

I hate when people don't care about washing their theets. I wash mine in the morning, after lunch and before bed every day! And I use floss in the evening.

One thing is shure, I could never be friends or date a person who lacks personal hygiene.

And unclean teeths are a very big sign of not having developed habits of personal hygiene. Oh, and uncleaned ears! makes me wanna puke.

I start thinking how their bathroom looks like, when was the last time they showered, is the parfume here to smell or to cover the smell, how often they change their sheets, do they wash their feet, for how long they wear the same underwear and socks.....

Blaaaah....disgousting.

Once I dated a guy who was 30 and didn't find washing teeths very necessary. What a dork. I dumped him really really really quickly!

I don't understand how some people don't either! And despite what they think, gum is NOT a decent substitute!

You know what that does? It gives you minty fresh morning breath, which is equivalent to smelling a rose dipped in molded cheese.

Would you notice the scent of the rose? Neither would I.

Everybody at my job is a chronic tooth brusher. I thought it was just me, but the bathroom is usually crowded like there's a toothpaste party or something. I personally have to brush my teeth after every meal. It's a good habit to be obsessed with.

I could never brush my teeth in any kind of public place, but I always carry floss with me -- and gum, naturally -- for those trickier times. And I swear that no matter how fancy modern toothbrushes are, with self-times and all, nothing can beat a regular old-fashioned one.

And I can't go to bed without following my brush-&-floss routine with a minty rinse...

And again, today I'm sitting in class next to this girl with morning breath at like 12:30 in the afternoon! I never came accross this until the past few months! It's like all over the place!

And it's not just bad breath in general... not to be gross, but you know how it's just distinct... icky. I feel bad but at the same time it's just so uncomfortable and even overwhelming.

Over anything though it's so weird that now all of a sudden it's like everywhere I go, someone didn't brush their teeth yet and I have to hold my breath until I can get fresh air. Or bury my nose into my sleeve, like today.

And again, today I'm sitting in class next to this girl with morning breath at like 12:30 in the afternoon! I never came accross this until the past few months! It's like all over the place!

And it's not just bad breath in general... not to be gross, but you know how it's just distinct... icky. I feel bad but at the same time it's just so uncomfortable and even overwhelming.

Over anything though it's so weird that now all of a sudden it's like everywhere I go, someone didn't brush their teeth yet and I have to hold my breath until I can get fresh air. Or bury my nose into my sleeve, like today.

Don't yo think you're over-reacting

Overreacting about having to smell something foul for a 3 hour class? Don't think so. I think to not mind it would be very strange.

Well, you know how it is with smells- the brain automatically shuts out the bad smells so that you don't smell them after a few minutes of exposure to them. So my guess is that it will all be in the mind the rest of the time. Try standing near a garbage dump to prove this for yourself.

Btw, I've never heard of 3h classes

Any chance you could be pregnant? In the first trimester women are super sensitive to certain smells.

I'm pretty sure I'm not pregnant. And that is bull-- you can't get used to someone's bad breath. And I don't know where you live, but I don't stand near trash cans to get used to the smell? And yeah, college, 3 hour studio classes.

It's so funny that this is like, being defended. People with nasty breath, I'm suddenly overreacting... Why even bother? Obviously it's something that really bothers me and is absolutely disgusting.

I use those interdental brushes instead of floss from instruction from my dentist. They seem a lot better than floss, sort of like pipe cleaners.

My teeth I keep clean but they are a touch yellow because I smoke. People often make the mistake of thinking that teeth are white, they are healthy, or if teeth are slightly off white they are not healthy.

Also a lot of people brush their teeth furiously all the time, but omit to floss/brush inbetween their teeth, and also they brush too hard with that scrubbing motion. Both things not good for the gums. Even if you brush your teeth a lot, if you fail to brush inbetween your teeth/slightly under the gumline then there will be much more food etc. stuck there than on the surface of your teeth.....

It's a funny social phenomena - to think that a hundred years ago, one of the least of people's concerns was each other's breath.......