Would you date yourself?

Lily04

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love this question. I would definitely have a long term relationship with myself, we would have a lot in common, ie, simiar goals, values, love of travel. Dating wise, I think I can be difficult at times, so dating would be tricky.

Why are you difficult at dating?

I don't really know. I don't know what would be compatible with me or even what I'm looking for.

I mean, I could list attributes/flaws and say that I'm attracted or repelled by these but I don't know myself well enough for that either, I guess.

Some thoughts:

If it came to having a partner that understands me, that would be amazing...so I'd definetly date myself for that.

The things I find especially unattractive in others are things I probably struggle with myself. I can be a bit stubborn. I have a bit of a temper, although its quite infrequent. I am really nice to myself when it comes to describing my flaws, lol.

I also tend to be attracted to NEW things. I already have a basic understanding of myself...I'm not sure if I could fascinate myself unless my myself had lived an entirely different life then I did and just kept the basic genetic make-up stuff. I like mysterious men and I'm not mysterious.

I do like that I could share the same interests with myself and that we'd be able to double my intellectual pursuits and have the same goals in mind.

Date myself? Sure. Have a full-time relationship? That's another story. I don't think I could do it. I'd like me a lot, I'd have a blast with me, but I wouldn't have the patience to deal with me as a relationship partner 24/7.

But maybe I'm being too hard on myself, I don't know. My boyfriend says I'm just fine. But I just don't see how some of the quirks I have don't get on his nerves.

I don't think I can answer this question. I cannot look at me through the eyes of a woman. If you took my brain right now and put it in a woman's body, I think I'd be a lesbian, because I am attracted to women. But, it's simply not something I can answer. However, probably not, I think we'd be too alike.

I can't help but notice more females are making this self-claim than the guys on this thread. Women sure seem to have gotten a lot more, er, confident about themselves sexually.

Lol remember that post about women and there morals in the early 21st century. I find this rather intriguing now that you put it this way. I'll wrangle up a link

Well, I'd probably be willing to go on a few dates with myself, but I'm a very strange person, and recognize that it would be difficult to find someone whose personality matches my own.

My girlfriend doesn't seem to mind all my odd idiosyncrasies, but I know that I'd probably end up getting on most people's nerves eventually.

That would be so boring. I would agree with everything I said all the time. OMG no way.

The only benefit I can think of is that I'd know exactly how to get me off every time.

Oh wait, I actually read the question now. If I were someone else...maybe. I think I'd have a bit to offer. Always room for improvement though.

I'm really kinda shocked at all the responses saying that you guys wouldn't date yourselves. We all have our faults, but you gotta love yourself in spite of what you think are your weak traits.

Orlander

Awww...thanks for the boost, Orlander! Nevertheless, I gotta say...yeah, I value myself and think I have some great qualities. But I would be seriously deluded if I didn't acknowledge that I bring some trying quirks to the mix. Heck, I get on my own nerves, sometimes. There is a reason why at 37, I've never been in a longer relationship than a year and a half. I hate to admit it (and if anyone holds it over my head in subsequent threads, I won't like you anymore! but it's the truth.