Come along for Losts online dating adventure!

13 hours ago, lostandhurt said:

Received 3 messages but once again no one I am interested in. Ages 62, 59 and 56 if you are interested. The 56 year old is pretty and seems nice but she is looking for a man that is way more religious than I am. 

Can we get more context why you think she is looking for a man that is more religious than you are?

Also, you haven't mentioned this, but are you trying out any meetup groups or in any recreational clubs that have women your age?

• Like 2

All the best Lost!

With  Match I have found to have a pretty good range of women who aren't on carousel.   Though it sounds like you have found the hyper-religious types too, nothing wrong with them per se, but they can be a little too intense about it. Which makes the "get to know you conversations" a little rocky, when you only hear about Scripture (I say this as a Christian).

As I'm sure you know, it about numbers and getting into a rhythm of recognizing the time wasters.

Get out there on those electronic streets and win yourself a heart!

• Like 1

When I first joined Match I got only one match a really far distance away ! In my major city it made zero sense. I couldn’t figure it out!  I looked more closely at my match. Then realized I’d clicked on my religious background BUT by accident indicated I’d only date a Mormon. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
6 hours ago, LootieTootie said:

Can we get more context why you think she is looking for a man that is more religious than you are?

Also, you haven't mentioned this, but are you trying out any meetup groups or in any recreational clubs that have women your age?

Sure no problem.  She is looking for a man to attend church with her and bible studies.  I have attended church years ago but it just isn't for me.  I have dated self proclaimed Jesus freaks with them telling me they had no problem that I didn't believe as they do only for them to eventually slowly pushing it on me.

I do a lot of volunteering, have friends I meet for drinks, very open and social everywhere I go and I am not shy and will chat up any woman I find interesting.  I may try the meet up thing in the spring, good idea.

Thanks

Lost

• Like 2

Day 4

I sent out 2 messages this morning pretty early and didn't get a response.  These two were a little younger than I usually date but they sure were my kind of pretty and had great profiles so why not right?

One message today from a woman same age as me.  Pretty and slim but once again a super devote woman with God or Lord used in her two paragraph profile 7 times.  Mind you there is nothing on my profile stating anything other than Christian/other. I am not apposed to organized religion but it simply is not for me. She is looking for marriage as well which I never say never but it isn't a want or need for me for my life. She sent me a like and then a super like too.

2 other likes besides the one above but not for me.  One 52 the other 53 which she is pretty but is looking for someone with God in their heart. Reading her profile I can tell I am not for her.

Onward and upward, till tomorrow.

Lost

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, lostandhurt said:

Mind you there is nothing on my profile stating anything other than Christian/other. 

Is there another option for "religion"? "Christian" may be a buzzword for these types that they latch on to. Try change it to something neutral if there's an option for that?

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Andrina said:

Perhaps make a brief mention in your profile that you are a spiritual person but you're not the sort who's interested in organized religion.

I'd make it more nuanced if that is true because I'm getting from the OP that he doesn't want his life to revolve around church but he would attend services/believes in god, etc.

• Like 2
13 hours ago, Wiseman2 said:

Is there another option for "religion"? "Christian" may be a buzzword for these types that they latch on to. Try change it to something neutral if there's an option for that?

I think my selection is pretty close to who I am.  I think there is a selection "spiritual but not religious" or I could put nothing at all I guess.  

Lost

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Andrina said:

Perhaps make a brief mention in your profile that you are a spiritual person but you're not the sort who's interested in organized religion.

I think there is a selection for something like that but I feel like my selection is who I am.  I will rethink it though. 

Lost

2 hours ago, lostandhurt said:

I think my selection is pretty close to who I am.  I think there is a selection "spiritual but not religious" or I could put nothing at all I guess.  

Is there a "Nominal Christian" or something like that? Means you are a believer but just not really into Christianity. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, lostandhurt said:

Day 5

One of the women I messaged yesterday morning replied with a nice message. I replied just now so we shall see how it goes. Kind of surprised I got the reply to be honest since she is 14 years younger than I am.

Going to read some profiles and possibly send out a message to someone new.  I will check back later this evening and let you know.

Lost

Because maybe.... she's only 4 years younger....

• Like 4
2 hours ago, smackie9 said:

I don't get it...if they have that much god in their heart and looking for a godly man, why don't they go on the Christian dating sites?? 

Some sites have very limited traffic in some areas, they have to cast a wide net and see if there is anyone compatible. It's kind of like saying "why don't guys who like brunettes only go to BrunetteDates.com"?

Lost,
Glad you are getting some responses, regardless of how things work out this is great news!

• Like 3
5 hours ago, lostandhurt said:

Day 5. One of the women I messaged yesterday morning replied with a nice message. I replied just now so we shall see how it goes. Kind of surprised I got the reply to be honest since she is 14 years younger than I am.

That's great 👍. You're right about being yourself and your descriptors. I just thought if you were getting an unusual amount of bible study women, you could change the category. But as long as you're getting good matches, the descriptors you've chosen aren't going to keep away women you're interested in. 

• Like 2
10 hours ago, smackie9 said:

I don't get it...if they have that much god in their heart and looking for a godly man, why don't they go on the Christian dating sites?? 

I have talked to women about that very thing and all of them told me Christian Single or what ever was horrible with a bunch of men pretending to be devote to get "dates" and other men who were extremely old testament stuff looking for a woman willing to be subservient on everything. Others told me they only saw old fat bald guys...  

I am sure it works for some but not the ones I spoke to.

Lost

Day 5 continued.

Chatted back and forth with the woman that replied to my message. Seems nice and we have a lot in common according to her profile but I have a feeling it will not get to the meeting in person stage or even talk on the phone.  I hope I am wrong though...

Received a new message from a 61 year old woman but she is not my type in the least.

3 likes with one of them that lives over 300 miles away, not sure of the point of that really. 

Didn't send out any new messages today so I will do some reading in morning and see if I find a profile that interests me.

Lost

• Like 1
17 hours ago, lostandhurt said:

I have talked to women about that very thing and all of them told me Christian Single or what ever was horrible with a bunch of men pretending to be devote to get "dates" and other men who were extremely old testament stuff looking for a woman willing to be subservient on everything. Others told me they only saw old fat bald guys...  

I am sure it works for some but not the ones I spoke to.

Lost

Maybe OLD isn't really good idea then. From old fat guys to guys that just don't do religious, doesn't leave them with any options. 

Day 6

I woke to no water so fixing the well took priority over looking for someone to message.

Chatted back and forth with the same woman several times while I was editing video for the channel. I do most of the question asking but she has asked a few and I prompted her to ask me anything she wished and she did.  She replies pretty quickly, faster than I do since I was pretty busy. Chatting right now as a matter of fact.  I told her since everyone's comfort level is different that I am open to talking on the phone or continue chatting on the site to get to know each other better. She pretty much let that pass on by and didn't comment on it and kept on chatting like I didn't offer it up.  That is my answer I guess.  

Received one other message today from another 61 year old but she lives an hour and a half away.  I tried that years ago and although it wasn't impossible, it certainly wasn't easy either. 2 more likes as well.

The 45 year old just asked me a question unprompted, well there you go.

If I have water in the morning I will definitely read more profiles and see what I see.

Lost

In regard to the woman who seemed interested in chatting online, but not very interested in chatting over the phone...maybe it would be best, after a day or two of online chatting, to ask for a date/coffee. 

I'm not very good on the phone, but am a better conversationalist in person. At least, that's how I would feel. 

Best of luck to you.

• Like 1