Should I tell his wife?

Maybe you need to reflect on what "available" means to you. Married men who give you attention, profess love and promise you the moon and the stars are certainly not available.

If someone is in the middle of a divorce, has been in separation at least for 1-2 years and doesn't live with their spouse - okay then, could be available, depends.

Yikes, you work together? Please, consider looking for another job, this is a terrible situation.

• Like 1

I have been looking, but I love my job and I earn really good money. I'm really hoping to be out of there by the end of the year, but I haven't find the same job or similar money. I've even considered moving area, but right now it's not really an option 

1 minute ago, the naive said:

I have been looking, but I love my job and I earn really good money. I'm really hoping to be out of there by the end of the year, but I haven't find the same job or similar money. I've even considered moving area, but right now it's not really an option 

You don't have to remove yourself from your own life for him. You just have to remove him. But please keep in mind that he's a liar and has already told you and his wife a mountain of lies, so telling her a few more is what he'll do. He'll just throw you under the bus to save his butt. 

• Like 1

Don't tell his wife.

While I don't disagree that she has a right to know that he cheats, it is no doubt going to keep you embroiled when you really just need to keep the door firmly closed on this chapter.

The ensuing drama could also affect your professional life. 

It won't be worth it for you. 

• Like 2

I think I might have to. I can't cope with him in and out of my life, and if we continue working together, that's always going to happen. 

My life feels like it's destroyed whether I tell her or not. At least I did feel I was doing the right thing by telling her

3 minutes ago, the naive said:

I think I might have to. I can't cope with him in and out of my life, and if we continue working together, that's always going to happen. 

My life feels like it's destroyed whether I tell her or not. At least I did feel I was doing the right thing by telling her

No it’s the wrong thing. You chose to take the risk of having sex with a married man. 

2 hours ago, the naive said:

Having taken a step back, I can see he was just using both of us. She never deserved any of this

You dont say. And you didnt think of it when you had an affair with her husband. But when you did finally realize that her husband wont leave her for you. So now you want to create drama for him by telling it to his wife. Not because you in particular care about his wife but because he didnt leave her for you. So you want a revenge.

Keep your schemes for yourself. He took you for a ride, accept that and move on.

• Like 4
44 minutes ago, the naive said:

No I haven't told her.

I really hope you decide against that. Won't do any good, it will only bring chaos - to you, too.

Often times behind a cheating husband, there's a wishful thinking wife who'll gladly take any story about a "crazy stalking woman" chasing after her beloved faithful husband before being willing to open her eyes. You never know. And you shouldn't care, especially in the shoes you chose to wear in this situation.

It's really really complex to say what's better. Some people prefer to know, some not. Sometimes there are kids involved, sometimes not. Some marriages can navigate through infidelity, some not.

I think it's quite bold to decide what's better for someone else. Maybe if you're not involved and it's a friend who've told you they prefer to eventually know - then yes, maybe you tell.

But when you didn't care in the first place and you were involved it's so much worse - your motives can rarely be the right ones and you can't know if you're doing anyone any good. So better not.

• Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, lostandhurt said:

Having been cheated on I can tell you I would have wanted to be told.

Your motives are the only thing I question.  Why do you feel the need to tell his wife?

Revenge? To have him to yourself? Hurt him like he hurt you?

Obviously his wife's feelings didn't bother you during the affair so why now?

One of the biggest problems with our world these days is when wrongs are not exposed to the harsh light of day.  People regularly say don't cause trouble, let it go and let them figure it out, it is none of your business and on and on. This is the problem because as of right now his wife doesn't get to make the choice to stay, go to counseling, kick him out, divorce or what ever because she is being lied to, put at physical harm from possible STD's and wasting her life with a liar and cheater.  

You harmed her by banging her husband and you continue to harm her with your silence. 

If you all of a sudden want to do the right thing for the right reasons then tell her and take your lumps for your transgressions and deceit but don't be surprised for what happens to your life in the wake from the truth coming out. 

Simply saying you are doing it to relieve your guilt is short sighted even if it is true.  I would tell because my conscience would haunt me knowing someone is being hurt and I did nothing to stop it, close friend or stranger they are still a person that should know the truth.

Lost

I don't want revenge, if they stay together, that's her choice, but it should be her choice. 

The past couple of months, he's make all of our decisions for us, which I allowed. And I do wonder if he had stayed away, maybe I wouldn't be considering it now.

I naively and stupidly believed we would be together, and that we were working out if we worked as a couple before he left, and then he was going to leave, with minimal damage. 

I know, I'm going to have to accept everything that comes my way, and I more than deserve it. I do just as much damage to myself.

I do wonder how I would feel if he cheats again and I could have told her. She, if she wants to, could leave him and find someone who actually loves her. 

No matter what I do, I feel like it's the wrong thing

19 minutes ago, JoyfulCompany said:

It's really really complex to say what's better. Some people prefer to know, some not. Sometimes there are kids involved, sometimes not. Some marriages can navigate through infidelity, some not.

I think it's quite bold to decide what's better for someone else. Maybe if you're not involved and it's a friend who've told you they prefer to eventually know - then yes, maybe you tell.

But when you didn't care in the first place and you were involved it's so much worse - your motives can rarely be the right ones and you can't know if you're doing anyone any good. So better not.

He's decided for all of us. I just can't let go of this feeling, I should tell her, but I do see everyone's point. 

29 minutes ago, Batya33 said:

I don’t think the affair partner should be the one - perhaps anonymously ?  I just don’t see her being the right messenger. 

I'm not sure how to do it anonymous, and educated guess would tell them it's me

• Thanks 1

So - he decides to go into the sunset with you - the heck with his wife, she's left without a choice, no problem.
But - he decides he wants to stay with his wife - what an awful cheating weasel, his wife must know, it must be her choice.

Sorry, the justice in this is beyond me, i.e. another way to say the intrusive feeling you have to tell her may not be coming from a good place.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, the naive said:

He's decided for all of us. I just can't let go of this feeling

It seems like the person you're most angry with is yourself for falling for this. Interaction with either of them will not repair that. You'll have to work on yourself, rather than continue to inject yourself in his marriage. That's just another way to extend the drama.

• Like 3

What is the reason exactly why you wish to tell his wife?  If not for revenge, then what?  To help the wife realize?  I would not do it.  He's going to lie through his teeth and try to mollify her, to save face.  He should be dealing directly with his wife if he's unhappy for whatever reason.  Of course, no, some avoid issues & sneak around.  Like your case.

I would pack up and leave them be, move on with your life.  Tell not to contact you ever again on the future.

He's a total waste of your time.  MM are famous for hot and cold.  If it was that bad, he would have been divorced by now.  You've been hoodwinked!