Will unfllowing him make him miss me?

JadeJudy

So we weren't really a couple, but we broke up in a messy fight (he was absolutely in the wrong). I haven't talked to him in 6 weeks and he unfollowed me on everything. Except his second account on instagram, where he only follows me and the account I have with my friends. I noticed that lately, he is active on that acc sometimes, so I think he's checking up on me. (Also on messenger which he normally never uses) I don't want to focus on him anymore (gosh I miss him) but I really don't want to ruin the chances of him coming back. Will he start to miss me or will he just be mad? also, he won't get notifications when we go live anymore etc. so will he forget about me?

34 minutes ago, JadeJudy said:

I don't want to focus on him anymore

Good idea to focus on yourself, friends, family, friends, summer job, classes, courses, sports, clubs, groups and interests.

Yes. Delete and block him and ALL his people from ALL your social media and messaging apps. He was a jerk to you so don't play games or chase .

Is his the same boy?:

Yes, unfortunately it's him haha. I know I shouldn't care anymore but it's so damn hard. I feel like there is no real reason for us to stop talking. He was the jerk, and I'm willing to make up if he just reaches out, says he's sorry. (I hate stupid fights and drama like this) 
I want to believe that he is an idiot and that he just doesn't care but he confuses me. Like a week ago, he watched our live on insta a few times and our story. And now he's checking up on me. So I don't know what he wants and it's driving me crazy haha. I just don't want to scare him away. 

No I just have never cared about anyone like this. I never talked to a guy so much. First time, that's why I'm all like this. (and I hate it) It's just that I think there must be a reason for his behaviour. He clearly doesn't know how to handle his emotions. I never understood people who kept defending their stupid boyfriend, now I'm one of them, dammit. It's just hard for me to imagine that this was it. All those fun times gone and now he's just someone I used to talk to, that seems so weird. Like why doesn't he want to make up? Makes no sense.

26 minutes ago, JadeJudy said:

All those fun times gone and now he's just someone I used to talk to, that seems so weird. Like why doesn't he want to make up? Makes no sense.

Because he doesn't care about you the same way you care about him. 

He doesn't have the same feelings that you do. 

1 hour ago, JadeJudy said:

Yes, unfortunately it's him haha. I know I shouldn't care anymore but it's so damn hard. I feel like there is no real reason for us to stop talking. He was the jerk, and I'm willing to make up if he just reaches out, says he's sorry. (I hate stupid fights and drama like this) 
I want to believe that he is an idiot and that he just doesn't care but he confuses me. Like a week ago, he watched our live on insta a few times and our story. And now he's checking up on me. So I don't know what he wants and it's driving me crazy haha. I just don't want to scare him away. 

That's not the least bit confusing -you're choosing to confuse yourself. A person who wants to be with you in a romantic relationship with serious potential will make that clear by his words and actions that are simple and direct- no need to read into a thing or track social media.  He will treat you with respect, like a creature unlike any other, he will say to you "would you like to have dinner with me on Saturday night?" or something that simple, plain, direct.  Because a person who wants another person to know he or she is interested in dating them doesn't want to risk the other person getting snapped up by someone else in the meanwhile because he wasn't simple and direct.  He would never ever want you to have to guess at his intentions towards you.  

I agree there is too much negative history here.  Move on and no you can't make him miss you by antics on social media.  Respect yourself by being honest with yourself. 

2 hours ago, MissCanuck said:

Why are you standards so low? Do you have poor self-esteem?

I ask the same question as Ms. Canuck.

2 hours ago, JadeJudy said:

Like why doesn't he want to make up?

Why would YOU want to make up with this type of individual. 

You met this guy once and he treated you with complete disrespect.  I don't understand why you are doing this to yourself!

I can't understand why you would want someone like this in your life.  he is not friend material either.

Block him and address your low self worth.

3 hours ago, JadeJudy said:

No I just have never cared about anyone like this. I never talked to a guy so much. First time, that's why I'm all like this. (and I hate it) It's just that I think there must be a reason for his behaviour. He clearly doesn't know how to handle his emotions. I never understood people who kept defending their stupid boyfriend, now I'm one of them, dammit. It's just hard for me to imagine that this was it. All those fun times gone and now he's just someone I used to talk to, that seems so weird. Like why doesn't he want to make up? Makes no sense.

He wasn't a bf, as you met once.

6 hours ago, JadeJudy said:

So we weren't really a couple, but we broke up in a messy fight (he was absolutely in the wrong). I haven't talked to him in 6 weeks and he unfollowed me on everything.

Now leave at this..

He is no good for you... you don't need any of this.. and yes, the only way to get over this is to NOT follow him, no contact.

It's been 6 weeks.. good! Keep moving ahead.

Be around someone who DOES truly fancy you & appreciate you and who you can actually get along with!  

Let that immature guy go.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/20/2021 at 7:40 AM, JadeJudy said:

I've learned in life that no matter what people tell you, you'll do what you want. Maybe it's not your time yet. You're holding on to hope that things will get better.

Fortunately for some people, they reach their limit and cut ties on their own. I'm guessing you haven't reached your limit yet, so cutting him off now, would be hard for you.

I have advice, but I'll refrain from giving it. But I can say that I empathize with you and hope someday you'll come to learn more about healthy relationships. And learn that you don't need to play games to get someone's attention. 

It's a learning process and you'll get there. I truly believe that.

Cheers 

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you all truely for the advice! Even though I didn't always listen 😛 In these months I've learned a lot about relationships (that it isn't as perfect as I pictured it) and about myself. It was terrible but I guess everyone has to go through it. At least I can relate to heartbreaksongs more now, right? Hahaha

@Mona Lisa You expressed that beautifully and I think you're completely right, I've already learned so much and I will continue to do so 🙂 

I'm not over it yet (gosh it takes so long) but I know my worth. I didn't deserve this and I will be more careful with my heart in the future. 

So thanks again and if one of you ever wants to vent about anything, you can always message me!

Archived