The Vaccine

Hollyj

I am thrilled the vaccine is here.    We will not see death tolls increasing, people standing in food lines, or people losing their jobs and homes.   

Looking forward to a normal and  great 2021!

I hope that people will get vaccinated so that we will see an end to this nightmare!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Rose Mosse said:

I hope that you are okay and comfy and on the tail end recovering. I am so sorry. 

Thank you.  I just got sick a couple of days ago but so far I've been lucky to have only a moderate case.  I'm hoping it doesn't get much worse.

However, I will be sent to the end of the line so to speak for the vaccine, but I'm fine with that.  Get it to the people who really need it first.

I agree with you, Bolt. I am so glad you are doing okay. Keeping you in my thoughts. I just checked out your journal too. 

I will also get the vaccine as soon as it is available but I reckon I will also be continuing to hermit up. Life will not change for me for awhile and I'm completely okay with that. Wishing all of you a speedy recovery.

15 minutes ago, Hollyj said:

Oh my goodness.  How bad are the symptoms?   

Wishing you a speedy recovery!

It's like a bad flu.  Which means I have been pretty lucky so far.  My cousin had to be hospitalized and put on oxygen.  I hope it doesn't get much worse.

Thanks for the good wishes 🙂

53 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

It's like a bad flu.  Which means I have been pretty lucky so far.  My cousin had to be hospitalized and put on oxygen.  I hope it doesn't get much worse.

Thanks for the good wishes 🙂

The flu can be awful. too.  I am sorry about your cousin.  How are they?

12 minutes ago, Hollyj said:

The flu can be awful. too.  I am sorry about your cousin.  How are they?

She was able to go home a little over a week ago.

My family has had 6 people get the virus that I know of. I really hope people follow safety protocols to try to keep other healthy. We got it through community spread, people not wanting to wear their masks. 

I would love for no one else to get sick because this is no fun.

12 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

She was able to go home a little over a week ago.

My family has had 6 people get the virus that I know of. I really hope people follow safety protocols to try to keep other healthy. We got it through community spread, people not wanting to wear their masks. 

I would love for no one else to get sick because this is no fun.

Were they in large gatherings or not wearing masks?  How did so many get sick?

The holidays should be joyous, but  year is going to be scary.   Folks need  to hold back on the celebrating, as there  is always next year.

I'm sorry that you are so sick.

1 hour ago, Hollyj said:

Were they in large gatherings or not wearing masks?  How did so many get sick?

The holidays should be joyous, but  year is going to be scary.   Folks need  to hold back on the celebrating, as there  is always next year.

I'm sorry that you are so sick.

No.

We did not gather. We wore masks. We did not cause this to happen to ourselves. That is a misconception,  that whoever catches the virus must have done it to themselves by not following safety protocols.

We caught it because others chose to roam around unmasked and spread it to unsuspecting people.

Just now, boltnrun said:

No.

We did not gather. We wore masks. We did not cause this to happen to ourselves. That is a misconception,  that whoever catches the virus must have done it to themselves by not following safety protocols.

We caught it because others chose to roam around unmasked and spread it to unsuspecting people.

There was no judgement in that question.  I know that it only  takes one to be a spreader  I am sorry that they had not masked.   It is a shame that many still deny the necessity of masking.   

2 minutes ago, Hollyj said:

There was no judgement in that question.  I know that it only  takes one to be a spreader  I am sorry that they had not masked.   It is a shame that many still deny the necessity of masking.   

Your questions did come across to me as accusatory. I'm glad that wasn't your intention.

And yes, that is the root of much of the problem, too many people view masks as an intrusion on their freedom instead of a way to help others.

24 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

Your questions did come across to me as accusatory. I'm glad that wasn't your intention.

And yes, that is the root of much of the problem, too many people view masks as an intrusion on their freedom instead of a way to help others.

Not at all.   I have had several friends who have caught Covid and  they did not get sick from large gatherings.   Damn thing is so easy to pass.  It's scary. 

How preventing a deadly virus falls into people's freedoms is beyond me.   This is life and death, people should be proud to wear a mask to protect others.  Really disgraceful that this has become political.

5 hours ago, boltnrun said:

That sucks 😕. Have you done contact tracing to try to determine where it originated?

Hopefully you and your family are doing well. How long after being symptom free do you need to isolate?

To answer everyone, community spread. So no way to contact trace because everyone we encountered is a stranger.

People getting through the front door of a store, then whipping off their masks, people just pulling the neck of their t-shirts over their mouth and calling it a face covering, things like that.  Impossible to pinpoint who and where exactly. 

Community spread is a thing!  The vaccine won't help those who have already died because others were selfish.

On 12/15/2020 at 11:25 AM, boltnrun said:

To answer everyone, community spread. So no way to contact trace because everyone we encountered is a stranger.

People getting through the front door of a store, then whipping off their masks, people just pulling the neck of their t-shirts over their mouth and calling it a face covering, things like that.  Impossible to pinpoint who and where exactly. 

Community spread is a thing!  The vaccine won't help those who have already died because others were selfish.

Or the nuts who believe it is a hoax.  

On 12/14/2020 at 10:34 PM, Hollyj said:

I am thrilled the vaccine is here.    We will not see death tolls increasing, people standing in food lines, or people losing their jobs and homes.   

Looking forward to a normal and  great 2021!

I hope that people will get vaccinated so that we will see an end to this nightmare!

Yes, Holly and yes again!  The sooner the better.  I've reached a point where if I could get it by putting down money, I would!  I am so so fed up.  

As for the lunatic fringe, well, they'll always be around.  I am beginning to think the ditherers are worse!  I get: "Are you not afraid of the vaccine?", or "I think I'll wait to see how the vaccine affects others".  They try my patience so sorely.  

Archived