Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Anxiety Help - Journal

boltnrun

Yeah, this Covid is no fun.  We're all sick in bed.  Feels like a bad case of the flu.  I'm  hoping I don't develop breathing issues because I REALLY don't want to go to the hospital.  Not because I fear catching Covid (ship already sailed...) but because I've been hospitalized before and you get no rest at all.  Plus, I think the hospital beds should be reserved for very, very sick people.

My primary care doctor is going to call me tomorrow morning for a phone consult.  I presume he'll decide if I need antibiotics or other treatments.

People, please practice safe behaviors!  This Covid is terrible.  You do NOT want to get it!

• Thanks 1

I'm starting to feel a bit better. I'm hoping I am starting to turn the corner.

I'm worried about my brother though.  He by far has the worst case of all of us. He was feeling quite bad yesterday. And it's strange to me because he exercises regularly and is a very fit man in his mid 50's. It just goes to show being fit and relatively young doesn't always help with regard to this virus.

We're going to be pushing our Christmas celebration back a week or so. We certainly don't want to take the chance of possibly infecting our kids.

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

I'm starting to feel a bit better. I'm hoping I am starting to turn the corner.

I'm worried about my brother though.  He by far has the worst case of all of us. He was feeling quite bad yesterday. And it's strange to me because he exercises regularly and is a very fit man in his mid 50's. It just goes to show being fit and relatively young doesn't always help with regard to this virus.

We're going to be pushing our Christmas celebration back a week or so. We certainly don't want to take the chance of possibly infecting our kids.

I'm glad you are feeling better -and yes I've heard of widely varying cases of it within the same household!  I hope he feels better soon.

17 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

Thank you everyone.

My chest still hurts some but everything else is gradually getting a bit better each day. My brother is feeling better too. I think my nephew is getting retested tomorrow. Hoping he's in the clear.

So glad you are starting to feel better. ❤️

Today is the first day where I feel almost OK.  The thing that had been worrying me the most is the stabbing pain in the right side of my chest, which I am pretty sure is caused by fluid in my lungs.  But today that pain is so minimal it barely even bothers me.  Fatigue is still there, but I hear that will last a few weeks.

I've heard of people starting to feel better and then backsliding.  So I'm not getting my hopes up that it's gone.  I will keep taking it easy.

One thing that does irk me is people who keep citing the death rate, as though it's acceptable or OK.  Well, tell that to the people who have lost loved ones.  Explain to them that the death of the person they love is "acceptable" or "not that bad" and see how they react.  Tell my cousin who was on oxygen for 10 days in the hospital that Covid is "not that bad".  Tell my poor brother, who continues to struggle.

"Not that bad".  Give me a break.

I just found out one of my friends in my previous home city also has Covid and apparently she is miserably sick.  That sucks.

I want to get the Christmas gifts I bought wrapped today.  Also have a grocery pickup scheduled.  Doing laundry too, and want to do some cleaning.  But I must remind myself "Don't overdo it!"

Hi!  We are hoping to be turning the corner.  We all tire very easily but that's to be expected. My brother is finally feeling a bit better.  I'm glad because he was by far the most sick and I've been worrying about him. 

He and my nephew just went to try to buy a tree since they are finally out of isolation.  I remained behind because I still have two days left of my quarantine.  I hope they are able to find one.  It would make them both happy.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

• Like 2
8 hours ago, boltnrun said:

I am feeling better today.  I even went to the grocery store today (following safety protocols, of course).

I am getting re-tested this evening to make sure I no longer have Covid. I want to be sure before the kids come visit this weekend.

Really glad to hear this, Bolt. I hope you and your family continue to get better!