Open Club  ·  91 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

Emotional support group Covid19

Seraphim

It's already come to that, it's just going to get worse because stupid people don't keep themselves home. Have you seen the videos of all the arseholes on the beach in Florida... a state that has not closed down it's restaurants and bars. People are selfish... they are going to go where they can mingle and that is why the Gov. should shut down all entertainment venues.

That incensed me!!! The video. Today I told my son I was going to delay his usual consequence for misbehavior (docked from screen time) because I had my window of opportunity to leave and do my power walk -our small workout room in the building closed yesterday I don't think because of "crowding" but rather so the maintenance staff don't have even more cleaning to do. I get it.

I got some bad news re: work and some assignments. Basically, we are anticipating getting absolutely slammed and trying to manage sick nursing home patient at a nursing home, can't send to hospital, hospitals too full. I told my boss I'll do what I can to help, if they need to staff.

If what they are preparing for happens, we are going to have a lot of dead people. There will be more people crashing than I will be able to help and people are going to die. I hope it doesn't come to that.

Stay safe. Hugs.

WT? is wrong with her?

Stay safe, bolt.

Thanks, you too. I'll be returning to work tomorrow. My company is implementing stringent social distancing protocols but there is really no way for us to be completely apart from one another. We're in a closed up building and breathing the same air. We share equipment and restrooms. The other day I placed a seat liner and then sat on the toilet seat and someone had peed all over the seat, probably because they were "hovering", therefore causing the very thing they were trying to avoid. It was disgusting. But, to work I have to go!

ewwww... bring lysol wipes with you and wipe your keyboard, phone, desk etc down and take some to the loo with you (heh, that rhymes :))

If I could find some wipes to buy I would.

Fortunately, my company has been supplying us with wipes, disinfecting spray and hand sanitizer. I forgot to check the seat before I sat down so that part is on me. The women I work with frequently pee on the seat because they hover and don't clean up the messes they make, so I should have checked.

Hope it's safe to brag a little about two ways I emotionally supported others today (this is a safe space for that right??)

First, I mailed a birthday card to my son's former teacher, who posted on Facebook that she had to cancel her 6 year old's bday party this weekend because of the virus -and she thought a card could cheer her up.

Second I plan to be part of a volunteer effort at my place of worship to telephone older members weekly who live alone to check in, make small talk, ask if they'd like to hear from someone in charge at our place, etc.

"Bragging" but also sharing because I really like these think out of the box innovative ideas!

My family is under quarantine. My daughter has a classmate who tested positive. My husband potentially has COVID through his job. We are awaiting instructions to go to a testing center. Everyone cannot be in the same room, and somehow I am expected to telework while dealing with family matters

My family is under quarantine. My daughter has a classmate who tested positive. My husband potentially has COVID through his job. We are awaiting instructions to go to a testing center. Everyone cannot be in the same room, and somehow I am expected to telework while dealing with family matters

Hugs. My praying everyone will be OK.

Stay safe, Hope you and your family are ok and stay ok.

Sending you and your family all the very best.

Oh my! I hope you are all tested negative.

So how do you all feel about NFL coaches, politicians, movie stars and pro athletes being able to get tested just because they feel like they're coming down with a cold or were in an area where people have the virus, but us regular folk are being told we can't get tested unless we have a fever of at least 101 degrees and are having trouble breathing?

So how do you all feel about NFL coaches, politicians, movie stars and pro athletes being able to get tested just because they feel like they're coming down with a cold or were in an area where people have the virus, but us regular folk are being told we can't get tested unless we have a fever of at least 101 degrees and are having trouble breathing?

I think maybe it has to do with knowing for sure they are all in constant and unsafe contact with so many other people? In our city you can't get tested unless you have actual symptoms but honestly I'm not sure what that means. I hope you are feeling ok!!

I think it's ridiculous, the lack of tests. I'm a healthcare worker with a vulnerable population - I should get tested if I have symptoms. Yet we don't have enough tests. I'm told if I get sick, to call work and call a hotline and stay home.

People like me and the elderly/immunocompromised should be getting the tests, not celebrities in their big mansions who just want something to tweet about.

I think maybe it has to do with knowing for sure they are all in constant and unsafe contact with so many other people? In our city you can't get tested unless you have actual symptoms but honestly I'm not sure what that means. I hope you are feeling ok!!

I just find it frustrating when I read about elderly people who are told they can't get tested because their fever isn't high enough. They are sick but not sick enough apparently. However, an NFL coach who chose to attend a public event last weekend and thought he might be coming down with a cold was able to get tested. He wasn't experiencing severe symptoms, yet was able to be tested immediately. It's concerning because those (like me) who just have a runny nose, some chest discomfort and a scratchy throat and headache can't get tested. I have no fever and I can breathe just fine, but who's to say I don't have a mild case? Or that thousands of others could have mild cases but can't get tested?

I can stay home from work and have no paycheck (I missed a day and a half this week already trying to be responsible, but my boss would really like to see me come back because he's had to run things in my absence...) or I could go in and possibly be around people who are carriers since there are over a hundred of us in the building at any given time.

I'm not a worrier usually but I would hate for me or anyone else to unknowingly be getting others sick.

I just got notice we'll be working from home until 4/15 and maybe as long as 4/30.

It's a massive adjustment, to say the least. Outside of not being able to go anywhere on your free time, now being housebound during our working hours will be a little mind bending. I'm not a good homebody.

Still trying to take it all in. . .

On a side note, I see it's already having an impact on my relationship. His wish has always been to have me more available. Now that I am he's nervous looking for a reason to leave. Trust me, I get watching me tied to a laptop, sequestered to my dining room isn't exactly how he imagined it. I gave him several reasons to leave today. He was antsy and pacing. He finally conceded and left. He returned within minutes with flowers and left again.

This will be an adjustment on so many levels.

I decided to stay out of work again today. My nose is still running and I have some chest pressure, but that seems to be due to my acid reflux since I can breathe fine and I have no fever or cough. I cannot expose my coworkers to cold symptoms. I feel irresponsible instead of responsible since I seldom miss work and we are super busy. But I cannot frighten my team or possibly give them a cold.

I decided to stay out of work again today. My nose is still running and I have some chest pressure, but that seems to be due to my acid reflux since I can breathe fine and I have no fever or cough. I cannot expose my coworkers to cold symptoms. I feel irresponsible instead of responsible since I seldom miss work and we are super busy. But I cannot frighten my team or possibly give them a cold.

I think employers for years and years have made people feel guilty for being sick and force them to work. Now when it’s dire people still go to work because it’s been so engrained into their heads. It’s sad. But I am one of those people too.

Oh gosh B, please put yourself first and take care of yourself.

These are some really weird times, for sure. Just finished binge watching Love is Blind on Netflix, while simultaneously working at home the past two days.

That and I wallpapered one of the walls in the bathroom that's being remodeled.

I may go to the hardware store to buy paint for my bedroom now, before they lock that down too.

79bef755224fe179c65469f669cb3dea.jpg