Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Life in the Driver’s Seat (extended)

I think my husband has thought of way to put our tree in the house. It involves moving all of our Daycare stuff onto our dinning table and moving our end tables into the daycare space and spreading our sofas apart more to fit the tree in a corner of the room. It might work. 🎄🤷🏻‍♀️ Either that or no tree I guess. Only two times in my life we didn’t have a tree. Once when we were on our own with mom and had no money for a tree. I made one from egg cartons and tinsel. This year is an immensely hard year without our family patriarch and many have forgone Christmas this year , like my son . My son was raised in the same house as his papa from birth until he was almost 13. Papa was a father figure when his dad was away for 5 years on various courses and duties and deployments. He was a major major figure in the life of everyone. Even though he was a tiny man his presence was larger than life. 

We are all trying with everything we have to make Christmas the best we can for mom’s sake . As we have found this year you never know who is missing from next year. 

The emotional and mental struggle is real for many just to celebrate or even to try and get a tree up. 

He would want us to keep going and keep trying and be the family we are . So onward bravely S’s and D’s.

• Like 1

Bless him for finding my Christmas ornaments. They were outside 😱in the shed. So, now my tree is up. Just a few more things and it will be “ christmasey “ but not really Christmas this year . My mom bless her has mustered enough emotional strength to put out some Christmas things, not her tree because she is far too crippled. My step dad used to get everything out and she would place everything where she wanted it . She was the Queen of Christmas. 

My husband and I got our boosters yesterday. I felt sick and had a headache last night. It made me feel like I was going to throw up. Today I just have a sore arm. My husband is just a little lethargic. Pfizer booster is the full amount again , the . 5 mg. Moderna is the half dose. We got Pfizer. My husband got Moderna for his first two doses. For me they took my health card to record my dose and I now have my third dose recorded on my QR code. My husband as a military member doesn’t have a provincial health card but Blue Cross. They took his Blue Cross card and sent a proof of vaccination to his government email. They are not charging anyone even if you have no documentation because the federal government has already paid for the doses. My MIL got hers yesterday too. My mom I have booked for the 14th of January. 

The provincial booking system opens at midnight to everyone over 18 for boosters . My son outright refuses  I will just leave him for now because he does have 2 doses and isn’t 6 months passed the last dose until January. They will probably make the third dose mandatory to eat in restaurants and attend anything and he might cave . 

8 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

My mom bless her has mustered enough emotional strength to put out some Christmas things, not her tree because she is far too crippled. My step dad used to get everything out and she would place everything where she wanted it . She was the Queen of Christmas. 

Aw 😞

• Like 1

I remember when I started my job at the Military Family Resource Centre and Daycare I had to be tested for TB and require proof of vaccination for childhood diseases. Well of course I didn’t have that I was 47 years old my mother didn’t keep any records of that they were lost long time ago. My birth certificate and vaccine information was lost when I was five years old. So I ordered a new birth certificate when I was 16. 
They asked me to go get re vaccinated at the health dept. 7 nurses refused to do it due to my age. They said as I was born before 1970 I had either had the disease, been vaccinated or exposed more times than they could count. I finally got the 8th nurse to do it. She said as an adult getting this vaccine after probably being vaccinated as a child I could get significantly sick. She said if you do blame your work place not us. I had no issues at all thankfully. 

My Christmas nails . I went to my salon back in my old town and had supper with my bestie and her daughter. My old boss was at the restaurant too. Was nice to see her. The girl who does my manicures and pedicures went to high school with my son and is the great niece of my bestie . 

AF578318-7CBC-424D-A266-A22EDAB51A59.jpeg

• Like 2

My brother broke up with his gf Christmas Eve. Apparently she invited her ex husband over Christmas Eve. She always spent Christmas Eve with my brother the last 6 years. She does dumb shyte to make him jealous now and again but my brother is not that kind. Well, this time she has gone too far. My brother had been paying her rent for a year because she wasn’t making enough and he just bought her a 3,000 couch for Christmas. 

She knows how vulnerable everyone is this Christmas, especially my mom. So she hurts my brother which in turn devastated my mom. She had chest pains all Christmas. 

She kept texting all of us Christmas Day, my brother said to ignore her and please keep out of it so we did. She text my mom and me and my husband. She text my brother all day and I could see him trying not to cry. 

Will your brother consider blocking her?

Hopefully he returned the couch and stopped paying her rent.  She can get her ex husband to pay her rent and buy her a new couch.

Sorry, I don't take kindly to people who use others (especially people who love them) or people who play stupid jealousy games.

2 hours ago, boltnrun said:

Will your brother consider blocking her?

Hopefully he returned the couch and stopped paying her rent.  She can get her ex husband to pay her rent and buy her a new couch.

Sorry, I don't take kindly to people who use others (especially people who love them) or people who play stupid jealousy games.

Unfortunately, he doesn’t talk much he is very private. After what his wife did he never wanted another woman he went out with near his family. He FINALLY let this woman in and started bringing her around. She even spoke at my step dad’s funeral. My son had taken to her and even bought her a Christmas gift. She asked my mom if she could call her mom because she didn’t have one. And then this ….

And he had even signed a divorce agreement with his soon to be ex wife last week. 

I just don’t understand. 

My brother is a super sweet person, funny , supportive and let’s you be who you are. He is helpful. He is accomplished and very solidly upper middle class/wealthy. He is handsome . His wife was an evil person and now this girl and his father hurt him very deeply as well. 

None of us understand. 😞😢

1 hour ago, Seraphim said:

I don’t understand. I am dropping weight like crazy and I am not even trying . 🤷🏻‍♀️

That happened to me when my anxiety was severe. Dropped 26 pounds. Given what you've been through recently it's understandable.

However, it might not be a bad idea to notify your doctor.