Open Club  ·  101 members  ·  Free

Journals

Life in the Driver’s Seat (extended)

1 hour ago, Seraphim said:

And you want to hear something…. My mom the day before his funeral got a text from his phone that said , Hi. If I hadn’t seen it myself …..

I believe these things happen.  My beloved uncle spoke to me through his son a couple of months ago.  It was my cousin speaking but the voice and words were clearly my uncle's.  That's how much love they have for the ones who are left behind.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

I believe these things happen.  My beloved uncle spoke to me through his son a couple of months ago.  It was my cousin speaking but the voice and words were clearly my uncle's.  That's how much love they have for the ones who are left behind.

My mom says I don’t believe in that crap, but then how to explain it ? His phone was in a drawer in the other room. 

I believe in it too. I had seen and heard ghost and I have seen Angels and demons. 

I am trying to struggle out from my mental health right now. I am swinging from apathy  to rage and everything in the middle. I went to go Christmas shopping today and realized I had forgotten to take all of my medications. Some guy cut me off and I was running out of road. I was so angry I wanted to continually ram his pickup truck with mine and punch him in the face . Obviously, I didn’t do that but even thinking it is over the top .🥴

My mom is texting me hundreds of times a day with every little issue. Nothing I can actually do one thing about whether I was here or there. I know she is in mental and emotional free fall right now but I am barely functioning as well. Oh God 9 more days of work for the year. 

• Sad 1
16 hours ago, Seraphim said:

I am trying to struggle out from my mental health right now. I am swinging from apathy  to rage and everything in the middle. I went to go Christmas shopping today and realized I had forgotten to take all of my medications. Some guy cut me off and I was running out of road. I was so angry I wanted to continually ram his pickup truck with mine and punch him in the face . Obviously, I didn’t do that but even thinking it is over the top .🥴

My mom is texting me hundreds of times a day with every little issue. Nothing I can actually do one thing about whether I was here or there. I know she is in mental and emotional free fall right now but I am barely functioning as well. Oh God 9 more days of work for the year. 

Ohhh Seraphim 😞  it's the grief.  Both your mom and you are going through it right now.  I think it's OK to only check your phone 3 times a day (morning, lunch, and then evening before bed) if that would help to turn off the sound (if that's possible for you).  

I know she needs you, but it'd be nice if you could find a way to balance that out with your own  needs, too.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, maritalbliss86 said:

Ohhh Seraphim 😞  it's the grief.  Both your mom and you are going through it right now.  I think it's OK to only check your phone 3 times a day (morning, lunch, and then evening before bed) if that would help to turn off the sound (if that's possible for you).  

I know she needs you, but it'd be nice if you could find a way to balance that out with your own  needs, too.

Yes , it is blow after blow after blow for a year and a half and this last one is just putting me under. I have no interest in doing anything. Not setting up for Christmas , nothing .