Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Life in the Driver’s Seat (extended)

1 minute ago, Seraphim said:

Ugh. I think I have Covid. Will test as soon as hubby comes in from doing the lawn. 

Uh oh...what symptoms do you have? Were you exposed?

I hope you don't have it or if you do, that you have a mild case.

I had it and while I was sick for three weeks I never really got very sick. Just a sore throat, headache, fatigue and body aches.

17 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

Uh oh...what symptoms do you have? Were you exposed?

I hope you don't have it or if you do, that you have a mild case.

I had it and while I was sick for three weeks I never really got very sick. Just a sore throat, headache, fatigue and body aches.

I have no idea about exposure but I haven’t worn a mask since the law was taken away so ..: April I think. At first I had a dry scratchy throat 3 days ago but thought it was allergies because that happens. It wasn’t sore at all just scratchy. Then the day I went to the baseball game I had a MASSIVE headache but the arena was so so so loud my ears were ringing so I thought it was that. Last night Omg the congestion and feeling like I was choking to death I couldn’t sleep until 5 this morning. Today there is no congestion or breathing issue but mild headache. So my symptoms would have started 3 days ago and I only have to isolate for 5 days because I am triple vaccinated and starting to feel better. If I test positive though I will tell my daycare families and close until I feel all better and pray the rest of my family doesn’t get it . 

I do hope you don't have it.

Just FYI, I tested positive ten days after my original positive test, which meant I was still infectious. My friend infected her husband seven days after her positive test. It varies, of course. Not everyone has the same experience. 

26 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

I do hope you don't have it.

Just FYI, I tested positive ten days after my original positive test, which meant I was still infectious. My friend infected her husband seven days after her positive test. It varies, of course. Not everyone has the same experience. 

For sure . It is different for everyone. My rapid test is negative. 

34 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

Yay! I am glad you are OK.

Thanks. I am so glad I didn’t expose my husband who is still recovering from his brain injury or my son or my daycare babies. I will have to pay more attention to what my body is telling me. I mean we still have colds and everything else running around that’s probably what it is. 

I think you did the right thing by testing yourself. My friend (former friend?) decided to ignore her symptoms even though she had tests at home and exposed about 20 people. As far as I know the only one she got sick was her husband, but he went to work for a week while contagious so who knows how many he spread it to!

My other friend has been sick for ten days. He doesn't have Covid but it seems there's something else going around. Maybe some kind of flu or something.

Tea and orange juice and lots of water. And rest!

18 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

I think you did the right thing by testing yourself. My friend (former friend?) decided to ignore her symptoms even though she had tests at home and exposed about 20 people. As far as I know the only one she got sick was her husband, but he went to work for a week while contagious so who knows how many he spread it to!

My other friend has been sick for ten days. He doesn't have Covid but it seems there's something else going around. Maybe some kind of flu or something.

Tea and orange juice and lots of water. And rest!

Yeah, I think it is personally negligent not to test. My newest daycare baby has a health condition that could put him at risk for more severe illness,  so it would be risking him because until this week he wasn’t even available for vaccine . My other daycare babies have had it, Covid that is . I know you can get it many times though. 

I have had a lot water and clear tea. I can’t have orange juice as it is very high in sugar and being diabetic I don’t want to drink it because being sick in and of it’s self drives your sugars up. But lots of water and clear tea and vit C&D seems to be helping . 

My husband’s first day of new boss, the bytch who has been criticizing him. She said his TCAT isn’t specific enough. It doesn’t clearly clarify what he is able to do and what he isn’t . So get it fixed. She wants someone to go all Army bytch on her butt she will have it coming . 

Phew he is home . I am not sure where we are finding the strength from until he is fully recovered. His Physio assessment was finished yesterday and they said he has cognitive impairment in short term memory and processing . That he will recover but it will be slow . 

This month my dad will have been gone 2 years. It is so hard to believe . It seems like yesterday sometimes and forever other days. So many emotions go along with it for so many different people. My mom admitted the other day she had been dealing with a lot of anger at my dad since he died. Things and emotions she felt had been buried for decades. 

• Like 1

Hey Seraphim!

I watched this video and didn’t know whether you had seen it or, thought you might be interested. It really opened my eyes and also, I thought the women were so beautiful and so eloquent when they spoke. 

Hope you and your family are well.

x

• Like 1

Oh! And one of the women on the video has a whole advocacy and YouTube channel! It made me think of you because of what you mentioned about your son having one!

Here she is, if your son is interested, this is a video from many she does. Hope you don’t mind me suggesting. Can disregard if no interest! All the best, Lo x

x

• Like 1
23 hours ago, mylolita said:

Hey Seraphim!

I watched this video and didn’t know whether you had seen it or, thought you might be interested. It really opened my eyes and also, I thought the women were so beautiful and so eloquent when they spoke. 

Hope you and your family are well.

x

My eldest niece was just diagnosed Autistic as well. My brother’s eldest daughter. Our great uncle would be diagnosed Autistic today but he was born in 1919. He was looked after by his parents and my grandmother after their passing. I think I am actually Autistic myself. My son believes I am. I am not interested in diagnosis for myself because well hey I am almost 60 . 

21 hours ago, Seraphim said:

My eldest niece was just diagnosed Autistic as well. My brother’s eldest daughter. Our great uncle would be diagnosed Autistic today but he was born in 1919. He was looked after by his parents and my grandmother after their passing. I think I am actually Autistic myself. My son believes I am. I am not interested in diagnosis for myself because well hey I am almost 60 . 

Would you say it runs in families then Seraphim?

This is very interesting about yourself! Can I ask what makes you and your son think you are autistic? And it’s quite a change to hear you are not bothered about a diagnosis - from the interviews I have seen most people find it a relief. You are obviously doing your own thing and happy as things stand! 

We just have my mums middle cousins son, who is now 46, who is Autistic. I think I might have said before but he is one of my favourite people to talk too! We only whatsapp, he lives very far away, but we get on. I adore his straight up honesty! So refreshing. 

Did you know from your son being a baby or toddler that he was different? 

x

I hope as well Seraphim that you don’t mind me making this observation - I have noticed, so sweetly, that you often mark dates and facts. For example I notice you will post about a date something happened, and exactly how long ago it happened. 

My Mums cousin is exactly like this! He will randomly message me telling me how long I have been married and happy anniversary, even when I forgot - HA! And, he will give me a run down of his football match, who scored when, and the exact time the match went on for; with a full weather report! It’s fab and endearing and I love it! I love it because of the detail orientated behaviour. It is so opposite to me. I am a big picture kinda gal and I can’t see or focus on tiny details. I often forget what day it is, or if we have moved into a new month! It’s nice to talk to someone so different, who thinks so differently. 

x