Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Life in the Driver’s Seat (extended)

All this talk of wills and death in another thread is really bringing back the memories. I remember my dad’s youngest sister wanting me to run MY eulogy by their other sister. Listen Hindenbags he was MY father and I will say what I like and I did. I said how much we loved him but he wasn’t the easiest person to get along with. All true, so bite me. 

We have something like that here, but the homeless mentally ill don't have access to phones. And when I call the hotline to try to direct assistance to the mentally ill homeless I see on the street they usually don't respond. 

It's such a huge crisis here and no one seems to know what to do about it.

37 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

We have something like that here, but the homeless mentally ill don't have access to phones. And when I call the hotline to try to direct assistance to the mentally ill homeless I see on the street they usually don't respond. 

It's such a huge crisis here and no one seems to know what to do about it.

Mental health has definitely become a bigger issue in recent years. It is really sad. 

Something is happening with me for sure. I am having panic attacks while asleep that are waking me up and it is happening far too often. I might have to go back to taking mirtazapine . I would only be able to take on the weekends because it causes me to be REALLY groggy and bad tempered when I wake up. 

6 hours ago, Seraphim said:

Ugh don’t know what is with my intestines today but it isn’t pretty. 

Mine violently rejected the meal I'd had at a restaurant with my son and his spouse on Monday. Spent Monday afternoon and half the day yesterday getting rid of it. Not going to that restaurant again even if they love it!

2 hours ago, boltnrun said:

Mine violently rejected the meal I'd had at a restaurant with my son and his spouse on Monday. Spent Monday afternoon and half the day yesterday getting rid of it. Not going to that restaurant again even if they love it!

I think mine was the stress of yesterday . TMI , it was pure yellow bile like cortisol. A daycare mom sprung an oh my kids first day they are staying all day on me with no notice. I had to send hubby to the store for more lunch. The kids were older and annoyed with the little kids . The 9 year old boy wanted me to cuddle him because he wanted to watch TV. 😳He was mad I had to attend to the 2 year old. It was a LLLLLOOOOONG day. Everyone from 9 years old to 2 . The 9 year old is Autistic and so is the 2 year old and so is my son. The 9 year old’s 6 year old sister and a set of three year old twins: Then there is my husband clanging around the house. I don’t know how I was so calm and even all day. I fell asleep at 6:30 and then woke up from 9-12:30. 

I am utterly broken at the loss of our beloved Queen. 

I have always admired dedication and loyalty and duty . It means so much to me it means almost more than anything, except God and love. The Queen was an absolute embodiment of all I find admirable.

It is the end of an era; the Second Elizabethan  age. The Queen is dead. Long live The King. God Save King Charles III.