Found the one.....she’s married

TexasD123

Are you supposed to let her live with you, pay for her divorce or support her? Is that why she is using the $$$ excuse to not get divorced? Don't give her money. Don't take the bait. Yes be the "better person" and let her go until she decides what she wants.

No sir, and no way! Sorry for the confusion. I can see how you read that differently than I intended.

I meant, I have to cut her loose.

Ok, good decision.

BTW, Wise. She doesn’t want money from me, hasn’t ever asked for directly or indirectly and I won’t be offering it. She has been saving up to make the move for a while now, and has said she has plans on pulling it off this summer and She’s established a deadline. What has to happen on her end will require at least 5k, to get an attorney, to pay for her move, and to get a place. Said that she does not want to put any of the strain on me or any drama that may come with it.

It’s hers to deal with, and she wants to do it for herself. Felt I needed to mention that.

I’m going to let her go, and when she gets all that done, I’ll be right there.

Uh, Jim. I believe you are referring to another post made by someone else, you see that wasn’t me saying that, right?

If anything, I’ve said I feel like a greedy jerk after receiving advice in this forum. That’s all. Self critical and hardly defensive Capiche? No offense.

Oops, sorry about that. I think I need my eyes checked :)

One of my family members was "in a relationship" with a married woman. She too was "going to get a divorce" and move in with him.

That was supposed to happen November 2015. It's coming up on February 2019 and she still isn't there.

I guess you'll see if she is truly getting a divorce or just wanted some attention.

• 6 months later...
Are you supposed to let her live with you, pay for her divorce or support her? Is that why she is using the $$$ excuse to not get divorced? Don't give her money. Don't take the bait. Yes be the "better person" and let her go until she decides what she wants.

Wiseman’s replies are always so very grounded and I have seen him say the “don’t give her money!!” line many times on many threads!!! [emoji23] If you want a swift kick in the a**, go to Wiseman to tell you how it is! Or Catfeeder!! Or a few consistent others! [emoji4]

Wiseman’s replies are always so very grounded and I have seen him say the “don’t give her money!!” line many times on many threads!!! [emoji23] If you want a swift kick in the a**, go to Wiseman to tell you how it is! Or Catfeeder!! Or a few consistent others! [emoji4]

this thread (along with others) are months old.

Does that make them irrelevant? None of the threads in this category are new so I don’t know why it would matter.

Oftentimes the OP has not been on the forum for months. They may be a "one and done" who has never returned. For example, this OP has not logged in since February.

If they haven't logged in for weeks they won't see your reply.

Ahh gotcha! Thank you!

You can click or tap on their user name and then select "Profile" and you can see their most recent login date. If a thread's original post is more than two weeks old and the most recent response was about the same time frame (for example), checking the OP's profile will let you know if they're still around.

You can click or tap on their user name and then select "Profile" and you can see their most recent login date. If a thread's original post is more than two weeks old and the most recent response was about the same time frame (for example), checking the OP's profile will let you know if they're still around.

Thanks for this info, BnR!

So why all the fuss about old threads and having them shut down. That doesn't make sense to me if the conversation is still alive.

Why is everyone always trying to dictate which threads should be shut down????? :upset:

That's the thing. The conversation is not "alive" when the OP hasn't logged on in 6 months. The replies directed at the OP will go unread. A lot of effort expended toward someone who will never see or benefit from the advice.

Not that this matters but bolt I just clicked on your profile and all it shows is your join date.

Nothing about when you last logged in or if you are currently logged in and what thread you are viewing.

Other posters' profiles do have that info but not yours. :)

Not that this matters but bolt I just clicked on your profile and all it shows is your join date.

Nothing about when you last logged in or if you are currently logged in and what thread you are viewing.

Other posters' profiles do have that info but not yours. :)

Bolt is an enigma... we are not allowed to know these things about Bolt...

Archived