Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Self Employment:Greater Freedom: Freedom 60

Seraphim

26 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

Had a shocking message from a parent this morning that made my heart drop. They had a call from the school saying their child didn’t get to school but I watched them get on the bus. Phew ! False alarm the bus was late . 😨😨😨😨😨😨

OMG - I would -be beside myself.  So glad it worked out.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Batya33 said:

Oh my goodness!! I'd be a wreck too. Is the child ok??

Yes, he will be ok. Thankfully. Was a medical emergency the other kids were very upset and his little sibling was crying . I credit my presence of mind to my medical training in the military so I am very cool and in charge in the moment. My son had a panic attack after everyone left , but we are all good now . And best of all the child will be ok. 

• Sad 2
11 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

Yes, he will be ok. Thankfully. Was a medical emergency the other kids were very upset and his little sibling was crying . I credit my presence of mind to my medical training in the military so I am very cool and in charge in the moment. My son had a panic attack after everyone left , but we are all good now . And best of all the child will be ok. 

Oh of course they were. I am so happy the child is ok. I hope you have a relaxing evening -what a day you had!

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Seraphim said:

Had to call an ambulance for one of my littles. Everyone is a wreck. 

Oh my goodness Seraphim! 

What happened? 

Well done on keeping calm and using your head! Sounds like you handled the situation well.

x

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

So, found out the mother of the little who had the medical issue LIED to me on his intake form. I saw a social media post she made on a local group. Does she think I am really THAT stupid??? You endangered your child you dumbazz!! Girl anytime he is sick he is going back home with YOU. I won’t be taking him you liar . You are lucky I don’t terminate you immediately. 

• Sad 1
  • 2 weeks later...

So same lying mom hands over her kids and says everyone is fine and as she drives away the oldest tells me how he puked in daddy’s truck last night on the way to his hockey game .😡😡😡Really ? Honest to God. I am sick to DEATH of parents who lie. 

• Sad 1

Dear Families, 

It is with great sadness that I’m telling you we  are posted out and leaving at the end of March.  It is the last and final for us as ….got his letter from the pension board stating he can retire on his birthday this year if he chooses. Our last day open will be Friday 22 March 2024. 

It has been a great opportunity to meet and work with all of you. Thank - you for entrusting me with the care of your awesome children. 

Wishing all of you the best , 

And so 5.5 years comes to a close. I did it , I survived beyond the first year or 5 years when most small businesses fail. My business survived Covid and the Prime Minister’s nonsense programmes. It was a success and met great people along the way. 

I will keep this journal going with future work endeavours. 

• Thanks 1
15 hours ago, itsallgrand said:

Wow, that day will be here before you know it! Congrats on getting through some of the toughest years to run a small business and cheers to the next stage of your life coming up! 

Thanks ! Covid was a rough go and so was the move . I did it though ! Proud of myself. 

• Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...

So tomorrow is the last day of my business. 😩It is so hard to let go of something I built. It is hard for my son as well. He has worked for me for 4 years. He has been a fabulous and responsible and reliable employee. 

I am proud of myself. My business survived over 5 years when so so many fail. It survived Covid when we had shut downs, it survived unfavourable government policies. I did so well. 

I have put into motion the things I need for my new job. Police and vulnerable sector check being done . 

2 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

So tomorrow is the last day of my business. 😩It is so hard to let go of something I built. It is hard for my son as well. He has worked for me for 4 years. He has been a fabulous and responsible and reliable employee. 

I am proud of myself. My business survived over 5 years when so so many fail. It survived Covid when we had shut downs, it survived unfavourable government policies. I did so well. 

I have put into motion the things I need for my new job. Police and vulnerable sector check being done . 

Wow!! What a journey - good luck on the next chapter!

• Thanks 1

I thought it would be a good last day because our own group discipline issue kid was in a great mood. Nope. The two seconds my eyes aren’t on him because I was taking a drink of my tea he strikes. He is pulling on his brother’s ears until he is SCREAMING.  When I asked why he did it he says , well he wasn’t doing what I wanted. I said he doesn’t have to do what you want. Stop trying to control everyone and keep your hands to yourself . Do not touch the other kids. Period. You are NOT the boss and have no right to manhandle people . 

This little guy ( 7) has very poor social skills and extremely hands on and on purpose tries to annoy others and says mean horrible things but is over the top dramatic if other kids fight back or say something back to him. It is the end of the Universe. 

His little brother (4) is the sweetest loving little guy. 

• Sad 1

I got lovely homemade gifts from the kids and lovely cards and a gift card yesterday. ❤️

I got my lobster claws yesterday as a treat for myself for my last day of business. They were on sale for $10 off. I shared them with my husband for supper . ❤️

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Seraphim said:

I got lovely homemade gifts from the kids and lovely cards and a gift card yesterday. ❤️

I got my lobster claws yesterday as a treat for myself for my last day of business. They were on sale for $10 off. I shared them with my husband for supper . ❤️

True love!

• Thanks 1