Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Self Employment:Greater Freedom: Freedom 60

Seraphim

2 hours ago, mylolita said:

We are in another mini heat wave Seraphim! But nowhere near as high as July. About 27-28C up until it rains Monday! My pale pale heart! 🤪 I don’t know how you guys do it all summer long!

x

It has been hideous this month. Today is lovely. 20C and cloudy and it rained a lot overnight. It is good to get the kiddos out . 

Okay for the first time ever someone couldn’t pay me . I am irritated but I told her I can only do this ONE time . I have bills to pay as well. So she said she would pay me Friday when she got her child credit. As if that wasn’t bad enough today the child arrives and there are no diapers in the bag. 😡😡😡Now I have to send my husband out to buy diapers with the no pay check. 

Hubby is so PO’d he had to go get diapers for a client who didn’t pay . I don’t blame him really, but you can’t not change the child or I can get charged with abuse. It isn’t this poor little child’s fault. He deserves the same care regardless.

I wonder if I should add a late fee  for late payment in my new contract in the Fall. 

16 minutes ago, itsallgrand said:

That's really crappy. It especially sucks when child credit cash in hand to these parents is meant for basics like this. So what's home girl spending it on eh. Ugh.

I am pissed because she owes me $450. She was whining she had to pay $1600 for her other child’s camp and now can’t afford daycare. I told her very directly this is my business and how I pay my bills. I do have the money to pay my bills but I shouldn’t have to dig into savings for this. If you can’t  afford both daycares you can’t afford your kids . I told her Friday the money better be in my account before her child comes or he isn’t coming until she is paid up. I have 7 people on my wait list . I could replace her today. 

If she can't afford daycare then she doesn't have her child in daycare. Period.

In the US there are government subsidized daycare centers that charge on a sliding scale. If she's that badly tapped she can apply to have her child attend one of those facilities. Instead of expecting you to provide free care.

7 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

I am pissed because she owes me $450. She was whining she had to pay $1600 for her other child’s camp and now can’t afford daycare. I told her very directly this is my business and how I pay my bills. I do have the money to pay my bills but I shouldn’t have to dig into savings for this. If you can’t  afford both daycares you can’t afford your kids . I told her Friday the money better be in my account before her child comes or he isn’t coming until she is paid up. I have 7 people on my wait list . I could replace her today. 

That's good.. she should feel a sense of urgency, otherwise she'll mentally put you on the bottom of the list of who gets paid. I bet she's juggling a lot of debts. 

Poor kiddo tho. 

7 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

If she can't afford daycare then she doesn't have her child in daycare. Period.

In the US there are government subsidized daycare centers that charge on a sliding scale. If she's that badly tapped she can apply to have her child attend one of those facilities. Instead of expecting you to provide free care.

There are waiting lists months long for these centres here now especially as the government is going for $10 a day daycare. So when they announce this $10 a day daycare what they didn’t do is build a whole wack of new centres and train a whole bunch of new people but sounds like a good legacy project for someone 🥴🙄

3 minutes ago, itsallgrand said:

That's good.. she should feel a sense of urgency, otherwise she'll mentally put you on the bottom of the list of who gets paid. I bet she's juggling a lot of debts. 

Poor kiddo tho. 

For sure but I don’t have the money Friday dad gets turned away at the door. 

Also too licensed centres have to sign the agreement with the government which most have not . What would happen would be the parent pays dollar $10 and Centre gets the rest from the government. But a person like me who is an independent is not included in this deal unless I licence . but then if I license I have to take whatever they tell me I take not who I pick. Plus some agencies want you to pay them $4000 a year for your licensing. And then the government has an even bigger finger in your pot than they had before. 

On 8/16/2022 at 11:09 AM, itsallgrand said:

That's really crappy. It especially sucks when child credit cash in hand to these parents is meant for basics like this. So what's home girl spending it on eh. Ugh.

She did pay me on Friday , thankfully before I woke up. 

ugh sun allergy is back hello oatmeal bath. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Owning your own business… pain in the …

One of the families who was going to be before care says to me 6 days before school her FIL is doing it. I told her OK…. Ummmmm. I already told four families I was full because you said you were staying. Then she said well I’m not sure my father-in-law can do all the days I said you need to tell me today or I’m posting the spots tomorrow. I made out her income tax receipt and last invoice I am done with games. 

Reminds me just a bit of when I worked for a roofing company. Whenever it rained we got a rash of calls from people with leaking roofs. Some of them demanded we send someone out immediately. If we didn't have someone available to rush right over they'd get angry and demand to know why. Well, lady (or gentleman), if we had people just standing around waiting for you to call we wouldn't be a very successful business, would we?

So you're supposed to just hold spots open and wait for certain people to make up their minds?

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

Reminds me just a bit of when I worked for a roofing company. Whenever it rained we got a rash of calls from people with leaking roofs. Some of them demanded we send someone out immediately. If we didn't have someone available to rush right over they'd get angry and demand to know why. Well, lady (or gentleman), if we had people just standing around waiting for you to call we wouldn't be a very successful business, would we?

So you're supposed to just hold spots open and wait for certain people to make up their minds?

Right ? 🙄🙄 I am running a business here not a hobby . This is my income. I mean I know she is trying to save money and eff respect or what she said but I can easily toss them and make their life a pain in the ass. 

So now all of a sudden because I stood up for myself magically grandpa can do all the mornings. 🙄🤣 Good luck to them on bus cancellation snow days I guess her or grandpa are staying home . Anyway now I have to find a replacement but I am going to rest a week. I am juggling a lot right now. I have two new kids starting for before and after , one has a disability. I just ordered $100 worth of new stuff for the older kids to do. 
Hubby still isn’t fully back to work and still in my hair. Concentrating on getting my son’s federal disability done . Lots to do after approval. My accountant is moved to Manitoba and still waiting for a secure line from the phone company. I have 3 medical appointments, two for me and one for my son I have to tell my families I can’t work those days and I am sure they won’t be impressed but tough noogies I am looking after myself because if I am sick I can’t serve you . I watched my mom obliterate her health thinking she was helping. THAT IS A BIG FAT NOPE. Her father told her 48 years ago you don’t have your health you don’t have anything. Well ,apparently she didn’t believe him but she does now when it’s too late. I am not doing that. Other people do what’s best for them I will too. As much as I love them these are not my kids. When push comes to shove they don’t care about you or your kids . 

With so much going on I am stressed, badly so I need some time out before taking on more kids for a hot minute . 

• 4 weeks later...

I probably do but I don’t want to lose my clients. Thankfully the older kids are at school most the day and the little one is very easy. I gave him left over roasted chicken and rice and veggies from our dinner last night and a banana because it is all I can manage right now. A pretty good lunch though and then he has a nap soon. If I can get through this week I hopefully will be better next week. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...