Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Self Employment:Greater Freedom: Freedom 60

Seraphim

1 hour ago, boltnrun said:

Personally I'd rather pay more and not have my kids in some huge facility where they might not get the individual attention I prefer them to have.

I removed my son from a big preschool where he was in a room with about 25 other kids and was not being given the care I wanted him to have.  They pressured him to be able to write his name at age  3 (!) and said they would not move him up with the other kids his age unless and until he was able to do so.  He is left handed and struggled to translate what they were showing him into using his left hand.  So yeah, no.

I moved him to a much smaller, privately run facility based in a church where he didn't get as much of the academics the preschool offered but got what I viewed as loving care.  He did much better there.

Exactly. 
However, the Prime Minister’s reasoning is that cheaper Daycare gets more women into the workforce. However,  it drives other women like me out of it. About 70% of children are in private daycare‘s which will be driven out of business. 

8 hours ago, Seraphim said:

They are another military family so they get it , but heart broken non the less and want to have a go away BBQ with us . 

That sounds like a nice idea. It would be nice if all the families and kids could get together one last time. At least it's a nice idea in my mind lol--it could be really inconvenient for you, I guess!

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Seraphim said:

My first client cried 😩 They are crushed. She said my boy is going to be devastated. They are another military family so they get it , but heart broken non the less and want to have a go away BBQ with us . 

Aww...

Of course they are heart broken!

What a sweet idea about the BBQ

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Jibralta said:

That sounds like a nice idea. It would be nice if all the families and kids could get together one last time. At least it's a nice idea in my mind lol--it could be really inconvenient for you, I guess!

I have going to have a last party with the kids and celebrate the birthday of one of the kids . He is a Canada Day baby so July 1 but we always have his birthday in June because July 1 is usually the start of my two week summer holiday and it’s a holiday anyway. 

But I will probably have a barbeque with the one family. 

• Like 1

When we get to our new location hubby also gets an extra month’s pay to help offset the expense of moving. However , tax time next year I think we are going to suffer big. With the back pay he got and two raises and an extra month’s pay it will take him into six figures by himself . I put up my rates by $5 a child a day in my new area because daycare rates are higher. 

1 hour ago, Seraphim said:

19 more working days here and I have about five potential new clients in my new location. 🙌🏻

I'm not surprised. Good, safe and reliable daycare is at a premium.

I bet they can't wait for you to get there and setup! 

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

My former employer wrote me a wonderful reference letter. Do I tell her there are 3 grammatical errors? 😣 I don’t want to be ungrateful though. I should just shut up . Lol. 

I have found that (sadly) most people don't even notice grammatical errors or use of the incorrect word, or using a word in the wrong context. I get driven nuts by "a women" instead of "a woman" and "loose" in place of "lose". But probably 80% of people don't even know those are errors!

5 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

I have found that (sadly) most people don't even notice grammatical errors or use of the incorrect word, or using a word in the wrong context. I get driven nuts by "a women" instead of "a woman" and "loose" in place of "lose". But probably 80% of people don't even know those are errors!

They are easy errors , BUT. She didn’t capitalize my last name and there are some commas missing. But I should probably be grateful and shut up. 

5 hours ago, Seraphim said:

My former employer wrote me a wonderful reference letter. Do I tell her there are 3 grammatical errors? 😣 I don’t want to be ungrateful though. I should just shut up . Lol. 

Lol. I've had that happen. I leave it as is. The letter will stand for itself.

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, Jibralta said:

I see that a lot. Someone here recently lost his soul women.

ETA

Sorry, dream women.

If I ever try pointing it out all I get is a blank stare.  I blame the educators who are passing students through without giving them a solid base of grammar, spelling, punctuation and context.

Seraphim, I would imagine she had good intentions if not the best writing skills!

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

If I ever try pointing it out all I get is a blank stare.  I blame the educators who are passing students through without giving them a solid base of grammar, spelling, punctuation and context.

Seraphim, I would imagine she had good intentions if not the best writing skills!

Oh absolutely. She is a nice woman and good intentions. 

I let things slide with my grammar on here and sometimes the predictive text on my phone makes me look uneducated. But I never write that way in person . I try to never correct though because I know how much my son has struggled due to his learning disabilities and I don’t really know someone’s abilities so I always try to be forgiving. Sometimes my eye twitches because I can’t help it but I keep my mouth shut . 

I had a coworker who would begin emails to our regional manager with "Ayyyyy, Steven!!" I asked him to use more professional language since he was representing the department and he asked me what I meant! He didn't understand why what he wrote was unprofessional. So the next day he wrote "Yo, Steven!" Sigh...

14 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

I had a coworker who would begin emails to our regional manager with "Ayyyyy, Steven!!" I asked him to use more professional language since he was representing the department and he asked me what I meant! He didn't understand why what he wrote was unprofessional. So the next day he wrote "Yo, Steven!" Sigh...

🤦‍♀️😣