Self Employment:Greater Freedom: Freedom 60

Seraphim

Tomorrow with the kids I am doing a small discussion about our indigenous peoples and making dream catchers. The 21st of June is when we celebrate our indigenous peoples . I wish I could go to the historical indigenous village near me tomorrow but I have to work. 

I have second cousins who are Métis. They are half French ( Acadian)and half Mi’kmaq. One of the them was an indigenous play-write and activist who was killed walking a long the road right where I live now . She died about 5 years ago at 60. Her father was my mom’s first cousin. He died about 2 years ago. Her mom and grandfather were residential school survivors. 

Many Acadian people married Indigenous peoples and I have often wondered about my own ethnicity since my mother’s family has been in Canada 405 years. I could get genetic testing done for my own interest . 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

The one little guy who is done next week put up a fuss for dad today so dad says oh ok let’s take you home and I will buy you a toy . 🙄🙄🙄🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🙄 Before that he had us stand at the door to wait to go for our walk for 15 minutes while said child clung to him like Velcro. 15 minutes of letting my AC escape out the door and the other kids stand there . Dad is a total sop for this kiddo and creating a monster. He already has really bad only child syndrome and I think he is going to have a VERY bumpy first year of school because he won’t be star of the universe. 

Edited by Seraphim