She wants us to have our "own space." How much?

cousin

How much space is enough?

More than 5 days.

Remember I mentioned that when someone asks for space, it's a good idea to give them a ton of it. Also I mentioned that if you're in her face or ear or on her phone screen every few days it gives her zero chance to miss you.

Are your anxiety levels soaring because you can't talk to her as much as you want to? If so, remember that is YOUR issue to resolve...not hers.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
More than 5 days.

Remember I mentioned that when someone asks for space, it's a good idea to give them a ton of it. Also I mentioned that if you're in her face or ear or on her phone screen every few days it gives her zero chance to miss you.

Are your anxiety levels soaring because you can't talk to her as much as you want to? If so, remember that is YOUR issue to resolve...not hers.

I think you are correct about the anxiety. i have lost 12 lbs since this happened. I wish I would have asked for anxiety pills from my Doctor yesterday. Let me ask you something. Everyone on here has said to kick her to the curb. You are telling me to back off and see if we have a shot. Do you believe I should give her a second shot if all goes well?

I think you are correct about the anxiety. i have lost 12 lbs since this happened. I wish I would have asked for anxiety pills from my Doctor yesterday. Let me ask you something. Everyone on here has said to kick her to the curb. You are telling me to back off and see if we have a shot. Do you believe I should give her a second shot if all goes well?

Do I think this relationship has a shot right now? With your refusal to respect her wishes and your attempts to get her to let you move back in? No way.

And she probably was "chatty" because she's ENJOYING her space. Not because she wants you back in it.

But...if you can get a grip on your need to control things as a way to soothe your anxiety and if the two of you have an honest talk about the infidelity (yours AND hers) with no blame and no excuses, and talk about how you plan to deal with conflict in the future, there may be a chance.

But two things...first of all, don't cling to these words as salvation because I am speculating. And second and most important of all...she HAS to be on board with trying to save the relationship. She has to be 100% committed with no outside involvement at all. All your reconciliation fantasies and plans will mean nothing if she's not willing to sincerely try again.

Please, please give her space. All of it. Do not ask to move back in, do not message, text, call, email, post on Instagram or any form of social media, do not "drop by" home or work, do not send smoke signals...leave her 110% alone. If you keep getting in her face she will never miss you and never see what life without you is like. And if she never gets to experience that I can guarantee she will never be interested in giving you another chance.

I need you to try something. The next time anyone in real life or on this forum talks / posts, I want you to listen to it and follow along as if the what the person was saying was the absolute one hundred percent truth. You can disagree with it after, but during reading the post or listening to the conversation, you should regard to something someone says as 100% truth.

This will help you with your active listening skills. It will also help others understand that you are actually listening.

Because right now, you're not listening to anything. Her wishes (space) or the advice others are giving you. It's all you, you, you right now. You need to solve that.

Good grief, no.

She showed you she doesn't respect you and doesn't love you when she opened her legs to another guy. Even if you were foolish enough to go back, I can just about guarantee it won't last.

You are 40 years old, man. You know better than this; you need to get yourself together, here.

o you believe I should give her a second shot if all goes well?

she might not give YOU a shot. so that's a little premature. She wants you gone and you won't leave her alone. If you are BROKE - can you actually afford to pay another month's rent at your new place to give 30 day's notice plus more rent? nope. leave her alone

o you believe I should give her a second shot if all goes well?

she might not give YOU a shot. so that's a little premature. She wants you gone and you won't leave her alone. If you are BROKE - can you actually afford to pay another month's rent at your new place to give 30 day's notice plus more rent? nope. leave her alone

Went to her place. She said I could move back in, but wants to make sure I make better decisions in the future. Didn't appear to be angry. I'm just going to lie low and find a better place than my last one. She won't even know I'm there because of our schedules. Thank you everyone for your advice.

Archived