Girlfriend flies off the handle for asking for me asking to discuss an issue

gianno

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As it should be but, once again, it begs the question .... why was a discussion needed about boundaries? It seems she works well within the "normal" boundaries of a relationship.
For the fourth time ~ So that he was sure that they were on the same page. Turns out that They are! He didn't know that until they discussed it... now he does.
Thatwasthen, this is the kind of thinking I was talking about. Selective conservatism to the point of irrationality.

I shall be sure to tell my good friend who's a retired professional dancer that her high school wasn't a dance school at all but just a facade for dance hall teenage groping.

Yes...obviously, I was talking about dance schools (which are apparently a thing), as opposed to the dancing that regular people do. Uh-huh.

Teens learning how to interact with the other gender dance. Couples dance. There are apparently dances at weddings. People go to nightclubs looking for sex and dance. And you're telling me that dancing has nothing to do with mating/sex?? Wow.

For the fourth time ~ So that he was sure that they were on the same page. Turns out that They are! He didn't know that until they discussed it... now he does.

That wasn't my point. My point was .... he already knew this so what more was there to be discussed? However, this thread jumped on a few pages so I must have missed the part where they actually got around to having a discussion. I took it that this must have been something they already knew about each other.

I know, I'm well aware read my name LOL but their family and it is traditional non sexual dancing

Fair enough but it was a Jewish Orthodox wedding, not Italian.

And BTW that type of dancing (between friends) happens at clubs too.

It doesn't always have to sexually-charged/oriented.

If you watched the entire clip, Anne Hathaway's character, Kim, was essentially dancing by herself.

I have done that too at clubs when the band is good and I enjoy the music.

I can't imagine having a bf who would not allow me to dance like this with fellow patrons at a club ....lest he feel uncomfortable.

Not judging to each his own, it just wouldn't work for me personally, could never be with a man like that.

Which works out since you could never be with a woman who enjoys dancing this way with friends either.

If your gf is okay with it that is all that matters.

So she can't go dance with friends? She accepted that?

Not can't, she doesn't think it is right and doesn't want to do something like that. There is no restriction place on anyone, her and I are just clear on what we are each acceptable with together as a couple.

Not can't, she doesn't think it is right and doesn't want to do something like that. There is no restriction place on anyone, her and I are just clear on what we are each acceptable with together as a couple.

Well there kinda is (a restriction) since you just said you would break up with her if she felt differently.

And yes I am sure she is quite clear. She agrees to do what YOU want on your terms or you break up with her.

Again, if that works for her, then good for her (and you too apparently).

Well there kinda is (a restriction) since you just said you would break up with her if she felt differently.

And yes I am sure she is quite clear. She agrees to do what YOU want on your terms or you break up with her.

Again, if that works for her, then good for her (and you too apparently).

I didn't tell her I would break up with her, she just told me that's her view

Archived