my boyfriend got a girl pregnant on our break

E123

She's 3 weeks pregnant

Has she seen a doctor?

In the US, pregnancies are dated from the first day of your last period. It's almost impossible to be three weeks pregnant as pregnancy tests aren't accurate until around 10 day after ovulation, close to four weeks pregnant. If you mean they had sex three weeks ago, then she would probably be five weeks pregnant.

I hope she will see a doctor soon and your boyfriend can go with her and get some proper information re: the pregnancy and timing, as so far it doesn't really add up.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

😂😂😂😂 so honestly now i think shes bluffing. I was just on the phone with my boyfriend and he told me that after they had sex she got her periods two days after and they havent had sex after that cause he told her that i was coming back in the picture. I think shes using that shes pregnant so he doesnt leave her, shes trying so hard to convince him that its his babe cause apparently she hasnt slept with anyone else but him. But like lol she got her periods like who is she trying to play.

Three weeks pregnant, has morning sickness the next day... It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. But it doesn't matter; this does not involve you. It involves between her and your boyfriend the moment they went to bed together.

The only few things I can possibly say is not be involved in this messy situation and leave the guy. It is not worth your time and heart. You may be in love with the guy, but a few years down the road, it sounds like you two are not meant to be together down the long haul. If this girl is truly pregnant, and the baby is definitely your boyfriend's child, then expect a lot of emotional struggle. Ask yourself, is it truly worth it?

What nonsense. You and your bf should block her. If there is a pregnancy/baby you'll find out. Right now it's just drama.

now i think shes bluffing. I think shes using that shes pregnant so he doesnt leave her, shes trying so hard to convince him that its his babe cause apparently she hasnt slept with anyone else but him. But like lol she got her periods like who is she trying to play.
so honestly now i think shes bluffing. I was just on the phone with my boyfriend and he told me that after they had sex she got her periods two days after
How does he know that? Was he living with her? Was he with her the entire time you two were supposedly on a break?

and they havent had sex after that cause he told her that i was coming back in the picture.
And you believe him?

I think shes using that shes pregnant so he doesnt leave her, shes trying so hard to convince him that its his babe cause apparently she hasnt slept with anyone else but him.
You can still get what appears to be a period in the first trimester and still be pregnant. You can confirm that by googling it.

But like lol she got her periods like who is she trying to play.
I still contend that your boyfriend isn't as innocent about sleeping with her only when you two were on a break but that's speculation but I'm putting the notion in your head because you are naïve in that you are not finding any fault in your boyfriend and the inconsistencies with his story(s).

boyfriend and i went on a break a few months ago and recently got back together.
How long were you on this "break?" She's claiming to be three weeks pregnant.
We've been on a break for 3 and a half months. Im not being naive. Ive been together with my boyfriend enough to trust his words.

Have you been back with him for only two weeks? She's three weeks pregnant.

Something that both your boyfriend and his FB is claiming is not adding up. If you're going to stay with him then both of you stop talking to her and tell her that you won't be responding until the baby is born and she agrees to paternity testing.

Yep. We were trying to get pregnant at that point in our family life. We used Natural Family Planning, a form of birth control that uses daily signs in the woman's body to tell her if she is fertile or not. We kept daily records of my periods, what days we had sex, whether my cervix was high and tightly closed, or low and open, my basal (first thing in the morning) body temperature. Most important, every day, I looked at the mucus produced by the cervix. If you use the mucus as your only indicator is called The Billings Method and is practiced more often in the UK, but is also practiced in the US. We ended up basically going on the mucus and the condition of the cervix, because they were so amazingly accurate).

(When you are fertile, the cervical mucus is clear, thin, abundant, and stretchy, like a stretchy raw egg white; when infertile, the mucus is whitish yellow, not clear, not at all stretchy but tacky, and there is not a lot of it, kind of like yellow-ish white gluestick glue.) After I conceived, all of my temperatures and symptoms showed that I was pregnant, but just as I was about to take a pregnancy test (two weeks after the conception), I got my period the day it was due to arrive, so we naturally assumed I was not pregnant, and I didn't take the pregnancy test. But the scientific evidence my body was showing me continued to indicate that I was pregnant, so about a week and a half AFTER the period was over, I finally took the pregnancy test and sure enough, the NFP signs had been correct. I had gotten pregnant on the night recorded in that chart. And we didn't have sex between that night and when I finally took the pregnancy test, so I know exactly which night of sex led to that pregnancy. I still have all the charts.

You can have menstrual cycles after you are pregnant if your progesterone level is on the low side of normal for a pregnant woman. This kind of period is known as breakthrough bleeding, is actually fairly common, and usually stops happening by the beginning of the 2nd trimester of pregnancy. My doctor explained that progesterone is the hormone that keeps the uterus from shedding its lining between periods, and also during pregnancy, but in the beginning of a pregnancy, sometimes the progesterone level isn't high enough yet to stop menstruation. I have also known one woman who had light periods every month throughout all her pregnancies. She was unusual, but this is also medically documented and happens when the progesterone level never quite gets high enough throughout the pregnancy. See Bellybelly.com.au and search for Bleeding During Pregnancy.

Also, I always became nauseated the day after I got pregnant, with all four of my children. I have a very high sensitivity to nausea, and all four times, the day after conception, I became nauseated when riding in our car. I eventually learned to trust this as one of the ways I knew I was pregnant.

If anyone is interested in knowing more about the signs of fertility in a woman, you can check out The Couple to Couple League. They teach couples how to understand and the symptoms and daily basal body temperature of the woman. People use Natural Family Planning both when they are trying to prevent a pregnancy, and when they are trying to become pregnant.

We used this method to prevent conceptions, but we also used it when we were ready to conceive each child. All four of my kids were planned. Once we started using NFP, we never went back to any other birth control because we always knew when I was fertile; we never conceived a baby when we didn't want one. And because we were faithful to each other and were negative for STDs, we didn't even have to use condoms or anything at all. We simply understood the messages from my body.

I know it sounds like hocus pocus, but it is actually just very good scientific data collected about your body every day, and kept on a chart to track the trends and patterns. But "don't try this at home" unless you get the actual training!

This method is not for everyone. It is best practiced in the context of a committed marriage or very, very committed long-term relationship.

Just putting this information out there.

Youareworthy

She "set him up?" No he was careless. Some girls do set guys up with a pregnancy. My ex's first wife did that which is a long story. But if he was fwb with her they were having a lot of sex. So what if he says he talked about you all the time? I'm sure he did. Probably not good things though.

If she is pregnant she is. He waits and gets a paternity test. If it's his kid, he deals with it if he wants to. You can stay or you can go. It's that simple. But he's likely lying to you about a lot - and yes get checked out.

Am I missing something.... doesn't a "break" mean you are still together, not broken up? I thought a break is just some time to reflect, not time to go to your friends with benefit and have sex?

I'm surprise you are not concern that he cheated on you? Now, whether this girl is pregnant or not, it's his issue and he got back together with to make it your problem as well?

I dunno, my thoughts are, he should have been more responsible and use protection. I don't feel sorry for anyone whom tells me that it's an accident! Accident to me just means unplanned, but it's not an accident, if you chose not to wear protection. I've known some male friends that would wear protection regardless if the girl tells them she's on birth control or not. There should be another concern, STD! Just saying!

Yep. We were trying to get pregnant at that point in our family life. We used Natural Family Planning, a form of birth control that uses daily signs in the woman's body to tell her if she is fertile or not. We kept daily records of my periods, what days we had sex, whether my cervix was high and tightly closed, or low and open, my basal (first thing in the morning) body temperature. Most important, every day, I looked at the mucus produced by the cervix. If you use the mucus as your only indicator is called The Billings Method and is practiced more often in the UK, but is also practiced in the US. We ended up basically going on the mucus and the condition of the cervix, because they were so amazingly accurate).

(When you are fertile, the cervical mucus is clear, thin, abundant, and stretchy, like a stretchy raw egg white; when infertile, the mucus is whitish yellow, not clear, not at all stretchy but tacky, and there is not a lot of it, kind of like yellow-ish white gluestick glue.) After I conceived, all of my temperatures and symptoms showed that I was pregnant, but just as I was about to take a pregnancy test (two weeks after the conception), I got my period the day it was due to arrive, so we naturally assumed I was not pregnant, and I didn't take the pregnancy test. But the scientific evidence my body was showing me continued to indicate that I was pregnant, so about a week and a half AFTER the period was over, I finally took the pregnancy test and sure enough, the NFP signs had been correct. I had gotten pregnant on the night recorded in that chart. And we didn't have sex between that night and when I finally took the pregnancy test, so I know exactly which night of sex led to that pregnancy. I still have all the charts.

You can have menstrual cycles after you are pregnant if your progesterone level is on the low side of normal for a pregnant woman. This kind of period is known as breakthrough bleeding, is actually fairly common, and usually stops happening by the beginning of the 2nd trimester of pregnancy. My doctor explained that progesterone is the hormone that keeps the uterus from shedding its lining between periods, and also during pregnancy, but in the beginning of a pregnancy, sometimes the progesterone level isn't high enough yet to stop menstruation. I have also known one woman who had light periods every month throughout all her pregnancies. She was unusual, but this is also medically documented and happens when the progesterone level never quite gets high enough throughout the pregnancy. See Bellybelly.com.au and search for Bleeding During Pregnancy.

Also, I always became nauseated the day after I got pregnant, with all four of my children. I have a very high sensitivity to nausea, and all four times, the day after conception, I became nauseated when riding in our car. I eventually learned to trust this as one of the ways I knew I was pregnant.

If anyone is interested in knowing more about the signs of fertility in a woman, you can check out The Couple to Couple League. They teach couples how to understand and the symptoms and daily basal body temperature of the woman. People use Natural Family Planning both when they are trying to prevent a pregnancy, and when they are trying to become pregnant.

We used this method to prevent conceptions, but we also used it when we were ready to conceive each child. All four of my kids were planned. Once we started using NFP, we never went back to any other birth control because we always knew when I was fertile; we never conceived a baby when we didn't want one. And because we were faithful to each other and were negative for STDs, we didn't even have to use condoms or anything at all. We simply understood the messages from my body.

I know it sounds like hocus pocus, but it is actually just very good scientific data collected about your body every day, and kept on a chart to track the trends and patterns. But "don't try this at home" unless you get the actual training!

This method is not for everyone. It is best practiced in the context of a committed marriage or very, very committed long-term relationship.

Just putting this information out there.

Youareworthy

"You can't have your menstrual period while you're pregnant. Some women do have vaginal bleeding during pregnancy. Some even report intermittent bleeding that seems like a regular period to them. But vaginal bleeding during pregnancy is not the same thing as menstruation." - Very first result on Google. Or this

Bottomline you can never have your menstrual cycle while you are pregnant. Once you are pregnant there's no reason for a menstrual cycle. It stops.

Am I missing something.... doesn't a "break" mean you are still together, not broken up? I thought a break is just some time to reflect, not time to go to your friends with benefit and have sex?

I'm surprise you are not concern that he cheated on you? Now, whether this girl is pregnant or not, it's his issue and he got back together with to make it your problem as well?

I dunno, my thoughts are, he should have been more responsible and use protection. I don't feel sorry for anyone whom tells me that it's an accident! Accident to me just means unplanned, but it's not an accident, if you chose not to wear protection. I've known some male friends that would wear protection regardless if the girl tells them she's on birth control or not. There should be another concern, STD! Just saying!

A break generally means you aren't together for that period of time. You can see other people during a break. As far as I've ever understood it. You're taking a break from the relationship and yes to reflect. Sometimes you reflect with another person. So technically he didn't cheat unless she views it as you do.

"You can't have your menstrual period while you're pregnant. Some women do have vaginal bleeding during pregnancy. Some even report intermittent bleeding that seems like a regular period to them. But vaginal bleeding during pregnancy is not the same thing as menstruation." - Very first result on Google. Or this

Bottomline you can never have your menstrual cycle while you are pregnant. Once you are pregnant there's no reason for a menstrual cycle. It stops.

Thank you for this. Many people don't realize the difference. A true menstrual cycle involves the shedding of the uterine lining. If you do that during a pregnancy, then the fertilized egg would be shed right along with it. Vaginal bleeding can be mistaken for this but it's not the same thing. Also, some women may get a discharge that varies in color, maybe even brown, but that also is not a period.

"But vaginal bleeding during pregnancy is not the same thing as menstruation." Agreed.

However, there is no need to debate this. This is just semantics, or a disavowal of genuine hormonal discrepancies. Whether the exact origins of the bleeding are "the same" or not, I live in my own body, and I know what I experienced. The first hit on a search doesn't erase the truth of my body's experience.

"But vaginal bleeding during pregnancy is not the same thing as menstruation." Agreed.

However, there is no need to debate this. This is just semantics, or a disavowal of genuine hormonal discrepancies. Whether the exact origins of the bleeding are "the same" or not, I live in my own body, and I know what I experienced. The first hit on a search doesn't erase the truth of my body's experience.

But doctors do. When I was pregnant any doctor I asked about this said the same thing I found in every Google search. You did not have a menstrual cycle while you were pregnant. It is physically impossible to have a menstrual cycle while you are pregnant. That's the whole point of a menstrual cycle - this is basic biology. It's not semantics. You did not experience a menstrual cycle. End of story.

And you were there, testing my hormone levels along with my doctor when I was having that vaginal bleeding while I was pregnant, right?

Geez, people can be so b--chy here.

Not being y. Stating a fact that the medical community has stated repeatedly. Think what you want I'm sure that your doctor never said you had your period. To each her own though. Moving on.

I had a normal, regular period in the cycle immediately after I became pregnant with my second child. It is very possible.

Backing this up. With my third son I continued to have a period, albeit a light one, my third month. I freaked out each time and raced to my doctor, positive I was having a miscarriage. (I had previously had one, so was positive that I was doing so again.) Nope, just some women do so. I went into my doctor though for monthly checkups anyways and he kept having to reassure me.

Stress they figured was the likely cause, because the baby's father had been killed early on and his family at the time were being horrendous to me when all I wanted was to make sure I wasn't denying my son family. (Whole other story for another day.)

That said, morning sickness does not usually show up right away. Although something no one takes into account too often is that there will always be those exceptions to the real in all aspects of medical, human, heck life circumstances. Always. The person who drowns and is dead for a half hour that then is revived, the cripple will never walk who does, on and on. So never so never medically, because anything and everything IS POSSIBLE. At 6 weeks in I started throwing up, suspected I had morning sickness, got the pregnancy results right after learning the baby's father had been killed in an accident. And yes, I was very dumb at the time for having unprotected sex. I was stupid when I was younger, thankfully I didn't end up with STDs. Just a light of my life.

All of that aside, what's really troubling OP, is that this guy had sex without protection. I do not care what that chick did or didn't tell him, and I still think he's full of crap BTW) having unprotected sex with someone until you both can show your doctor's tests for being clean is the health equivalent for both parties of playing Russian Roulette with a loaded gun. Penicillin won't "fix" some of the STDs out there, nothing will. So why would you want to be with anyone would gamble with his and your life that way?

Any way you slice it, this guy takes risks that will put you and others in the path of danger with little thought to anything other than his own johnson. And yes, it is very possible to say, "You know what? I may be in love with you, but I am not going to let you screw me over," and to walk away.

I've done it several times. I got over the men, I moved on, I found better and did better. You can too. His stories just don't add up and I really dislike him painting this other woman as a "villain" who trapped him. If he's that weak again why would you stay with such a man child? If you're going to free fall without a parachute, don't b*tch when you hit the ground too hard and something happens you didn't want.

Archived