Jump to content

Open Club  ·  63 members

Off Topic

What is the weather right now in your city/town/village, Part 2


Seraphim
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • 2 weeks later...

Forecast said rain beginning at 4:00 am. Didn't rain, bone dry at 7:00 am. I figured it was another WRONG forecast. Welp, about an hour and a half later the wind picked up and it started pouring. We really need this rain.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

Death total from the storm is now 8. 😓

Tens of thousands still don’t have power. 

Do you have power? Hopefully. 🙏Sorry this is happening in your hometown. Isn't it a holiday weekend? 🙁

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Wiseman2 said:

Do you have power? Hopefully. 🙏Sorry this is happening in your hometown. Isn't it a holiday weekend? 🙁

I have power thankfully. The storm was two provinces wide and came up from Michigan. Thankfully, it stopped about 20 KM South of us. But it cut a swath about 500 KM. So the town we lived in the past 11 years was hit hard and down our families ways was hit hard. Ottawa was hit hard . Then it went off into Québec. It was very fast moving. Some people were killed in campgrounds yesterday. 😓 
 

It is a holiday weekend , yes. So unfortunate for many. Our families are luckily ok. 
 

Thank you for asking . 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Rose Mosse said:

Glad you're ok, Seraphim. 

It was crazy because 80% of the Canadian population was in direct line of this storm. It also had a few tornadoes embedded in it . 

 

My dad’ cousin just got her power back today. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Seraphim said:

It was crazy because 80% of the Canadian population was in direct line of this storm. It also had a few tornadoes embedded in it . 

 

My dad’ cousin just got her power back today. 

The news has been pretty horrifying lately. Glad to hear also that your dad's cousin got power back. This must be so frustrating.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm not necessarily afraid of extreme weather but I surely wouldn't want to experience it. We get a major earthquake every 20-30 years and an occasional tsunami warning where I live but that's it. I can't even fathom hurricanes or tornadoes.

Today started out clear and sunny but it became overcast. Probably because it was sunny earlier I don't feel as sick as I normally do when it's cloudy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

I'm not necessarily afraid of extreme weather but I surely wouldn't want to experience it. We get a major earthquake every 20-30 years and an occasional tsunami warning where I live but that's it. I can't even fathom hurricanes or tornadoes.

Today started out clear and sunny but it became overcast. Probably because it was sunny earlier I don't feel as sick as I normally do when it's cloudy.

We easily have extreme weather, snow storms and ice storms and wind storms and tornadoes etc. However we don’t often get hurricanes because we are in the middle of the continent. We get remnants of hurricanes in the form of rain storms. We did one time get a hurricane in this area though in the 50s hurricane Hazel. I drove through the last of Hurricane Katrina in Montreal that was something to see. The rain was unbelievable. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sandals 🏖️

It's still quite cool here and we're off to a very slow start. Nevermind, I'll take what I can get.

31 C sounds nice. Feels like 36... that would be heaven. I hope the storms stay away in the east, Seraphim.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...