Open Club  ·  88 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

What is the weather right now in your city/town/village, Part 2

Seraphim

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Wiseman2 said:

Do you have power? Hopefully. 🙏Sorry this is happening in your hometown. Isn't it a holiday weekend? 🙁

I have power thankfully. The storm was two provinces wide and came up from Michigan. Thankfully, it stopped about 20 KM South of us. But it cut a swath about 500 KM. So the town we lived in the past 11 years was hit hard and down our families ways was hit hard. Ottawa was hit hard . Then it went off into Québec. It was very fast moving. Some people were killed in campgrounds yesterday. 😓 

It is a holiday weekend , yes. So unfortunate for many. Our families are luckily ok. 

Thank you for asking . 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Rose Mosse said:

Glad you're ok, Seraphim. 

It was crazy because 80% of the Canadian population was in direct line of this storm. It also had a few tornadoes embedded in it . 

My dad’ cousin just got her power back today. 

Just now, Seraphim said:

It was crazy because 80% of the Canadian population was in direct line of this storm. It also had a few tornadoes embedded in it . 

My dad’ cousin just got her power back today. 

The news has been pretty horrifying lately. Glad to hear also that your dad's cousin got power back. This must be so frustrating.

• Like 1

I'm not necessarily afraid of extreme weather but I surely wouldn't want to experience it. We get a major earthquake every 20-30 years and an occasional tsunami warning where I live but that's it. I can't even fathom hurricanes or tornadoes.

Today started out clear and sunny but it became overcast. Probably because it was sunny earlier I don't feel as sick as I normally do when it's cloudy.

50 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

I'm not necessarily afraid of extreme weather but I surely wouldn't want to experience it. We get a major earthquake every 20-30 years and an occasional tsunami warning where I live but that's it. I can't even fathom hurricanes or tornadoes.

Today started out clear and sunny but it became overcast. Probably because it was sunny earlier I don't feel as sick as I normally do when it's cloudy.

We easily have extreme weather, snow storms and ice storms and wind storms and tornadoes etc. However we don’t often get hurricanes because we are in the middle of the continent. We get remnants of hurricanes in the form of rain storms. We did one time get a hurricane in this area though in the 50s hurricane Hazel. I drove through the last of Hurricane Katrina in Montreal that was something to see. The rain was unbelievable.