Open Club  ·  65 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

What is the weather right now in your city/town/village, Part 2

Seraphim

• 2 weeks later...

Going to be a nice 23C again today and 11C tonight . It is cooling down people . We are headed into the last about 6 weeks of warm. We can have on and off warm until about Thanksgiving in early Oct and then we are done. It is almost like you can feel Fall coming . 

Severe heat warning for 8/31 thru 9/7. Low to mid 90s forecasted.

I considered asking my brother to stay with him for a week because he has AC and I don't. But then I remembered he sets his thermostat to 90 degrees and refuses to allow the AC to be used until the inside temp reaches 91. If I'm going to be stuck inside a house that's 90 degrees I might as well stay home.

Dreading trying to sleep in this torturous heat.

I'm not going to invest in a $600 window AC unit for an apartment I'll probably only be in for two more months. So I'll just have to endure.

4 hours ago, boltnrun said:

Severe heat warning for 8/31 thru 9/7. Low to mid 90s forecasted.

I considered asking my brother to stay with him for a week because he has AC and I don't. But then I remembered he sets his thermostat to 90 degrees and refuses to allow the AC to be used until the inside temp reaches 91. If I'm going to be stuck inside a house that's 90 degrees I might as well stay home.

Dreading trying to sleep in this torturous heat.

I'm not going to invest in a $600 window AC unit for an apartment I'll probably only be in for two more months. So I'll just have to endure.

90!! I'd be roast chicken .

I don't know if it's an option for you but I used to love my portable AC. The kind with wheels and you can stick the tube out any window. I really think they do a better job than window units plus it's easier to move with you. Just an idea if it becomes unbearable and you can afford it. 

I just don't want to invest several hundred dollars into something I'll probably only need for a few weeks. I'll just have to do my best to keep as cool as possible.

And yeah, 90 degrees. He doesn't want to pay a higher electric bill so he'd rather roast his family. He gets very angry if someone turns on the AC and it's "only" 88 inside the house.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Seraphim said:

Frost tonight ! Category 4 Hurricane to hit our East Coast be safe everyone!!

Just in time for me to get back to the Coast.

Not even 50°F in my travels in the Montana area, glorious weather!