Has anyone had a Psychic prediction about a relationship breakup come true?

dollydoll

I'd like to know if anyone had a breakup psychic prediction come true OR not come true due to free will/both parties putting in effort into making sure the relationship works. I have been with my boyfriend for 3years, but I was adamantly told by a really good and well known psychic that we would break up (she specifically said in 12 or so months)...she said 'its not a relationship that would lead to marriage, kids etc. We have a great relationship (there is room for growth... as my relationship with my mother in law still needs to improve). I would like to be with forever, but this psychic prediction really has me feeling anxious that it might happen. Is it possible to change my life path after a very well known and highly accurate psychic adamantly tells me that we would break up?

OP: you're making the BIG mistake by letting this "prediction" cause you such great anxiety that you almost can't function or focus on what is real. Be careful, your sudden anxiety could actually lead to the cause of a break up and nothing to do with a psychic's "prediction". You need to get yourself back to where you were BEFORE seeing a psychic and carry on as normal. If you hadn't seen her, would you still be anxious and worried that your relationship is going to end? Think about it.

(Side note: please don't resurrect ancient threads - the OP's no longer post/have been banned/ etc. Thanks).

ALL mind reads/Mediums/Psychics are a scam.

Think about it, if this woman was for real, able to see the future for people, why isn't she advising world leaders? Seem to me she could do a lot more good helping people prevent wars, hunger, etc. It wouldn't be that hard to prove her abilities either.

No psychic will ever submit themselves to a scientific test of their abilities. Here is an article on how these people trick you: link removed

No, I've never had a single one come true. And yes, I've had the whole gloom and doom and oh, he's going to break up with you--unless you give me money to tell you how to prevent it blah-blah-blah--routine pulled on me. Guess what? It never happened although I did end things with him nine years later after our marriage was on its last legs and we were sick of each other. It didn't happen in the six months that had been predicted. Oh, and even worse was the psychic who came up to my ex and I and tried to scam us into paying her for more information after telling us we'd live a long and happy life together and have kids. That particular ex was the worst relationship of my life and we did not end up together, because I ended up fleeing away after he cheated on me.

So much for psychics and predictions. Seriously if you want to predict if a relationship will last be a) willing to observe and see red flags for what they are instead of excusing them away b) well-versed in what red flags are c) how well you both communicate and get on and have similar values and d) how you handle adversity as a couple as well as the good times. Those are all far, far better predictors of how long or if a relationship will last, but even there that isn't a 100 percent guarantee because life and people change constantly. And what may be appropriate and what you want today may well not be anything your future self wants anything to do with.

You can worry yourself needlessly and miss out on life or you can realize that if human destinies and behaviors could be that easily predicted those tactics/skills/whatever you want to call them would be used far more than they are. You have much more ability to predict what will happen in your relationship than any psychic ever will, you just may not want to. Besides the psychic has a 50-50 percent chance of being right no matter what she said just because there are only two possibilities: you stay together or you don't.

No, don't do that to yourself, psychics are for entertainment purposes only, don't let such bogus influence your mind!

You yourself can turn the "prediction" into a self fulfilling prophecy, because with this paranoia in mind, you will end up sabotaging your own relationship, so then yeah, the prediction will come true, but not because the psychic was right.

You can change the "path" by not thinking about the prediction. I know, easier said than done, but you have to do it, otherwise you will be miserable and anxious and that will for sure make things more difficult in your relationship.

You will break up if you make it a self fulfilling prophecy - so worried about the prediction that you start testing and questioning your boyfriend and withdrawing from him because you are worried about the prediction - therefore affecting the relationship and driving a wedge. That is why these "psychic predictions" about breakups and such are harmful.

Psychics are a load of rubbish. Im not too sure what country you are from but here in the uk we had a show called "derren brown - trick of the mind" and he explored psychics and exposed them. Fascinating really.

But honestly, ignore all she said. The only way it will come true is if you make it so.

I agree with the 'a self fulfilling prophecy'.

This person probably looked at you and made a statement based on the fact that you are young and so will probably have lots of relationships before you finally settle down. That is not a psychic prediction, its a judgement by a person who doesn't know you or how deeply you love your boyfriend.

You know what to do now? Prove them wrong!

I'm chuckling because I see the irony of the fact that that psychic just engineered your breakup! So you listen to that, then suddenly you start feeling anxious and behaving differently and get suspicious and worry and voila, in a year, you've ruined your relationship with your anxiety and her 'magical' prediction comes true. And the psychic says, 'see, I was right, my predictions always come true!'

did this psychic charge you money for this? The truth is you really need to question the motivation of someone who does this kind of thing and charges money for it. I do believe that there are some reputable psychics, but they DON'T charge money for their abilities and use them for good like helping the police rather than trying to influence the path of someone's life by issuing these kinds of predictions to the lovelorn who are desperate enough to pay money to trying to 'guess' the future.

If you want to know your future with your BF, the best way to do that is to ASK HIM and talk to him about what your goals and dreams are and determine whether he is on the same page as you or not. If you're dating him and you ask him what his thoughts are on marriage and kids and whether he sees himself wanting to get married in 2, 5, or 10 years, and he says, 'I never want to get married or have kids,' then you don't need a psychic, you need to dump him and find someone with the same goals as yours are.

And keep in mind how these psychic predictions work. In a year, you have a 50/50 chance of being together or not. Those are the two options available (you're still with him or you're not), so she chooses one and has a 50% chance of being right. And if she says, 'nope, not together', she plants a seed of fear and doubt in you, and you start snooping around trying to find evidence that it won't work out, get anxious, fight more, etc., so she's actually tipped the odds that you'll break up much higher just by making that statement and having you believe her, to 75% or more.

Then if you go back in a year and say, 'you were wrong, we didn't break up,' she'll say something like, 'well, not yet you didn't, but you will.' Or 'my reading was a bit clouded... I saw trouble in your future, and weren't you anxious all year long about this relationship? Maybe I was reading your doubt, and X or Y has happened to change your fate.' So she actually influence/engineered the outcome by having you believe her prediction and change your actions, thoughts, feelings about the relationship, which of course will drastically change the relationship, and for the worse if she gives you a negative prediction.

So the thing is, the psychic can't lose because of the nature of the game, while you can lose VERY big if you believe the words of some person who is evil enough to prey on the hopes/fears of people and charge them money for it.

Some actually do have a gift, while most are fakes.

A few have predicted me meeting two of my exes.

Like for eg, a few psychics described my latest ex more than a year before I met him (blue eyes, ashy blonde, light brown hair, tall, wide shoulders, intellectual and creatively inclined with an assertive and spontaneous personality and an soft emotional side. Also was told he was probably from overseas (one person said "he'll be very far from home at the time" that he was very close with his family and friends and was calm and looked sophisticated). He was all those things exactly. One even got his name. Spelling was one letter off but still...

I also asked about personalities of different people (sometimes with just their name) and some psychics can get them down to a T including their looks. There's no way they can guess that. I only gave them the first names.

Other predictions came true with a past job (was told I'll be moving up and will have people under me-I became a team leader).

Supposedly the next guy i'll meet will have dimples. I've been told by more than one psychic. Will see I guess lol.

Those "prediction" seem VERY general to me. Think about all the people who would match it. Now if they gave you a name, first and last, date you meet, exact location, and the cloths they would be wearing. Then I might buy that these people have a "gift".

You admit that the spelling of your ex's name was not exactly what the psychic said it would be and my guess it is a pretty common name. And, well, dimples are a dominate trait so its more likely than not you WILL meet someone you want to date who has them.

I told you one gave a name -_-...

And if they said dark features, that would be general. But how many people have ashy hair that's "not so blonde, not so brown" and all those personality traits rolled into one? One psychic mentioned he liked writing poems, that he was or used to be in a band, that the guy writes well and keeps a journal, was into drama/theatre and had presence. Was told he was very athletic too (this guy came second in his country in a form of martial arts and was part of several sports teams.

The guy was all those things and more.

But whatever, you can believe what you want.

Explain to me how another started talking about my ex when I wasn't even asking about him. She described his looks and personality and it was like lol...Oh the ex.

There's not that many people that have those traits along with very piercing blue eyes. He's not that generic.

I told you one gave a name -_-...

And if they said dark features, that would be general. But how many people have ashy hair that's "not so blonde, not so brown" and all those personality traits rolled into one? One psychic mentioned he liked writing poems, that he was in a band, that the guy writes well and keeps a journal, was into drama and had presence.

The guy was all those things.

But whatever, you can believe what you want.

AGain all very general things. And you probably (with out realizing it, because the thought had been planted in your mind) rejected anyone who did not meet those qualification.

It simple tricks that are easily studied, learned, and honed over time. Anyone who wants to waste there money on these things can of course do as they please. I just suggest that you look into all the evidence against these guys and ask yourself why, if they have this power they are not off helping powerful people make the world a better place.

Those "prediction" seem VERY general to me. Think about all the people who would match it. Now if they gave you a name, first and last, date you meet, exact location, and the cloths they would be wearing. Then I might buy that these people have a "gift".

You admit that the spelling of your ex's name was not exactly what the psychic said it would be and my guess it is a pretty common name. And, well, dimples are a dominate trait so its more likely than not you WILL meet someone you want to date who has them.

Psychics get messages from spirits and angels, so the timing is usually not that exact. The higher realm supposedly don't have a concept of time.

Stop guessing, lol I think you're assuming things about my personality that aren't true. I'm far from gullible.

Oh and how many people have dimples? I have dimples, I hardly ever meet people with them. When I was in a LDR awhile back, a psychic picked up on that. I didn't mention a thing.

Woo anyway, I'm excited. Will see what happens

I was adamantly told by a really good and well known psychic that we would break up

Everyone who calls themselves a psychic has a 50/50 shot when predicting breakups.

I've got roughly the same odds betting black or red on a roulette wheel.

If this has played out for me well, and I've developed a rep as a great roulette player, would you give me your money to bet for you?

You and BF get to decide your own outcomes. Play it well, and avoid external distractions.

Psychics get messages from spirits and angels, so the timing is usually not that exact. The higher realm supposedly don't have a concept of time.

Stop guessing, lol I think you're assuming things about my personality that aren't true. I'm far from gullible.

Oh and how many people have dimples? I have dimples, I hardly ever meet people with them. When I was in a LDR awhile back, a psychic picked up on that. I didn't mention a thing.

Woo anyway, I'm excited. Will see what happens

Oh yes, not convenient that any mistakes are so easily explained away.

I still have to wonder why these gifted ppl are not helping to track down terrorists, or tell police offers who kid napped someone. I guess the sprits must care more about your life life than a missing three year old.

Sent from my iPhone using link removed

Well, my family has a touch of the "sight" so to speak. BUT there's a catch, and it's a big one. Here's what my grandmother once pointed out. "So big deal I can have a dream that comes true or know something at the back of my head. It's not exactly a useful talent, because even if I dream about a disaster how in the (blank) am I going to stop a massive earthquake that kills thousands or control all of the factors in human existence to save someone's marriage when those people may change, so much that the fact is they should break up and now instead they stay stuck in a dead end relationship?" So yeah, unless you want to make money using your "gifts" or amazing your friends it is a pretty useless talent. And I suspect more than a few psychics are just highly empathic and/or observant. I've been accused of being "psychic" by my friends when I've correctly predicted someone's breakup. But it wasn't psychic talent that gave me that insight--it was the fact the guy she was with checked out literally every woman's butt as they walked by whenever his girlfriend wasn't looking. It doesn't take a psychic to know the writing is on the wall with that one. I can often tell things about people that seem psychic, but again they are simple deduction--much the way the character in the BBC series Sherlock is able to come up with things. Even there he gets it wrong sometimes, but it's just his observations that give him information. Ditto, it's not rocket science to watch someone stare at and display signs of interest in a pretty dark-haired woman while ignoring her blonde friend that walks by then "predict" they'll meet a dark-haired woman in the future or that they prefer brunettes.

And yes, there are plenty of psychics out there that just throw crap at the wall knowing they've got a 50-50 shot of getting it right. Seriously, just go live your life since worrying about some future breakup makes just about as much sense as worrying about a plane landing on you or lightening hitting you. Besides how many times have you heard of a prediction that was totally wrong: "There's no way that couple will last," and 30 years later they're still married while all their friends and family are divorced and/or have been through several breakups. "No way he/she will ever walk again" only to have the person do so and become a marathon runner or race car driver. (I personally knew someone who is the second example) How many times have we all heard, "There is no way..." "This will happen..." "I predict..." And see it be totally wrong? Billions I'd wager, because we are human and we do not accept defeat or others words as the final say to our lives--we do.

Yeah, I sound like a fortune cookie right now, but it's true and you know it. Stop worrying about what will be, enjoy what you have. If it makes you feel better I predict that you'll talk this over with your boyfriend, the increased dialogue will make you two closer and your relationship stronger. Will you stay together forever? I don't know, because in the future I can't see how you'll both change since the one factor we can all pretty much predict is change will come. But I have at least a 50-50 shot of getting my own prediction for your relationship right now don't I.

I don't know if I believe in those kinds of predictions one of you could die, gawd forbid and that too would make her prediction come true if it occurred before you ever had kids or married they leave things so open to interpretation. Let your relationship go where it goes because of how you wish it to go no a fortune tellers theory. Make your own future.

Psychic predictions are self-fulfilling, as said before. Also, most of it is too vague anyway. "Something will happen bad in your relationship in a year". Well no crap, most relationships fail in the long run (think of how many relationships people have in their lifetime), so that prediction would be true for most people.

I've seen a couple cheap psychics just for laughs. I had one insist that I "MUST" have some sort of legal troubles going on and then insinuated that I was lying to her about it...when I really wasn't. My record is clean! I also had a couple more tell me that my boyfriend and I would have like 2-4 kids and get married within a year, blah blah. We laughed it off. Neither one of us wants to get married now and we never wanted kids and now there's no way I could have them physically. Psychic predictions are crap.

Thanks guys. As much as I would like to believe that they are frauds/have a 50/50 chance of getting things right, I'm so bothered by the fact that she got so many other personal and very specific things right- her words have literally haunted me. I'm just hoping that she got this particular prediction completely wrong.

Archived