My boyfriend is cheating on me and my heart is broken.

Tashi14

I don't want him to go to jail for something i consented to.

Unfortunately, since you're under the age of consent, what you want and what happens can be two totally different things. Of course, I'm working off the assumption that you are in the US, where no state recognizes consent under the age of 16.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Any particular reason why? You could have ended it there and then

I'm not ready for what he might say, i've heard everything everyone has said but i'm still thinking. i don't know for sure if he even cheated on me. Maybe i should be with someone my own age? maybe there is a reason is hasn't contacted me. so many things going through my head right now .

You should be with someone your own age, because then you will be in the same stages in life. The point was made that you wouldnt at age 26 sleep with a 14 year old boy. You know deep down that it isnt right and doesnt work so you need to end it, you just want to prolong it because you dont want to have that hurt yet, but it will have to happen and the sooner you do it the sooner you can start to work on yourself and heal.

The longer you leave it the harder you will find it to end things. You were pretty positive earlier that he has cheated, just remember those texts, he is still contacting his ex, in a flirtatious way. You are being used, you wont think you are, but unfortunately you are and that is why you need to end things sooner otherwise it will hurt more, he could manipulate you more, and you will stop yourself from meeting a guy around your age who is better suited to you.

I know your still thinking , and now talking yourself into not being sure if he cheated or not ..

this has become more than that ..

the deciding factor here is if you are both caught you will go through gynaecological examinations to determine the extent of the relationship , you will be questioned , interviewed , your family will be in full knowledge of it all and every step of your relationship will be scrutinised as well as your computer and phone. Then there will a court case .

that's you ..imagine what he will go through !!

let this be the reason to gain the strength to realise your a young lady caught in a dirty adult world right now and you MUST not see him again ...

then use this lovely forum to talk to us so we can help you heal your heart like the rest of us are doing xx

Hey Tashi, you're too young. He's clearly a sexual predator. You can't see that because you're young. I'm telling you this as a lawyer and person who deals with people like this all the time (in court)- go get help. Tell your parents or if you can't tell them, tell the police.

I know your still thinking , and now talking yourself into not being sure if he cheated or not ..

this has become more than that ..

the deciding factor here is if you are both caught you will go through gynaecological examinations to determine the extent of the relationship , you will be questioned , interviewed , your family will be in full knowledge of it all and every step of your relationship will be scrutinised as well as your computer and phone. Then there will a court case .

that's you ..imagine what he will go through !!

let this be the reason to gain the strength to realise your a young lady caught in a dirty adult world right now and you MUST not see him again ...

then use this lovely forum to talk to us so we can help you heal your heart like the rest of us are doing xx

This is just too much for me to think about right now, for once i actually feel like a 14 year old. i'm stressed out

It's going to take some time to sort through this emotional roller coaster. But trust us when we say, it is unhealthy to continue with this guy. Yes, the relationship is illegal, and we've already discussed the potential fallout from all that. But, you've also hit on this guy's dishonesty (all too common in people who pursue romantic relationships with the young) For your sake and your family's, I hope you choose to end all contact with this man, and pursue more wholesome relationships with age-appropriate partners. Now would also be a good time to focus on yourself. You should focus on your writing, and seeing where that leads.

I'm being parental here but the next time he calls have your parents answer. That will end it right there and then. Really sweetie, you shouldn't allow anyone other than your age to call you (unless they are relatives). Be brave and do the right thing.

he would get in trouble and i don't want that, i still love him regardless and i can't help that. It doesn't mean im going to stat with him though

hey tashi,

If you start having any other questions or just want to sort some thoughts out, post here anytime, or start a new thread. If you don't get a response, then post again to bump it up so we can catch it. You're not alone, okay?

thanks, I have a really bad headache that doesn't seem to be going away. I've been crying and stressing out for the past two days. I'm gonna go to bed now and maybe i'll come back tomorrow. thanks everyone.

Ah, they moved/added a few letters, I wasn't aware of that distinction...!

It's not rearranging a couple of letters. Pedophilia is attraction to prepubescent kids and is a mental disorder. On the other hand, sexual attraction to teenagers is very common, but most people are smart enough to realize that even though their bodies look like adults, their minds are still children.

Irrespective of the OP...

Why do people persist with calling people who have sex with minors pedophiles?

Pedophiles are people who have a primary/persistent sexual preference for PREPUBESCENT minors.

Ephebophiles are people who have a primary/persistent sexual preference for pubescent minors.

Adults who engage in sexual conduct with minors may or may be creepy or normal, noticeably immature or normal, and the fact that people persist on utilising the same label (one with particularly nasty connotations) for all the situations above just shows ignorance, especially when viewed from a purely legal standpoint (since the laws and ages-of-consent vary between countries and even states)

Is the situation in the OP, regardless of veracity, showing very poor judgment or even recklessness on the part of the guy? Damn right. The legal side of such a relationship makes it poisonous to both, if nothing else. Can we be sure that a 26/14yo match is going to prove emotionally damaging and should end immediately? Probably. Do I personally find it creepy? Sure. Have I met early-teenage girls who easily pass the visual test with a little makeup, or even without? Certainly have - turns out a friend of mine who's girlfriend was 18 was actually 13 (this was a half-dozen years ago). Five points to anyone who can guess how surprised I was.

As much as I hate to be the messenger of bad news, if he was the nicest guy as claimed:

First, this thread would not even be posted here. You would be trusting him and he would contact you as well as taking you out.

Second, he would be not only be introducing himself to your parents but would also take you out to meet his folks too.

Third, he wouldn't even think of talking an underaged girls. Even I would be disgusted talking to ann 18 year-old guy.

BTW people in love don't have sex right away after 1 month. This is the infatuation stage you might be confusing for love. Love can be expressed in many ways, not just giving it away within a short time.

TELL YOUR PARENTS + CALL THE POLICE.

Nothing else but that should be discussed here people! Who cares if he cheated on her! The point is this guy is sexually abusing a little girl and IMO everyone here should be convincing her to do the right thing before he does it to another girl.

Maybe he isn't the guy he said he was, i've been calling him and again he hasn't been taking my calls. I just wanted to talk to him thats it. i just got home from grocery shopping with my mom and who do i see there , HIM with her. I did a double take, i couldn't believe my eyes. My heart dropped and i wanted to go over and scream at him but i know better also i was with my mom. They were holding hands waiting at the check out line, she is so different then me. She's tall, and she has big boobs, i can't compete with that. It seemed liked they were always together, i can't really explain it. I'm ashamed because a small part of me doesn't care and just want him back. Why won't he answer his bleeping phone. UGH I know i'm being stupid but IDC

Archived