Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

A day in the life of Mama Metro (metrogirl)

metrogirl

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks ladies. The support means so much to me, I'm really trying so hard. We are expecting rain tomorrow, hopefully not in the morning because I would like to walk around the lake again. It's really so pretty, the air is fresh and there are some many geese and ducks. I feel so relaxed when I am there.

It didn't rain on Sunday, boooo but I did walk around the lake yesterday morning and again this morning. Today was really lovely, the air was cool and damp and it made my 2 mile walk so much more beautiful.

I decided to not work OT today. I'm just catching up on some house cleaning and laundry. There is a major pile of clothes in the laundry room sink that are just there. I think I am going to go through them today and likely donate a lot of it to Goodwill.

On another happy note, I went to Sears yesterday to look for an exercise bike and ended up finding some pants for work, a size smaller than usual and on clearance. They were initially 37.00 dollars and I got them for 7.00 dollars! I wasn't going to spend a lot of money on pants that won't fit me for too much longer.

Ok folks, are you ready? I lost 6lbs! I did a happy dance when I looked down and saw the scale. My son was like "whoa mom, good job".

My son and I went for a morning walk around Legg Lake this morning. It was probably just under 2 miles. I'll be walking more tonite at work on my break.

Woooo hoo!! awesome!

YAY! I am glad you are walking again.

Sears..... I love Sears. I bet you're a "shop your way rewards" member like I am....COUPONS! lol

But of course I am. Actually I'm kinda sad, the one that I go to near my house is going out of business so I will have to venture out to another one nearby.

I'm still eating healthy, still walking and still losing weight. Total weight loss is 8lbs, that is about a pound a day.

The transplant hospital said that I needed to lose a minimum of 15lbs to start the testing procedure. I'm halfway there and hoping to get everything started very soon. It's funny how those 8lbs have inspired me even more to work that much harder to keep it going. I wake up each morning with thoughts of how I am going to make the best out of each day from the diet to the exercise. I'm feeling really good and my face is looking a little slimmer.

Frustrated that the Red Cross doesn't have a platelet donation center close to my house. I get emails from them asking if I can donate platelets, they have a big need for AB donors and the centers are so far. Oh well, I guess I will just do my good deed and drive the 20 something miles to donate this Sunday.

I think I will do my walk around the lake before the appointment in case I am too tired after the donation, that way I won't miss out on my daily exercise.

Was going to try and go out with Jesse on Sunday but rain is forecasted and I don't want him out in bad weather so I guess we will stay in and watch football and I'll end up cooking. Now I just have to figure out what to make. Blah....

How is he doing nowadays mama?

I really should give blood soon (I can't for the next year because of the tattoo) but after that. I always try to give when I can.

He's doing ok for the most part. His kidney function dropped again and he is now only at 6%. Since the function dropped, they have to increase the amount of dialysis that he gets because the toxins are accumulating in his body and the numbers show this.

So in the meantime, I will just continue to work diligently to lose the weight so he has a chance at a kidney transplant, unless of course a cadavder donor comes up first. It's all a waiting game.

Petite and Huntress, thank you. I knew I could do it, heck I did it before. I just needed to be prepared mentally and I wasn't for a long time. Now I'm in it to win it as they say. LOL

Didn't work early today so I decided to do my 2 mile walk around the lake again. I really need to get to the gym though. I'm not going to lose the weight quick enough without doing the hard cardio I was doing with the various machines. I'm just trying to figure out how to work it all in my schedule and still attempt to work some 12 hour days.

Have you thought about trying workout dvds? I have found them very convenient when I was working out. I need to get back into the swing of things.

Well I do have the 30 day shred but that was a complete nightmare when I tried it the first time around. I have never really felt any kind of physical pain as I did when I tried her video. My legs literally felt like they had been thrown into a paper shredder. I couldn't walk for 4 days, really. I couldn't climb the steps in my house and couldn't sit on the toilet properly. So naturally I gave that one up. LOL

I was looking at Target for some other dvd's but didn't see any that appealed to me. Will probably have to look around at some other stores to see if there are any that I might like.

I think the bottom line is I have to find time to get back in the gym. The scale hasn't moved in the last couple of days even though I am still walking and still watching my food intake. When I was working out in the gym previously, the weight was coming off quick. I'm mentally trying to figure out how I can balance long work days and gym time and still get some rest.

The Shred one can be tough. I actually like the Biggest Loser's Power Walk dvd. It's very low impact and I actually lost weight when I followed the schedule that came with the dvd. Each segment is about 17 minutes which is nice because if you only do 1 it feels like you're about to collapse at the end (of course it's what you put into it) and you're done. It's not like The Shred where you feel you're going to die 5 minutes into it.

I've had success with the Dancing With the Stars workout dvds. They are fun to do, keep you interested, and they really get you in shape.

I saw those videos on sale at Target for 10 bucks. I also saw the P*ssycat dolls dance workout video on sale but I think I remember BellaDonna saying she had that one and didn't like it????

If you haven't finished the 30 day shred maybe you should see if you can work on it? It's really a great video, I've used mine for a long time and only now I'm bored of it because I've gone through the steps so many times at this point.

One of my new favorites are is Jillian Michaels: Banish Fat, Boost Metabolismn it's under $8 on amazon. It is about 45 minutes of circuit training with an additional 10 minutes of warm-up and cool down, it's 7 six minute circuits and you go through each circuit twice. It has the effect of making you feel like you’re not stuck in one exercise for too long. I'm currently using this dvd at home along with some hard core ones such as Georges St. Pierre Rushfit: Strength & Endurance Workout and The Pit Workout. The Pit workout is really hard, but man it makes me feel so good at times I also go back to good ole Turbo Jam Punch Kick & Jam. I've got a bunch of workout dvd's so if you're interested, about any of them you're welcome to more recommendations.

Archived